Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking google      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Vote_lcapNew foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Voting_barNew foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Vote_lcapNew foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Voting_barNew foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Matt86
Firetrap
Andybron
rabbi
mickyboy
Sgt Bilko
Blue Boy
Master Virus
Keywords
frequency list 9900 radio Wales lincoln Messages Baofeng Buxton Zetagi file Sirio antenna yaesu alan president midland Mobile Mckinley power division base call request ss9900 callsign
April 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 16 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 2 Bots

26CT231ANDY, 28DR405, Aleona67, Big Red, GaryWilson, Javelin Jim, Markone, morris, Richard.C, Shake71, Sneakym8, steve152, StevieG, Sydthecat, Vendee85, vincemcd1966

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

New foundation course, need revision materials.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sydthecat
Admin
Sydthecat

QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 3000, MD200 mic ,Vortex 4 ele Yagi

New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 8:17 pm

Congratulations Marc and a big well done !

Enjoy !

Craig 73
Back to top Go down
MarcFX

MarcFX

QTH or Location : North Somerset
Call Sign : 26CT2627, M7ARQ
Equipment Used : GrantII (Standard), CRT SS9900, FT817ND, UV5R (x2), GD-77 (x2)

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 pm

GaryWilson wrote:
Congratulations Marc well done!!!!!

I hope to work you on the bands at some time. I trust the intermediate book is now in the post!! Smile

73's Gary.

Already got all the books Very Happy . Plus the RSGB Radio Communication 'Handbook' (I need bigger hands) and the ARRL Antenna Book (Another 2000 pages). Laughing

73 Marc.

Would just like to add that anyone can do this. If you want it do it. Foundation is fairly basic it's out there for everyone. If you want it enough you will do it. I'm not a genius.
Back to top Go down
MarcFX

MarcFX

QTH or Location : North Somerset
Call Sign : 26CT2627, M7ARQ
Equipment Used : GrantII (Standard), CRT SS9900, FT817ND, UV5R (x2), GD-77 (x2)

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Sydthecat wrote:
Congratulations Marc and a big well done !

Enjoy !

Craig 73

Thanks Craig. Certainly will enjoy! Just got to get the equipment set up right. The handies are already programed for the local repeaters, and I've applied for a DMR ID.

All advice welcome!
Marc
Back to top Go down
The Professor

QTH or Location : Millport, Isle of Cumbrae
Call Sign : 108-CT-242
Equipment Used : Not yet started

PostSubject: Foundation Course Practical and Exam   New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 4:45 pm

I am looking to take the Foundation Course but because I live on a small Scottish Island, I can only get to the mainland at weekends due to the last ferry being 8.15pm. Are there any clubs that can do the practical and exam on a weekend?
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

QTH or Location : London
Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 6:58 am

Hi Paul, if you go to the R.S.G.B website and look up the clubs that are close enough for you to get to you can then contact them and see what their training schedule looks like.

Good luck!

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ Online
The Professor

QTH or Location : Millport, Isle of Cumbrae
Call Sign : 108-CT-242
Equipment Used : Not yet started

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 3:41 pm

I looked on the schedules of my nearest clubs and they are all evenings. So I'm not able to attend. I may have to travel if I find a club in GB that does a weekend.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 5:16 pm

Ah that's a bit tricky Paul.

Did you speak the the club officers? If you explain the situation they may well be able to do something bespoke for you. Signing of the practicals shouldn't be too much of an effort for a willing trainer.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
TJS 26CT3029

TJS 26CT3029

QTH or Location : Dudley
Call Sign : 26-CT-3029
Equipment Used : CTR SS9900 SS6900N Fidelity CB 3000FM Ham international multimode 2 Imax 2000

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Just waiting for my local course to start
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 5:36 pm

TJS 26CT3029 wrote:

Exciting times John, I hope you have your nose in the study material!!!

Best of luck let us know when you have passed!! Very Happy

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
TJS 26CT3029

TJS 26CT3029

QTH or Location : Dudley
Call Sign : 26-CT-3029
Equipment Used : CTR SS9900 SS6900N Fidelity CB 3000FM Ham international multimode 2 Imax 2000

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 5:38 pm

GaryWilson wrote:
TJS 26CT3029 wrote:

Exciting times John, I hope you have your nose in the study material!!!

Best of luck let us know when you have passed!! Very Happy

73's Gary.
Thx mate i am lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New foundation course, need revision materials.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: The Amateur Lounge :: Training and Qualifications-
Jump to: