Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Latest Buxton 2021 News fingers crossed this years bash may take place so watch this space
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
Keywords
chart 6900 frequency call SS6900 radio ss9900 Mobile midland Sirio Baofeng display ss6900n lincoln president 9900 antenna ALINCO Mckinley list division sign Calling bazooka callsign power
QRZ Database

Royal Mail "redelivery"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
26uk81
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 26UK81
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Oxford
Equipment Used : ss 6900n

Royal Mail "redelivery" Empty
PostSubject: Royal Mail "redelivery"   Royal Mail "redelivery" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 3:14 pm

Not really radio related although it might be if you are waiting for kit.   It's more of a philosophical musing.

I missed a delivery for an Amazon order on Saturday due to over indulging Friday night and still being in the stink pit at 11am.   So I did the usual going online and booking my "redelivery", despite the tracking information saying "delivered" ???    Naturally, they couldn't possibly "redeliver" it until today.     As yet, no sign whatsoever of a postman.   Popped out for five minutes to the shop (risky, I know).   Alas, no sign of a post van anywhere.   Came home fully expecting to find a card through the door cheerily saying "we missed you", but no, there wasn't even a ninja visit the second I left the house.   Anyway, I digress....    What constantly bugs me, is how can a parcel be "redelivered" if it hasn't been delivered in the first place Question  I believe Jack Dee once did a sketch on this and I've been wasting homeworking time trying to find it on Youtube.  On the tracking, it doesn't even say "out for delivery", how could it be after all, if it has been "delivered".   Yet I sit here bereft of my Amazon order.   My parcel appears to be stuck in limbo, possibly in another dimension.   Did it ever exist, was it all a dream?   Don't you just love Royal Mail?   I've got to admire them for their contradiciton and irony.   Recently I paid online for a Royal Mail tracked service on a parcel and discovered that the Post Office, couldn't accept it;  it needed to go to a delivery office.  Rolling Eyes Exclamation

If you want some parcel related amusement, search 'viz waiting for a parcel' without the quotes.   I can't paste the URL in here because it includes naughty language!

John123 and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seasick
Contributor
Contributor
Seasick

Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Norfolk
Equipment Used : Uniden BCT 15X

PostSubject: Re: Royal Mail "redelivery"   Royal Mail "redelivery" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 4:42 pm

I am waiting on the first delivery of something from RM. It was posted last Wedensday & is still not here yet!!

Alan - Mirror Man likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan - Mirror Man
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Alan - Mirror Man

Call Sign : 108CT233
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Central Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900 Beofeng UV5R Yaesu FTDX1200 CRT Micron CRT FP00 Sattelite 2000 antenna ZS6BKW X30 co-linear

PostSubject: Re: Royal Mail "redelivery"   Royal Mail "redelivery" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 5:15 pm

I noticed with Amazon the first few deliveries were fast, with reliable tracking information but after a few the service deminished quite quickly with one package being dumped on my back door step for days until a neighbour pointed it out to me and the delivery information advised me it had been delivered to an address at the other end of my street...I kid you not!
Of course, the people at this address had no idea what I was talking about when I knocked on their door to ask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Mail "redelivery"   Royal Mail "redelivery" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Mail "redelivery"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: