Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» President McKinley EU
introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 2:24 pm by SUPERSTARS

» User Profiles
introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 1:36 pm by NR512

» Newbie needing lots of help (Issued)
introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 1:29 pm by NR512

» Call Sign request
introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 1:09 pm by NR512

» They're still there!!!!!
introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 12:31 pm by Razz229

» New user request Call sign (Issued)
introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 12:02 pm by Jeff 26/9CT2020

» The Song Game
introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 11:21 am by Razz229

» How far can you get on SSB?
introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 9:44 am by chazwozza

» South Coast PMR net report
introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 9:44 am by Razz229

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
introduction (Issued) Vote_lcapintroduction (Issued) Voting_barintroduction (Issued) Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
introduction (Issued) Vote_lcapintroduction (Issued) Voting_barintroduction (Issued) Vote_rcap 
Firetrap
rabbi
mickyboy
Andybron
Matt86
Master Virus
Ultimitmale (John)
Delboy
Keywords
president Messages Zetagi yaesu midland Baofeng ss9900 lincoln request Buxton sign Sirio call alan Mckinley Mobile frequency list division base bash antenna 3000 file Albrecht callsign
February 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 52 users online :: 8 Registered, 0 Hidden and 44 Guests :: 1 Bot

Ct3829, G0RQQ, Gandalf2, NR512, pauldalton, Reaper, Rich 26ct1584, SUPERSTARS

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

introduction (Issued)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smokedog1980

QTH or Location : Llangollen
Call Sign : 163-CT-228
Equipment Used : crt mini mobile

introduction (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: introduction (Issued)   introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 7:05 pm

Hi, My name is shaun, this is my first go at getting inot CB, I have just bought a crt mini uk 40 mobile set up, I have a few friends in the local area that will also be getting set up soon and the plan is to start a small local group always active, I'm not sure if you get a call sign if i@m not on the 11m ssb set up. not sure, I am a total newbie!! any help or vital threads to read will be most appreciated.
Back to top Go down
StevieG

StevieG

QTH or Location : SW London
Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060
Equipment Used : Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII, CRTSS6900N, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Antron99 Fire up , Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: introduction (Issued)   introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi Shaun , welcome to the CTDX group,  yes you can get a callsign for UKFM , why not get your friends to sign up to.
Spent many happy summer's on the canal at your QTH , what help are you after ?
73s
Steve.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

QTH or Location : London
Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: introduction (Issued)   introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 6:18 am

Hello Shaun, welcome to the forum and the hobby,

I am delighted to allocate you 163-CT-228 may you have good luck with it.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Smokedog1980

QTH or Location : Llangollen
Call Sign : 163-CT-228
Equipment Used : crt mini mobile

PostSubject: Re: introduction (Issued)   introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 4:36 pm

Many thanks for your responses! I'm racking the hours up on you tube trying to learn as much as I can, I have managed to get the rig up and running in my little motor, the antenna looks amazing on my Peugeot 205. Me and my mate went up onto the mountain yesterday afternoon and could hear a few different conversations going on which was fun, I did not expect to be able to pick up a scouser chatting to a lorry driver coming up the m6 near manchester from the horshoepass mountain in north wales, they were clear as anything, I did try and break in but they must have thought "what a newbie" still learning the CB etiquette and lingo. Thank you so much for the call sign Gary, hope to chat with someone soon.

73's Smokedog
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

QTH or Location : London
Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: introduction (Issued)   introduction (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 5:49 am

You're very welcome Shaun,

I'm glad that you're set up and working well, height is might in the radio world so it is truly amazing how far you can transmit and receive from high spots.

You can usually break in just by waiting for a gap in the conversation and simply saying 'Break break' or 'On the side' but do remember you have the advantage of being high up in a RF quiet environment so although you can hear them they may not be able to hear you, you just have to keep trying.

There isn't a lot of lingo or slang still used (thankfully) and normal speech is definitely the way to go.

Good luck and enjoy the hobby Shaun.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: introduction (Issued)   introduction (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

introduction (Issued)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: New Member Introductions-