Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Latest Buxton 2021 News fingers crossed this years bash may take place so watch this space
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
Keywords
division power chart display 6900 ALINCO list Calling bazooka ss9900 Sirio antenna midland call 9900 president lincoln frequency tango Mckinley radio SS6900 callsign sign ss6900n Mobile
QRZ Database

PMR revolution

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nav

Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Pontefract
Equipment Used : TYT TH9800

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi all, I've been into radio for about 15 years, firstly with CB up until last year when I abandoned it due to music players and idiots.
We've been messing around with PMR for about a year here in Yorkshire, when we first came on it was relatively quiet, now it's hectic like the CB am days and seems to have spawned a PMR revolution. Over here we have the 8 at 8 dx group which operates on a Sunday night at 8pm on channel 8. We have been getting copies from mobile stations over 100 miles away. Last couple of Sundays there have been over 20 breakers on the channel. 
We also use channel 10 for local.
The other thing we are looking into is the license free band 49mhz which has 5 channels with 15khz spacing from 49830 to 49890. We are currently using 49890 as the calling frequency so if you're in the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire area have a listen to see if we can make contact or give a shout on there.
Happy listening and 73's.
Nav

GaryWilson, Victor, pdkippax and hovis01 like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC
Times Thanked : 100
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:31 pm

Hi 'Nav',

I'm not surprised you abandoned CB, I've heard some of the commotion that goes on up there on those frequencies via the webSDR receivers. (They must've been kids in the 80's first time round doing that stuff and never dropped the attitudes?!?)

I think it was the 'Ringway Manchester' guy on YouTube that I first heard mention of Sunday, 8pm, Ch.8 PMR. I tried for months calling out my way 'darn sarf' every Sunday to no avail so good to hear you've got a bit of a crowd your way.

I wish you continued success with it and hope you get a few more enthusiasts join in.

All the best,
Victor

nav likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sydthecat
CT Directors
CT Directors
Sydthecat

Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Times Thanked : 23
QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 101d, MD200 mic ,Mosley 3ele Yagi

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:36 pm

Hi Nav 

Must agree that PMR is defiantly on the up , here in the Yorkshire dales ( despite the hills N valleys ) we have a very active Ch 8 pmr , almost like the old CB days 

Long may the trend continue 

Craig

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nav

QTH or Location : Pontefract
Equipment Used : TYT TH9800

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:38 pm

Victor wrote:
Hi 'Nav',

I'm not surprised you abandoned CB, I've heard some of the commotion that goes on up there on those frequencies via the webSDR receivers. (They must've been kids in the 80's first time round doing that stuff and never dropped the attitudes?!?)

I think it was the 'Ringway Manchester' guy on YouTube that I first heard mention of Sunday, 8pm, Ch.8 PMR. I tried for months calling out my way 'darn sarf' every Sunday to no avail so good to hear you've got a bit of a crowd your way.

I wish you continued success with it and hope you get a few more enthusiasts join in.

All the best,
Victor
Hopefully you'll be getting more breakers down your way on PMR as the band progresses. We've noticed a massive increase in activity lately with lots of new breakers.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maverick

Call Sign : 26-CT-3469
QTH or Location : Wirral.
Equipment Used : Crt 6900,crt 9900 ,anytone at778 Anthony 99 antenna ,k40 magmount

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 7:51 am

Hi all, so  nice to hear that pmr is like the old cb days without the idiots that stay on channel 19 and play music,I too have moved away from fm,so upsetting how a few have spoiled it for many old school breakers, hopefully pmr will be as good here on Merseyside as it is in your area.
All the best, Paul.

Rayc5 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayc5

Call Sign : 26-CT-3466
QTH or Location : Brands Hatch Kent.
Equipment Used : Superstar 6900

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 8:58 am

Very worried that PMR will attract the same idiots that try to ruin the cb bands.
Let’s enjoy good radio, and decent breakers.
It’s a great hobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 24
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A.

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 9:10 am

The idiots are everywhere now.
The low cost Baofeng has brought them onto the 2m band and i bet 70cm but don't use that band much.
Next they will be getting HF set's and OFCOM does nothing even when given qth details of the idiots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
43CT016
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 6:50 am

Alan Pilot wrote:
The low cost Baofeng has brought them onto the 2m band and i bet 70cm but don't use that band much.
Next they will be getting HF set's and OFCOM does nothing even when given qth details of the idiots.

Far easier to avoid idiots when not channelised though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 7:07 am

43CT016 wrote:
Alan Pilot wrote:

Far easier to avoid idiots when not channelised though. Very Happy
Very true  PMR revolution 1f44d  PMR revolution 1f44d
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stinkybob

Call Sign : 26-CT-4047
QTH or Location : Tarnbrook
Equipment Used : none at the moment

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 10:10 pm

I'm not sure modern idiots are the same as old school idiots. Back in my CB days it was a real novelty to think they had a captive audience so some idiots talked nonstop about nothing or played music because it made them feel important or something. But nowadays you can get thousands of "friends" on Faceache or Twatter and be your own media star on your very own Yuktube or Tacky-Tok channel, so the thrill of broadcasting pointless waffle across the airwaves to a minute audience might not seem so cool now.

Yes there will always be idiots, but do idiots have the patience for radio nowadays when they can do so much more with a smartphone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2021 7:27 am

Every morning you will find one at least on GB3MP from around 10am or not long after.
Prestatyn that repeater is but does cover a large aria.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tristar
Contributor
Contributor
Tristar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3771
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Weston-super-Mare
Equipment Used : CRT Millennium 3v hand sets Pama GT-19

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 5:05 pm

Being fair. The kids were already on pmr with their walkie talkie radio so you can’t complain that they are on because it was theirs first!
With only 16 channels I don’t see what all the fuss is about. We have more channels and power on legal cb!
Jmho
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stephen Gunrunner
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX26DD666.
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : sirio 4000 on tri mag base is the magnum257hp, mobile magnum257, and crt space-pmr

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm

yes thats how it good there could be a good idea of a pmr repeater but its only one channel and its a thought as there is some dark areas that have nothing and this is were a pmr repeater could help and get more on

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PMR revolution
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: PMR446, DMR, LPD Radios-
Jump to: