Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antenna Required.
Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeToday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» First dx in 40 plus years
Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeToday at 3:36 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

Keywords
ALINCO president sign callsign Sirio call meter ss9900 lincoln frequency display software yaesu power 9900 Baofeng 6900 Mobile antenna list 2022 chart 2023 anytone supply Mckinley
QRZ Database

Possible problems of requesting a callsign

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kittiwake
Kittiwake

Call Sign : 163-CT-234 / MW7WYN
Times Thanked : 4
QTH or Location : Swansea
Equipment Used : CB>>Homebase: SS6900n with 1/2w silver rod, Mobile: CRT Millenium (V3) with mini springer......HAM >> Anytone D878UV

Possible problems of requesting a callsign Empty
PostSubject: Possible problems of requesting a callsign   Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 10:08 pm

There maybe some confusion between the instructions in red print and the instruction on the profile page. In red you ask for country, local location and personal name, Yet on the profile page it asks for the fields with an asterix to be filled in, Name and Country do not have asterix!

Oh and getting back to original topic the misspelt button having been acknowledged hadn't  been changed at time of this posting
Possible problems of requesting a callsign Lol Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_biggrin

GaryWilson likes this post

Back to top Go down
Heritage Builders

Call Sign : 26-CT-3768
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Dilton Marsh Wiltshire.
Equipment Used : President Grant 2 ; 5/8EF on Chimney

PostSubject: Re: Possible problems of requesting a callsign   Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 11:48 pm

Ah,
I too have just joined up and was a little confused (dot.com) by the process, but I find that more and more these days - I put it down to my senility. I would like to thank all for a really good service and great expediency from Paul, the new Charlie Tango 3768 - 73s to you all.
Back to top Go down
Heritage Builders

Call Sign : 26-CT-3768
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Dilton Marsh Wiltshire.
Equipment Used : President Grant 2 ; 5/8EF on Chimney

PostSubject: Re: Possible problems of requesting a callsign   Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 1:28 am

OK - introducing myself. . . Name is Paul, I live fairly near Warminster - the home of flying saucers for those old enough to remember. I was born in 1948 - about the time some bright spark put another cat's whisker onto the germanium crystal and invented the transistor. Early experience of two way working that rarely worked was the 38 set with a 19 set in the back of the Land Rover and the 88 set from man to man. Cocoa tins and knotted string often out performed these terrible, heavy white elephants. Any chance of distance had to be by Morse, but a touch of dyslexia and bad attitude limited my best to just 12 wpm. Not good enough for the G3 call sign back then. Also my dispute that electricity was a "flow of electrons" and current was - well something like that but backward finally did my head in. Static electricity was an even bigger challenge - " rubbing off electrons" with a silk scarf! Nah, couldn't grasp that one at all, so I stuck to beer, beer and vodka. Never got into cb back in the old days but am certainly impressed by how something the size of a cigar box can, possibly go all around the world - or at least to Radstock. I try to do everything 'right' hence the quest for the correct procedures but without the constraints of the protocols that might limit freedom. I no longer seek the RSGB Route and will be quite content as 26 CT 3768 on 27mhz. I'm starting to learn that there is an awful lot to learn, but hopefully it will be interesting and more importantly it will be fun. Many thanks for setting up this whole facility and running it so very well, Paul.

GaryWilson likes this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 344
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Possible problems of requesting a callsign   Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 6:18 am

Kittiwake wrote:

There maybe some confusion between the instructions in red print and the instruction on the profile page. In red you ask for country, local location and personal name, Yet on the profile page it asks for the fields with an asterix to be filled in, Name and Country do not have asterix!

Oh and getting back to original topic the misspelt button having been acknowledged hadn't  been changed at time of this posting
Possible problems of requesting a callsign Lol Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_biggrin

Thanks for the observation Arwyn.

I think that the difference is because if you just want to join the forum there is no need whatsoever to identify yourself personally so you don't have to enter your name and country. If however you want to be allocated a call sign we need to have those details for the purpose of the call sign directory which is why the instructions in red ask you to fill them out.

We're constantly reviewing all aspects of the forum in the staff room and this is one that I think we might need to revisit. Thanks for the feedback.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.

Kittiwake likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible problems of requesting a callsign   Possible problems of requesting a callsign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible problems of requesting a callsign
Page 1 of 1