Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» the charlie tango group
CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 5:38 pm by Monty

» A99 -thunderpole 5 or sigma 360hf
CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 pm by Howard

» new member (Issued)
CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 5:08 pm by GaryWilson

» How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?
CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 2:20 pm by Victor

» HF Contacts 10m
CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 12:31 pm by TrunkY

» CT call sign (Information requested)
CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 12:20 pm by Telfordsophia

» St.Andrews Day
CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 8:35 am by Chickenfoot@1987

» Arwen whats she done.
CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:54 pm by Alan Pilot

»  new member charlie tango call sign (Issued)
CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:53 pm by Barry

Keywords
ss9900 midland lincoln 6900 supply sign bazooka ALINCO Sirio power Mckinley radio Mobile frequency callsign antenna display yaesu chart SS6900 coax call list president Calling 9900
QRZ Database

CT call sign request (Issued)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
robgibbs

Call Sign : 26-CT-3980
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Tenterden Kent.
Equipment Used : CRT SS 6900 / 9900 / CRT One / Sirio Gainmaster/ Zetagi MB+5 desk mic

CT call sign request (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 1:16 pm

Location Tenterden Kent UK
Hello
I'm an existing member since 2018 and would really like to change my call sign from CT3434 to CT*** with just 3 digits as I find this easier with long distance contacts and 3434 is just too complicated and confusing for the recieving station.
I'm not fussy about which 3 digits you allocate but if possible not repeating numbers.
Many thanks in advance
Rob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 233
QTH or Location : Braunston Northamptonshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 7:23 pm

Hello Rob,

I'm very sorry all three digit England call signs were allocated many years ago there are none left to allocate. We wouldn't usually change a members call sign unless they move to a different country I'm afraid.  
If you're having issues getting receiving stations to understand you I can offer you the next four digit number from the call sign directory or you can have a look and choose one that's free and you think you would get on better with. Please let me know and I'll make the changes. 

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ Online
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC
Times Thanked : 170
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 7:25 pm

Hi Rob,

I'm not sure that call sign numbers can just be changed ad-hoc unfortunately. 
I'd think it would all become quite the mess if the admin concerned had to undertake this task every time someone fancied changing their call sign. Let alone confusion that could surround such requests.

I know that callsigns are usually allocated on a numerical sequence unless a specific number is requested and if available admin will issue those. I have been a member since 2019 yet my number, (and others around the same time), have an earlier number than yours. Did you request your number specifically when you joined in 2018?

I can understand your point about confusion with a difficult DX QSO, the usual "Repeat please" responses and having a repeating number can add to the difficulties. This would be true for anyone with a numerical repeat in their callsign.
With my own call sign I break down the number from 3228 to "three - twenty two - eight" to try and make the number clearer to the other party. Could you not break down your number in a similar fashion? For example using "three - forty three - four".

I'm sure that a repeating number even on a three digit call sign would cause similar problems.

It's ultimately up to the admin concerned in charge of the callsign database.

Although to be fair I'm proud of my Charlie Tango membership and the call sign allocation issued to me etching it to memory as soon as I was issued. (Some people forget their callsigns? Always confused me as to why.)
As mentioned, the first time I had problems conveying my number on a DX I just reverted to the "three - twenty two - eight" and the other station copied it. Smile

Anyway, hope that helps.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.

robgibbs and Paddy like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 7:26 pm

Ah, sorry Gary it looks like I posted the same time as you.

I'll leave it in your capable hands Smile

robgibbs likes this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 7:36 pm

Hi Vic, 

You're spot on with all of your post. If I remember correctly 3434 was requested by Rob but I too can see a possible issue with "Repeat" in low signal situations which is why I've offered to change it on this occasion. I personally quite like 3434 it rolls off the tongue pretty nicely but if it's not received well I think it's only fair we change it.

73's Gary.

robgibbs and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
robgibbs

Equipment Used : CRT SS 6900 / 9900 / CRT One / Sirio Gainmaster/ Zetagi MB+5 desk mic

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 7:48 pm

Hi Gary
Re the replies
So sorry to be a real pain
Yes I'm really happy for you to allocate the next available 4 digit number - it would be most appreciated - I look forward hearing from you.
Would you be also able to update the CT register with my new call sign?
Many thanks
Rob
Best wishes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 7:52 pm

No worries Gary.

I actually think it's a cracking callsign number just like our Paddy's 2727 Smile

It's only a number I suppose after all, but the reason I hold a pride for mine is simply because it's my Charlie Tango number. 
CT being a brilliant place that has helped me loads and my membership number for such a great group.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
robgibbs

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 9:16 pm

Hello Nubster
Here is my original message fyi inc location and no complaint either!
Rob

Location Tenterden Kent UK
Hello
I'm an existing member since 2018 and would really like to change my call sign from CT3434 to CT*** with just 3 digits as I find this easier with long distance contacts and 3434 is just too complicated and confusing for the recieving station.
I'm not fussy about which 3 digits you allocate but if possible not repeating numbers.
Many thanks in advance
Rob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 9:19 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
And in 4 years its taken him to complain and still not even put the location of where he is which you guys say is mandatory  ...strange that ,oh sorry I promised to keep quiet and let you deal with things but what's good  for the rest of us abiding to rules should be same for all .

Hello Martin,

I think this call sign was issued before we changed forum hosts and like many other members when re registering on the current forum the profile has not been properly filled out. I have all the mandatory information for Rob to enable me to complete his profile when I change his call sign.
The rules are still the same for everyone, I just don't need to make a big deal of something when I have all the information required to do it myself while I update his call sign. I hope this clarifies things for you.

73's Gary.

robgibbs and Paddy like this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 9:23 pm

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the reply, I'm away from my PC now so will update your call sign tomorrow. The call sign directory will also be updated.

73s Gary.

robgibbs likes this post

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 5:52 pm

Hello Rob,

I have changed your call sign to 26-CT-3980 may you have good luck with it. 

Please don't use 26-CT-3434 anymore because it will be removed from our call sign database.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.

robgibbs likes this post

Back to top Go down
robgibbs

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 6:04 pm

Many thanks for all your help
Most appreciated
Rob

GaryWilson likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 6:44 pm

You're very welcome Rob, I hope you are better received with this one.

73's Gary.

robgibbs and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CT call sign request (Issued)   CT call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CT call sign request (Issued)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: New Member Introductions & Call Sign Applications-
Jump to: