Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» the charlie tango group
PMR revolution Icon_minitimeToday at 3:15 pm by Monty

» How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?
PMR revolution Icon_minitimeToday at 2:20 pm by Victor

» HF Contacts 10m
PMR revolution Icon_minitimeToday at 12:31 pm by TrunkY

» CT call sign (Information requested)
PMR revolution Icon_minitimeToday at 12:20 pm by Telfordsophia

» St.Andrews Day
PMR revolution Icon_minitimeToday at 8:35 am by Chickenfoot@1987

PMR revolution Icon_minitimeToday at 7:40 am by StevieG

» Arwen whats she done.
PMR revolution Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:54 pm by Alan Pilot

»  new member charlie tango call sign (Issued)
PMR revolution Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:53 pm by Barry

» Stolen radio
PMR revolution Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:26 pm by Floydian557

Keywords
coax power midland ALINCO Mckinley antenna Sirio callsign ss9900 bazooka lincoln yaesu radio display SS6900 call Mobile list chart Calling 9900 president 6900 supply frequency sign
QRZ Database

PMR revolution

Go down 
+14
listner132
Northern monkey
A5H5ATAN1C
Matt86
stephen Gunrunner
Tristar
stinkybob
43CT016
Alan Pilot
Rayc5
Maverick
Sydthecat
Victor
nav
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nav

Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Pontefract
Equipment Used : TYT TH9800

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi all, I've been into radio for about 15 years, firstly with CB up until last year when I abandoned it due to music players and idiots.
We've been messing around with PMR for about a year here in Yorkshire, when we first came on it was relatively quiet, now it's hectic like the CB am days and seems to have spawned a PMR revolution. Over here we have the 8 at 8 dx group which operates on a Sunday night at 8pm on channel 8. We have been getting copies from mobile stations over 100 miles away. Last couple of Sundays there have been over 20 breakers on the channel. 
We also use channel 10 for local.
The other thing we are looking into is the license free band 49mhz which has 5 channels with 15khz spacing from 49830 to 49890. We are currently using 49890 as the calling frequency so if you're in the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire area have a listen to see if we can make contact or give a shout on there.
Happy listening and 73's.
Nav

GaryWilson, Pappy Nick, Victor, Alan - Mirror Man, pdkippax and hovis01 like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC
Times Thanked : 170
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:31 pm

Hi 'Nav',

I'm not surprised you abandoned CB, I've heard some of the commotion that goes on up there on those frequencies via the webSDR receivers. (They must've been kids in the 80's first time round doing that stuff and never dropped the attitudes?!?)

I think it was the 'Ringway Manchester' guy on YouTube that I first heard mention of Sunday, 8pm, Ch.8 PMR. I tried for months calling out my way 'darn sarf' every Sunday to no avail so good to hear you've got a bit of a crowd your way.

I wish you continued success with it and hope you get a few more enthusiasts join in.

All the best,
Victor

Alan - Mirror Man and nav like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sydthecat
CT Directors
CT Directors
Sydthecat

Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Times Thanked : 32
QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 101d, MD200 mic ,Mosley 3ele Yagi

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:36 pm

Hi Nav 

Must agree that PMR is defiantly on the up , here in the Yorkshire dales ( despite the hills N valleys ) we have a very active Ch 8 pmr , almost like the old CB days 

Long may the trend continue 

Craig

Victor, Hitman27 and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
nav

Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Pontefract
Equipment Used : TYT TH9800

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:38 pm

Victor wrote:
Hi 'Nav',

I'm not surprised you abandoned CB, I've heard some of the commotion that goes on up there on those frequencies via the webSDR receivers. (They must've been kids in the 80's first time round doing that stuff and never dropped the attitudes?!?)

I think it was the 'Ringway Manchester' guy on YouTube that I first heard mention of Sunday, 8pm, Ch.8 PMR. I tried for months calling out my way 'darn sarf' every Sunday to no avail so good to hear you've got a bit of a crowd your way.

I wish you continued success with it and hope you get a few more enthusiasts join in.

All the best,
Victor
Hopefully you'll be getting more breakers down your way on PMR as the band progresses. We've noticed a massive increase in activity lately with lots of new breakers.

Victor and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maverick

Call Sign : 26-CT-3469
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Wirral.
Equipment Used : Xiegu g90 with 66m long wire, Crt 6900,crt 9900 with antron 99 homebase antenna or k40 magmount when mobile,

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 7:51 am

Hi all, so  nice to hear that pmr is like the old cb days without the idiots that stay on channel 19 and play music,I too have moved away from fm,so upsetting how a few have spoiled it for many old school breakers, hopefully pmr will be as good here on Merseyside as it is in your area.
All the best, Paul.

Alan - Mirror Man and Rayc5 like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayc5

Call Sign : 26-CT-3466
QTH or Location : Brands Hatch Kent.
Equipment Used : Superstar 6900

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 8:58 am

Very worried that PMR will attract the same idiots that try to ruin the cb bands.
Let’s enjoy good radio, and decent breakers.
It’s a great hobby.

Pappy Nick and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 39
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 9:10 am

The idiots are everywhere now.
The low cost Baofeng has brought them onto the 2m band and i bet 70cm but don't use that band much.
Next they will be getting HF set's and OFCOM does nothing even when given qth details of the idiots.

Paddy, glenn dog, Pappy Nick, Alan - Mirror Man and A5H5ATAN1C like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 15
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 6:50 am

Alan Pilot wrote:
The low cost Baofeng has brought them onto the 2m band and i bet 70cm but don't use that band much.
Next they will be getting HF set's and OFCOM does nothing even when given qth details of the idiots.

Far easier to avoid idiots when not channelised though. Very Happy

Alan - Mirror Man and A5H5ATAN1C like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 7:07 am

43CT016 wrote:
Alan Pilot wrote:

Far easier to avoid idiots when not channelised though. Very Happy
Very true  PMR revolution 1f44d  PMR revolution 1f44d

Alan - Mirror Man likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stinkybob

Call Sign : 26-CT-4047
QTH or Location : Tarnbrook
Equipment Used : none at the moment

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 10:10 pm

I'm not sure modern idiots are the same as old school idiots. Back in my CB days it was a real novelty to think they had a captive audience so some idiots talked nonstop about nothing or played music because it made them feel important or something. But nowadays you can get thousands of "friends" on Faceache or Twatter and be your own media star on your very own Yuktube or Tacky-Tok channel, so the thrill of broadcasting pointless waffle across the airwaves to a minute audience might not seem so cool now.

Yes there will always be idiots, but do idiots have the patience for radio nowadays when they can do so much more with a smartphone?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2021 7:27 am

Every morning you will find one at least on GB3MP from around 10am or not long after.
Prestatyn that repeater is but does cover a large aria.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tristar
Contributor
Contributor
Tristar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3771
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Weston-super-Mare
Equipment Used : CRT Millennium 3v hand sets Pama GT-19

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 5:05 pm

Being fair. The kids were already on pmr with their walkie talkie radio so you can’t complain that they are on because it was theirs first!
With only 16 channels I don’t see what all the fuss is about. We have more channels and power on legal cb!
Jmho

glenn dog and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX26DD666.
Times Thanked : 7
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm

it is very good there could be a good idea of a pmr repeater but its only one channel and its a thought as there is some dark areas that have nothing and this is were a pmr repeater could help and get more on

Last edited by stephen Gunrunner on Sun May 16, 2021 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alan - Mirror Man and Tristar like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt86
CT Directors
CT Directors
Matt86

Call Sign : 26ct2767
Times Thanked : 4
QTH or Location : Swindon
Equipment Used : Yaesu ft818 , yaesu 8900r , yaesu ft950, stalker 9

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2021 10:55 pm

yes PMR has been getting more popular near me , I started into PMR in my most recent visit to radio around 2017 then went for my foundation and intermediate licence with CB mixed in . since then pmr locally has been more popular than CB and now near me around 7 channels got people on .

It's easier to set up a coliniar x30 on the roof , smaller more descrete and many using 50w mobile amateur rigs wideband even some using stacked beams and high gain antennas in the extreme .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDKOcut5wtIUlNKHHSM0wyw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 1:17 pm

up my way the pmr is growing in strength and we are getting contacts that is not what they say in the car and a little home made antenna a crt spase-u and a very good base antenna from Slovakia with crt7u as the base radio, i can chat to my young bro on my base radio great and even out side on the car pmr radio, but from out side the house on my cb nothing, its 20+ miles as the crow flys nothing but on the pmr yes, and its not line of sight he is on a hill but the wrong side, and i am in a valley, yes i believe it works

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tristar
Contributor
Contributor
Tristar

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 8:54 am

Hi 👋
Around Bristol way it’s almost dead through the week and then has a high on Sunday’s 8 and 8!
Apart from a couple of locals and business users it’s dead.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt86
CT Directors
CT Directors
Matt86

Call Sign : 26ct2767
Times Thanked : 4
QTH or Location : Swindon
Equipment Used : Yaesu ft818 , yaesu 8900r , yaesu ft950, stalker 9

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 9:17 am

judt acquired myself a 2&70 Yagi , which the chap used to use it on pmr ... can anyone guess what's happening next 😂

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDKOcut5wtIUlNKHHSM0wyw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tristar
Contributor
Contributor
Tristar

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 12:40 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
Hi 👋 
They already have hf sets and using them on all bands including ham. 
Once the flood gate is open there’s no stopping it!

Pappy Nick likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Northern monkey

Call Sign : 26-CT-4171
QTH or Location : Stockton on tees
Equipment Used : Ranger 2950dx3..hygain v..cobra 148gtl dx..colt 720dx black shadow..imax 2000

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 8:52 pm

stephen Gunrunner wrote:
 it is very good there could be a good idea of a pmr repeater but its only one channel and its a thought as there is some dark areas that have nothing and this is were a pmr repeater could help and get more on
Oddly enough i thought of this a while ago because pmr seems to be more popular in my area than cb and a repeater would vastly increase the distance you could cover and make it a place where we could have some fabulous net’s and make some great contacts..
I got a baofeng bought for me last year by my missus and its great to chat to locals who prefer some intelligent conversation rather than the garbage on cb and for me despite loving 11 meter ssb i do love to just chat to locals some of whom are housebound and its their only contact with others..
Yes a brilliant thought and i even wondered just how easy or difficult it would be to build a repeater🤔

John123 and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 6:43 am

You are talking about repeaters for PMR now ???.
Just get licenced and go DMR.
I don't think they will let PMR use repeaters.
Kid's get toy's on this frequency so imagine them joining in.

glenn dog and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
listner132

QTH or Location : Ayrshire Somewhere.
Equipment Used : several baofengs,cx440 antenna and old president grant 11m radio with gainmaster.

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 6:39 pm

We have a Sunday night schedule near to where I live and also we get about 20 odd on the net... I love going up on high ground 725f asl with the handi.. 446 is getting busier...

Victor and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 3:14 pm

i have looked in to it and most expensive bit it the switch to stop the solar panel over charging the 70 amp hour batt i have a place picked and permission and there is a few things to get and might be ready by next year,

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roboed
Roboed

Call Sign : 26-CT-3490 ( Mr Jameson )
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : South West United Kingdom , City of Bristol , Withywood
Equipment Used : RANGER RCI 2970 Dx , Baofeng uv5r iii, Home Brew PMR 446 Antennas & Radio Shack - TRC 1080 AKA - Maycom EM 27, Sirio New Tornado Antenna

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 1:28 am

I run and chair the South Bristol's Sunday PMR 8 @ 8 NET from high ground 720 feet ASL in South Bristol Dundry Hill. At times the nets get very busy with regularly around 20 operators in the log have had luck also with foggy lift conditions opening some long distance contacts - France 188 miles - North to Stoke on Trent, Lancaster & Hull I regularly contact the Midlands around 88 miles Plus many local breakers in the South West I hope to continue chairing the Net and im proud to use my Charlie Tango Call sign I wish you all the best of luck cheers & beers James 26CT3490 South Bristol

John123, Pappy Nick, Victor, Alan - Mirror Man and Mudslinger like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRoboed
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC
Times Thanked : 170
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 6:31 am

Hi James,

Your PMR net sounds great and well done for running and chairing such events. PMR revolution 1f44d 

It may be of interest to others in and around Bristol, (or even further afield for the PMR DX'ers) so might be worth putting a posting in the 'Nets and Skeds' section of the forum for people to find. (Maybe entitled 'Bristol PMR Net'.)

Always great to hear of such activities here on Charlie Tango.

All the best,
Victor

Pappy Nick, Alan - Mirror Man and Mudslinger like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

PMR revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR revolution   PMR revolution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PMR revolution
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: PMR446, DMR, LPD Radios-
Jump to: