Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
XMAS COMPETITION: Win a Brand New Yaesu ft891 with Wideband Modification and to help the winner use it we are including a 30 Amp Power Supply on top. This is our biggest prize yet. All this could be yours for Christmas for just £20. - See Latest News Forum for details.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 11m conditions
ham international Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Ethergoddle

» Power supply
ham international Icon_minitimeToday at 2:34 pm by Gmonkey

» Introduction and Call-sign Request
ham international Icon_minitimeToday at 2:15 pm by StevieG

» New member intro
ham international Icon_minitimeToday at 2:14 pm by StevieG

» Introduction and Call-sign Request
ham international Icon_minitimeToday at 2:13 pm by StevieG

ham international Icon_minitimeToday at 2:11 pm by StevieG

» Introduction & call sign request (Issued)
ham international Icon_minitimeToday at 2:08 pm by Gmonkey

» icom tv-r7000 tv adapter
ham international Icon_minitimeToday at 11:55 am by Victor

» Coax i am using 213
ham international Icon_minitimeToday at 11:48 am by Victor

Keywords
frequency tickets list callsign Mobile call Calling division ss6900n radio lincoln tango chart bazooka president antenna ss9900 Sirio charlie midland power alan 6900n Mckinley 9900 sign
QRZ Database

ham international

Go down 
AuthorMessage
top_traindriver

Call Sign : 26-CT-3479
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : New Brighton, Wallasey
Equipment Used : ham internationl con and multimode2,superstar 6900n

ham international Empty
PostSubject: ham international   ham international Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 1:21 pm

hi does anyone know where you can get the plastic plug you stick in the back which has a green wire which loops the speaker so it works and what they are called cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 23
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

ham international Empty
PostSubject: Re: ham international   ham international Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 2:21 pm

I thought it was only the Lincolns that had those? I have a bag full with pins for the Lincolns.

I've found a picture of the back of a rig showing it but not large enough to be able to see it.

Basically it's a Molex connector but that won't help you on its own because there are hundreds of different types of Molex connectors. Personally I'd be inclined to open it up and solder a wire across and permanently link them unless you intend to use an external speaker.

Never understood why they did it that way other than it being a lazy arse method of design to disable the internal speaker when hooking up an external one.

If you can post a picture of the socket on the back of the radio with nothing in it I can at least compare it to the Lincolns and see if it's the same. If it is I can get a plug and pins in the post to you fairly quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
NUBSTER

Call Sign : 26 CT050 26 FB080 26 WT105 26 TE171
Times Thanked : 39
QTH or Location : NORTH LONDON
Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna, use a AMP ofcourse I do sometimes

ham international Empty
PostSubject: Re: ham international   ham international Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 2:41 pm

ham international 20200510
ham international 20200512
ham international 20200511 Is this what your looking for if it is it's from a original old President Lincoln and not Ham International as for getting one you might get one for sale under the section for rocking horse poo for sale lol on ebay they are very rare to find now , Knights use to sell them long time back he might have some give him a call .01652 64878

And sorry that's mine in the pic and not for sale either
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sydthecat
CT Directors
CT Directors
Sydthecat

Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 3000, MD200 mic ,Vortex 4 ele Yagi

ham international Empty
PostSubject: Re: ham international   ham international Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 2:52 pm

ham international 2da98510

Just checked my MM2 and they defo have the said connector on the back , unfortunately I’ve no idea where you would get one

Craig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
NUBSTER

Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna, use a AMP ofcourse I do sometimes

ham international Empty
PostSubject: Re: ham international   ham international Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Craig never seen ones like that, they look smaller than one on my Lincoln
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sydthecat
CT Directors
CT Directors
Sydthecat

Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 3000, MD200 mic ,Vortex 4 ele Yagi

ham international Empty
PostSubject: Re: ham international   ham international Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Think they (MM2) were for something called Cell call ?

They do look different though Martin

Craig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
NUBSTER

ham international Empty
PostSubject: Re: ham international   ham international Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 3:08 pm

I had SelCall on my old Stalker 9  Craig never got it work or really knew what is was .
Can the OP tell us what he needs the plug for cos most Ham International radios i knew had ext speaker socket in them even Jumbos did
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Radio Pixie
Radio Pixie

Call Sign : 26CT052
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Peoples Republic of Cornwall

ham international Empty
PostSubject: Re: ham international   ham international Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 9:51 pm

I wouldn't bother with the plug. Just solder the wires on the selcal socket at the back of the Jumbo, as per Syd the Cat's photo, and you will never have to worry about losing the plug again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Radio Pixie
Radio Pixie

Call Sign : 26CT052
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Peoples Republic of Cornwall

ham international Empty
PostSubject: Re: ham international   ham international Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 9:52 pm

I wouldn't bother with the plug. Just solder the wires on the selcal socket at the back of the Jumbo, as per Syd the Cat's photo, and you will never have to worry about losing the plug again.

Opps, doubled up my post Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

ham international Empty
PostSubject: Re: ham international   ham international Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ham international
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: