Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 11m conditions
CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeToday at 12:11 pm by glenn dog

» CRT space U/ space V
CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeToday at 11:27 am by 26CT1074

» CW sidesweeper, new project
CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeToday at 11:01 am by stephen Gunrunner

» EU conditions have started
CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeToday at 6:04 am by SangueG

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by SangueG

» CT callsign please (Issued)
CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

Keywords
power 9900 call callsign 2023 sign lincoln chart 2022 meter 6900 display president supply ALINCO Baofeng ss9900 Sirio yaesu Mckinley anytone frequency Mobile list antenna software
QRZ Database

CTX equipment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt86
CT Directors
CT Directors
Matt86

Call Sign : 26ct2767
Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Swindon
Equipment Used : Yaesu ft818 , yaesu 8900r , yaesu ft950, stalker 9

CTX equipment  Empty
PostSubject: CTX equipment    CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 11:00 pm

A thread for related equipment and discussions on radios , power , antennas and other related equipment for CTX activations .

Alan - Mirror Man likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigDuffers
BigDuffers

Call Sign : CTX2500, M6GIP
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Lancashire
Equipment Used : Lincoln II+ and T2LT

CTX equipment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTX equipment    CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 7:59 pm

Hi all.
Here's a video I did - detailing all my CTX kit...
Hope it helps!
Paul
CTX2500

Sydthecat, Paddy, 30ct555, Alan - Mirror Man and Me001 like this post

Back to top Go down
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3921 / M7GDA
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Lambourn
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

CTX equipment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTX equipment    CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 10:09 pm

Hi Gents,

I'm putting together my CTX equipment list, and the radio needs to be small and light.  As such, I'm thinking of the various CRT products, and there's at least three which could be suitable!?!  Output power will be a major consideration, as I'll need to carry the unit and battery to drive it....I can't see a stipulation on output power for CTX activations, so I'm kind of assuming it will be the stock legal radio in the UK?

Cheers, Simon.

Alan - Mirror Man and beachyhead9 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sydthecat
CT Directors
CT Directors
Sydthecat

Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Times Thanked : 46
QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 101d, MD200 mic ,Mosley 3ele Yagi

CTX equipment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTX equipment    CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 11:57 am

Hi Simon 

Stock legal would be good but isn’t set in stone , but to be honest 10w or even 5w is more than enough power when on any mountain with a clear take off 

Craig

Alan - Mirror Man and TheReverend like this post

Back to top Go down
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

CTX equipment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTX equipment    CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Thanks Craig.  I notice your QTH is the Yorkshire Dales? I was there in August, camping near Pateley Bridge.....a wonderful part of the world.  I took my static mobile gear with me to have a go, however the QRM from all the LED's/chargers on the campsite flooded every channel, which I should have known really!

Sydthecat and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

CTX equipment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTX equipment    CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2021 10:50 pm

CRT One N now received from Knights.....boom!, so I'll do some tests alongside my static mobile gear next time I'm out.

Sydthecat and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

CTX equipment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTX equipment    CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 12:39 am

Hi all,

A quick update on my equipment progress....the CRT One N worked a treat static mobile on FM straight out of the box with the Sirio 4000.....got through to Sid's Sunday Net no worries, with contacts made at 50+ miles.  As such, I bought a Tracer Power 10Ah Li-Po battery pack (roughly 750g), which should easily deliver enough power.  What with this, together with my T2lT and 10m mast, I think everything is pretty much now in place for a CTX adventure....!

Victor and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

CTX equipment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTX equipment    CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 10:13 pm

Just a quick update gents.....I tested my CRT One N again on Sunday, with the Sirio on the car, but this time with the 10Ah Tracer Li-Po power supply..... and it worked a treat!!  I joined Sid's Sunday Net on FM, and all was good for a hundred miles or so, and I'm sure the solar storm helped a bit!.  My next move is to test it on the T2lT on the mast, out in the field.

Sydthecat, Alan - Mirror Man and Al21 like this post

Back to top Go down
Al21
Contributor
Contributor
Al21

Call Sign : 26CT4617, 26TD133 & M7FPX
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Malton, North Yorkshire
Equipment Used : PMR 446 handset, President McKinley

CTX equipment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTX equipment    CTX equipment  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2022 7:17 pm

TheReverend wrote:
Just a quick update gents.....I tested my CRT One N again on Sunday, with the Sirio on the car, but this time with the 10Ah Tracer Li-Po power supply..... and it worked a treat!!  I joined Sid's Sunday Net on FM, and all was good for a hundred miles or so, and I'm sure the solar storm helped a bit!.  My next move is to test it on the T2lT on the mast, out in the field.
Hi Reversnd, how are you getting on with this setup?
I'm currently looking at battery packs as an alternative to a leisure battery as it should provide a usable CTX power supply.  The 10Ah Tracer looks expensive but has all I want.  Are you still happy with it?

Al

CT4617
TD133
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CTX equipment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTX equipment    CTX equipment  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CTX equipment
Page 1 of 1