Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antenna Required.
radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeToday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» First dx in 40 plus years
radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeToday at 3:36 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

Keywords
supply 2023 callsign chart yaesu meter sign power list lincoln antenna ss9900 Mobile call Baofeng 2022 display Mckinley 9900 president 6900 frequency software Sirio ALINCO anytone
QRZ Database

Radio equipment in ex MOD car?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim Tom
Contributor
Contributor
Tim Tom

Call Sign : 26-SW-010 / 26-TM-087
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Somerset
Equipment Used : Kernow beta 4100 mobile for now...

radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Empty
PostSubject: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2020 10:52 pm

Hello!

Decided this is probably the best section of the forum to post this in as it's most probably some sort of UHF equipment etc.

So looking online at cars for sale and saw this pop ups, any ideas on what any of it is or if anyone has seen anything similar? Will try to go view car in person tomorrow aswell hopefully see what it is in person.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
Tim Tom
Contributor
Contributor
Tim Tom

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2020 10:53 pm

radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Screen13
radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Screen14

radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Screen16
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 8:15 am

The black holder is for a phone.
No idea what the mic is connected to.
Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 9:26 am

You will have to dig out the dash area and side area, might be a radio in there, but i think it will be a mike ext box what would then lead to the main radio unit, we had these in our work cars at the airport here in Finland be for we went digi. Chase the coax back first be for you start pulling at the plastic side and dash area.

Good luck

Tim Tom likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Tom
Contributor
Contributor
Tim Tom

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 9:40 am

glenn dog wrote:
You will have to dig out the dash area and side area, might be a radio in there, but i think it will be a mike ext box what would then lead to the main radio unit, we had these in our work cars at the airport here in Finland be for we went digi. Chase the coax back first be for you start pulling at the plastic side and dash area.

Good luck

Ah spot on cheers, I'll have a look when I go view the car this afternoon, if it is still attached to a radio (Probably won't be) and the dealer hasn't noticed then result!
Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 10:00 am

Glad to help, MOD and Police and so on would rip out the main radio unit, but you never know, happy hunting.
Back to top Go down
Tim Tom
Contributor
Contributor
Tim Tom

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 4:09 pm

So went and viewed the car looks like the phone holder is part of the actual microphone unit judging by the holder is made by some manufacturer as the microphone which I can't remember name of and which I could but began with S.

However I did get a picture of this which seems to be part of the same system for VOX. radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Img_2010
radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Img_2011
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tim Tom
Contributor
Contributor
Tim Tom

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 4:58 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
TBH  it just looks like a old phone holder with very early style of hands free microphone like what I use sell in the 90s, doubt its anything to do with Amateur Radio,even the glass fitted antenna looks like a phone antenna from the same era, the 90s

Ah that's fair enough just thought was interesting

NUBSTER and glenn dog like this post

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Shame you did not get a radio, we had hand cradles like that for our radio units, phone style mic, and a box at the dash area with the main unit in the boot, and as Nubduster said, antenna not looking right, did not want to dash your hope of finding a radio.
Back to top Go down
Tim Tom
Contributor
Contributor
Tim Tom

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 6:26 pm

glenn dog wrote:
Shame you did not get a radio, we had hand cradles like that for our radio units, phone style mic, and a box at the dash area with the main unit in the boot, and as Nubduster said, antenna not looking right, did not want to dash your hope of finding a radio.

Well who knows, ive just paid a deposit down on the car and pick it up next week, once I get it I'll go hunting see where the leads go, ya never know might find somthing

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Very true, glad you got your car, will you put a cb in it or are you a home base station?, i am mainly home base, but this summer put a Superstar Lord rig in, basic Am /Fm rig in and had some fun with it.
Catch you later,
Back to top Go down
Tim Tom
Contributor
Contributor
Tim Tom

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 7:53 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
Never know if you can get it without with ease and no damage to the car ,you could stir on ebay might be useful to someone as a retro fit in a old car or one of those types who collect old mobile phone stuff , might make a little profit 🤞

My thoughts exactly, if i can't find a use for it then there must be someone on ebay who can find a use for it

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Tom
Contributor
Contributor
Tim Tom

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 7:59 pm

glenn dog wrote:
Very true, glad you got your car, will you put a cb in it or are you a home base station?, i am mainly home base, but this summer put a Superstar Lord rig in, basic Am /Fm rig in and had some fun with it.
Catch you later,

Yeah, I used to have a older version of this car and managed to fit a small little cobra am/FM rig in one of the dins when I had a after market radio fitted so thinking of doing same again. Also currently working towards my foundation licence so will be looking in the future to get a mobile rig for that too.

Once I've picked the car up end of next week and I've taken it apart and then rebuilt it again I'll let this thread know what I find from it.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
Tim Tom
Contributor
Contributor
Tim Tom

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 1:37 pm

Update time!

Just picked the car up and here's a picture of the stuff inside, it's made by sepura! Which after a quick Google seems to have made tetra equipment for the met! radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Img_2012

Back to top Go down
Tim Tom
Contributor
Contributor
Tim Tom

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 7:17 am

NUBSTER wrote:
Nice find ,if you can get it out of the car without damaging anything obviously the main thing the cars interior, and stick it on ebay cos there collectors out there for that old stuff well there use to among classic police car enthusiasts who like to put a period style radios in there cars or theres just radio collectors, never know might be a rare one .

I posted it on a Facebook group for that model of car and within 5 minutes had some chap message me asking to buy it. Might sell it to them, it would be wasted on me, does make the car unique though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio equipment in ex MOD car?    radio - Radio equipment in ex MOD car?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio equipment in ex MOD car?
Page 1 of 1