Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 11m conditions
Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeToday at 12:11 pm by glenn dog

» CRT space U/ space V
Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeToday at 11:27 am by 26CT1074

» CW sidesweeper, new project
Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeToday at 11:01 am by stephen Gunrunner

» EU conditions have started
Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeToday at 6:04 am by SangueG

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by SangueG

» CT callsign please (Issued)
Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

Keywords
call antenna list Mobile power anytone 6900 callsign president lincoln supply Mckinley 9900 2023 Sirio yaesu ss9900 ALINCO meter 2022 frequency Baofeng sign chart display software
QRZ Database

Calander mis-spelling

Go down 
+4
Victor
Firetrap
NUBSTER
Knig
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Knig

Call Sign : 137-CT-006 MD7KNE
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Isle of Man
Equipment Used : Icom 7100, Pres McKinley

Calander mis-spelling Empty
PostSubject: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 11:11 pm

Could someone correct the spelling from Calander to Calendar please? It's driving me insane  geek geek geek  lol!

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Knig

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 11:25 pm

You should see how I react to apostrophe mis-placement!! :-)

GaryWilson likes this post

Back to top Go down
Firetrap
CT Directors
CT Directors
Firetrap

Call Sign : 26CT100
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : North Yorkshire
Equipment Used : Emperor Shogun, Delta 318 Export, TYT380, Albrecht 2990AFS, SS3900

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 1:43 am

Lol I never noticed it. Thanks for letting me know

GaryWilson and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.charlietango.co.uk
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 8:05 am

Damned homophones! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:32 am

Ha! Ha! Very Happy

We do get a lot of them Martin, but it's nice that we help people out by explaining politely how to go about it. I know our Gary appreciates it because he ticks the little 'like' button when we do Smile

Often the person requesting thanks us for our help too Smile

At least the spelling mistake pointed out was a site button, it'd only get my back up when someone starts the "Grammatical Police Officer" on someone's posting.

At least with an online forum we don't have terrible hand writing to contend with(!) I don't need to decipher an 'incorrectly' spelled word and doesn't even cross my mind unlike figuring out someone's hieroglyphic handwriting! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 10:39 am

Don't you worry about it Martin, I don't.

I've always understood everything you've ever put up here and you're a goldmine of information mate.
(And flipping helpful too!)

You my friend are what we used to call a "diamond in the rough".

40 carats of the best diamond you'd ever seen without a blemish in sight, yet most would brush you pass merely as an unassuming pebble. Most folks wouldn't know a diamond in it's natural state if they saw it and wouldn't even scratch beneath the surface to find out.

I'm just glad I've seen you for who you are, regardless of poxy spelling mistakes or stupid labels.

You stay just the way you are mate Smile

NUBSTER and GaryWilson like this post

Back to top Go down
Paddy
CT Directors
CT Directors
Paddy

Call Sign : 26CT2727
Times Thanked : 54
QTH or Location : Stockport
Equipment Used : Icom 7300. Icom 705, Yaesu FTM400XD and a Yaesu FT70.

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 11:57 am

When you join the Facebook group, you are asked to acknowledge we cannot allocate Callsigns and they can get one at the forum (link added) when they join. 1 in 8 people’s first post will be can I have a Callsign? or How do I get a Callsign?

My replies are always polite through gritted teeth, lol.

NUBSTER, GaryWilson and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi Paddy,

I'd never bothered with the 'facebark' site until Lee did the raffle draw for the President, (so I had to setup a profile!)
I like it now because of the info that is often posted there but not here. But yes, despite the obvious I've noticed the callsign requests......and like a true gent you point them here Wink

Gritted teeth or not Very Happy

GaryWilson and Paddy like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 12:26 pm

Oh and Nigel,

Well done for pointing out, nothing like an itch we can't scratch Wink

You pointed out politely, even added a LOL emoticon to keep it light, nicely done.

We're all just having a general banter and shooting the breeze, which is what I love about the people on this forum Smile

How you getting on with that new ticket & callsign? Well I hope Smile

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 3:00 pm

Marin and Victor can you imagine what it's like chasing them around the forum as they post in just about everyone else's threads except for their own? Posting "how do I get a call sign" Then even when told they just ignore it and post in another thread!!!!  lol!

All of those have to be split and merged into a single thread for them or things get really confusing.  Rolling Eyes

Ironically I can cut and paste a properly filled out profile into the call sign directory and issue the call sign in about twenty seconds if they would only read the instructions first!!!  

73's Gary.

Paddy and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 3:30 pm

I know Martin, I've thought many times about how we could make it clearer and there are some that definitely just struggle with computers so I end up filling their profiles out for them which I really don't mind. Then there's the others that just cant be bothered to read what needs to be done and 99% of the time they hassle like mad never to be seen again when they've got what they want.  Rolling Eyes

NUBSTER and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Gary,
You do a phenomenal job mate and I'm sure with long held gritted teeth at times Wink
Be sure that although it can sometimes seem unappreciated, we know and appreciate what you do.

I mean, who else just gets on with it the way you do?
Especially the random, posted and tagged everywhere, messy callsign requests, with the moaning "why didn't I get it 20 minutes ago!" attitude and not even a mere thank you after you sort that mess out!! lol!

You're a flipping star mate! Very Happy

--------------------

Martin,
It does take allsorts mate, but don't half make us appreciate others more because of it.

But I do know what you mean.
I've ridden motorcycles all my life and the amount of times I've heard the "I used to have a motorbike" and when you ask what type the response tends to something silly like "It was a red one....."?!? And I'm sure more people claimed they owned a Bonneville than Triumph ever flipping made! Very Happy
Perhaps it's just an ice breaker into conversation....which is why I just smile and carry on with life Wink

After I was left disabled I was damn determined to get back on two wheels and did so with an automatic scooter. Now I get the comments "Bet mine's faster than yours mate" and I bite down on my dentures so flipping hard trying not to retort!! Very Happy

In life I can roll my eyes.....gonna have to see if there's a smiley/emoticon to do the same here Wink

Ahh, just found it, (just saw it in Gary's last post)...... Rolling Eyes
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Boy will that get some use Smile

GaryWilson and Paddy like this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 8:35 pm

Thank you for the kind words Victor. 

The truth is I love doing it mate. I'm always delighted when new members come back and say they've made their first contact or just passed the foundation exams it's what it's all about. We all love radio of all kinds and CT has been my radio home since returning to the hobby myself. I received loads of help and advice here then so in a way all I'm doing is giving a little back. Those rolling eyes eh Vic!!!  Laughing

73's Gary.

Paddy and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 8:48 pm

Praise where praise is due Gary Smile

I've always loved your positive attitude and agree that there's something about that inextricable warm fuzzy feeling when helping people out and seeing them progress.

God we've got a flipping great bunch here on Charlie Tango!

(Yeah, love an emoticon, always a good way to add an intended emotion to the written word)

All the best.

Back to top Go down
Kittiwake
Kittiwake

Call Sign : 163-CT-234 / MW7WYN
Times Thanked : 4
QTH or Location : Swansea
Equipment Used : CB>>Homebase: SS6900n with 1/2w silver rod, Mobile: CRT Millenium (V3) with mini springer......HAM >> Anytone D878UV

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:12 pm

GaryWilson wrote:
I know Martin, I've thought many times about how we could make it clearer and there are some that definitely just struggle with computers so I end up filling their profiles out for them which I really don't mind. Then there's the others that just cant be bothered to read what needs to be done and 99% of the time they hassle like mad never to be seen again when they've got what they want.  Rolling Eyes

There maybe some confusion between the instructions in red print and the instruction on the profile page. In red you ask for country, local location and personal name, Yet on the profile page it asks for the fields with an astrix to be filled in, Name and Country do not have asterix!

Oh and getting back to original topic the misspelt button having been acknowledged hadn't  been changed at time of this posting
lol! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 6:50 am

Kittiwake wrote:
GaryWilson wrote:

There maybe some confusion between the instructions in red print and the instruction on the profile page. In red you ask for country, local location and personal name, Yet on the profile page it asks for the fields with an astrix to be filled in, Name and Country do not have asterix!

Oh and getting back to original topic the misspelt button having been acknowledged hadn't  been changed at time of this posting
lol! Very Happy
Thanks for the observation Arwyn.

I think that the difference is because if you just want to join the forum there is no need whatsoever to identify yourself personally so you don't have to enter your name and country. If however you want to be allocated a call sign we need to have those details for the purpose of the call sign directory which is why the instructions in red ask you to fill them out.

We're constantly reviewing all aspects of the forum in the staff room and this is one that I think we might need to revisit. Thanks for the feedback.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.

Kittiwake likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 7:03 am

To the op
Just put your mouse pointer on the word don't click and see what you get lol.
Back to top Go down
Paddy
CT Directors
CT Directors
Paddy

Call Sign : 26CT2727
Times Thanked : 54
QTH or Location : Stockport
Equipment Used : Icom 7300. Icom 705, Yaesu FTM400XD and a Yaesu FT70.

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 6:47 pm

Ok Knig (Nigel) you’ve suffered enough.

Knig likes this post

Back to top Go down
Knig

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 6:56 pm

It is possible of course that I was a couple of Mhz short of a bandwidth before that!!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calander mis-spelling   Calander mis-spelling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calander mis-spelling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: