Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CT callsign please (Issued)
radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» EU conditions have started
radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeToday at 2:19 am by babis3g

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:58 pm by VanRougeT4

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

» 11m conditions
radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 10:33 pm by babis3g

» Ten on 10m FM - event 20th April
radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 12:04 pm by SangueG

» END FED QUESTIONS ..
radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:00 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
lincoln chart software callsign supply sign 2022 display list 2023 frequency Baofeng Mckinley yaesu president ALINCO call Sirio meter antenna 9900 Mobile power 6900 anytone ss9900
QRZ Database

Radio Gaga

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Firetrap
CT Directors
CT Directors
Firetrap

Call Sign : 26CT100
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : North Yorkshire
Equipment Used : Emperor Shogun, Delta 318 Export, TYT380, Albrecht 2990AFS, SS3900

radio - Radio Gaga Empty
PostSubject: Radio Gaga   radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 11:48 pm

Having a look through all the radio suppliers websites tonight and noticed a lot of them are seem to be selling out of radios fast. 

Heres an example of couple website which I wont name..

CRT Superstar 6900 V6
£154.99
"Out of Stock"

Albrecht AE5890 EU 
£139.99
"Out of Stock"

CRT 9900 V4
£165
"Out of Stock"

I thought, blimey they must have either had a mad influx of newcomers to CB buy all their 11m sets or perhaps due to covid they wont have had reliable delivery.

Anyhow, carried on galavanting around the web and I find these shops selling these radios at DOUBLE their shop price on various other selling platforms. I even saw an Albrecht handheld for £320 - wow! Ive got one and they are decent but not THAT good.

Couple years ago, I could buy Brandnew DX5000, DX5555 etc radios fully programmed for £90 delivered. Why take advantage of customers like that? Thing is The parts are all the same and so is the quality and they come modded from the factory now, just press a few buttons or move a jumper from one place to another to complete the mod.

The richest businessmen are always best middle man and this goes to show it

£299 plus postage for a bloody Anytone, SS6900..Absolutley crackers.

You can buy the President Mckinley Export for less.

Please dont be duped into paying over the odds for these radios, do yourself a favour and shop around and take your time because there is no way on this earth anyone should pay anywhere near these prices. The bloody worlds gone mad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.charlietango.co.uk
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

radio - Radio Gaga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Gaga   radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 7:14 am

People are buying them.
I put one of my Ranger 2950's on the bay the other day.
Put it on at £200 buy-now with best offer plus £10p&p hoping for a reasonable offer but it sold instantly.
Thinking about the other one i have now should i shouldn't i ???? lol.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

radio - Radio Gaga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Gaga   radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 7:43 am

Hi Lee,

From what you've said I'm just glad I'm not currently looking to buy a new radio!!

Unfortunately the UK has been the proverbial 'gold pot at the end of the rainbow' for some time now, businesses run on the model of "charge what you can get away with" and boy do they seem to get away with it!

I blame 'minimum wage'....even as a time served or qualified worker you find yourself earning not much above the most intelligently challenged of society and the old adage of 'a fool and their money are easily parted' comes to play Wink Very Happy

Joking aside, it's the same with everything especially fuelled by the current situation.

You tried buying a bicycle recently? You won't get a new one anytime soon, secondhand prices are rocketing and you'd be hard pushed to get spares for that secondhand bike anyway!?!

Weirdly it does seem to be madness with any type of radio, I saw an old Lowe HF225 receiver sell recently for over £400 on a popular auction site!!!! I'd be a "numpty" not to dig out my old set and try the same wouldn't I? Except I'd rather keep it and not add to the madness.....

I hope you manage to get hold of a radio at a sensible and reasonable price Lee.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
SimonS
SimonS

Call Sign : 26-CT-3657
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Wakefield
Equipment Used : n/a

radio - Radio Gaga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Gaga   radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 11:52 am

you are spot on matey

i am just returning to the hobby after a few years away and looking through websites can't believe some of the prices

alot of items are out of stock and some people i have spoke to are hoping for deliveries mid july

the only decent radio set i can find that suits at the minute would be the president mckinley but even these have large price differences from store to store so if i speak to wifey nice enough..........

73s Simon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

radio - Radio Gaga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Gaga   radio - Radio Gaga Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio Gaga
Page 1 of 1