Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Latest Buxton 2021 News fingers crossed this years bash may take place so watch this space
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» SHACK SIGN
Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:52 pm by STARSHIP

» HAM INTERNATIONAL UK
Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:06 pm by Blue Boy

» Call sign request (Issued)
Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:03 pm by GaryWilson

» Call sign request (Issued)
Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:57 pm by GaryWilson

» Ofcom release database of issued UK amateur radio callsigns
Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 pm by A5H5ATAN1C

» Quickly improving any detachable HH antenna .
Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:03 pm by A5H5ATAN1C

» 11m conditions
Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:38 pm by Victor

» The theoretical and the analogue real world imbalance
Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:31 pm by A5H5ATAN1C

» SIRIO 827 ... MODIFYING RADIALS
Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:58 am by Alan Pilot

Keywords
sign Mobile callsign frequency bazooka ALINCO radio 6900 lincoln ss9900 Baofeng Calling SS6900 ss6900n Mckinley midland antenna Sirio display president division 9900 list power chart call
QRZ Database

Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamlet

Call Sign : 26-CT-3975
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Reading
Equipment Used : Growing

Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Empty
PostSubject: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 6:09 pm

Evening all

Hope you are all well and have had a good weekend. Looking forward to the brief spell of warm weather coming up! 

News - got my foundation last Friday - now started intermediate. Fascinated by the subject which is useful! 

27 MHz pulse....  probably a QRM issue just started in my immediate area, but 27 MHz seems to be really noisy over the last 24 hours. There is a pulse - probably 200Hz (?) that is constant on all CB UK channels - worse on SSB.  Almost constant but stops for a few seconds now and again.  Got this on my 9900 radio through a 5/8 vertical and on my Ham ICON 7300 (with magnetic loop). Not on any other band as far as I can tell (e.g 40, 20, 20m etc). Almost like it is a deliberate act........ 

Anyone in the Reading / Berks area noticed anything ??

cheers

Mark

26 CT3975.......   M7***

John123, Victor and Chickenfoot@1987 like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seasick
Contributor
Contributor
Seasick

Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Norfolk
Equipment Used : Uniden BCT 15X

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 6:12 pm

Hamlet wrote:
(with magnetic loop).

Presumably you can get a direction on it, if you are using a loop?

Congratulations on the pass.

Hamlet likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Hamlet

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 7:29 pm

Seasick wrote:
Hamlet wrote:
(with magnetic loop).

Presumably you can get a direction on it, if you are using a loop?

Congratulations on the pass.

Good idea - what it appears to be all around. The loop (magnetic) should get rid of RF from electrical sources  - but is it clear. Funny enough as I write this it has calmed down a lot. But using my HAM radio and the spectrum I can see it is all over the 27MHz band, not just one area of the band...

Hamlet and Seasick like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hamlet

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 7:30 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
Its all over mate we have it in North London my mate has it in Hertfordshire and another has the same in Essex its been going on for weeks .

Ta mate. Seems to have calmed down a bit in the last hour or so, but FM 19 was almost unusable earlier today.

Hamlet likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC
Times Thanked : 115
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 8:22 pm

Hi Mark,

Congratulations on your Foundation pass. Hope you enjoy all those extra bands and frequencies available to you.

As for your 27Mhz noise woes I can only just wish you the best of luck with it. I've witnessed many chasing their tails trying to resolve it sometimes with results, often times not.

All the best,
Victor

Hamlet likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 53
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 8:39 pm

Well done on the pass, Mark.

Hamlet likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
43CT016
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 12:40 am

Congrats on your Foundation pass.  Good luck with the next one!

Hamlet likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
53 Prefect
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
53 Prefect

Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Coldwater, Ontario
Equipment Used : ICOM at the moment

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 4:23 pm

Congrats on the foundation, and sorry you are getting some interference. Been through that last year. From 3 separate sources, all in house! Good luck tracking it down. But there is plenty of info out there on the web, on how to track it down, and what to do.

Hamlet likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hamlet

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 4:44 pm

53 Prefect wrote:
Congrats on the foundation, and sorry you are getting some interference. Been through that last year. From 3 separate sources, all in house! Good luck tracking it down. But there is plenty of info out there on the web, on how to track it down, and what to do.

Cheers. Pretty sure it is not from our house, but I guess next door could be possible. However, after asking around the locals (on the 19), and as noted in this thread, it appears to be something more significant (but what I do not know).  I used the waterfall on my ICON to look at the whole band and nearly all of 27 MHz was pulsing away, but went away nearly instantly on crossing into 28 MHz. Top end of 26 MHz also had it.  Totally gone at the moment! 

rgs

Mark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seasick
Contributor
Contributor
Seasick

QTH or Location : Norfolk
Equipment Used : Uniden BCT 15X

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 5:27 pm

Hamlet wrote:

after asking around the locals (on the 19), and as noted in this thread, it appears to be something more significant (but what I do not know). 

Could it be anything military? Back when I started SWL'ing it was occasionally possible to hear military activity just below the 10 meter band. But I forget where exactly. 

I found the following online..

https://ukspec.tripod.com/specbw.html#b3

Quote :
27.41=... Alarms (27.45 12.5kHz 0.5mW)

27.5= ...  Weather balloons (sondes)

I do not know if the bandplan still stands, but the CB band used to be licenced for Metrological use & 26mhz for fixed & mobile use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 23
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 5:33 pm

Hamlet wrote:
. There is a pulse - probably 200Hz (?) that is constant on all CB UK channels - worse on SSB.  Almost constant but stops for a few seconds now and again.  Got this on my 9900 radio through a 5/8 vertical and on my Ham ICON 7300 (with magnetic loop). Not on any other band as far as I can tell (e.g 40, 20, 20m etc). Almost like it is a deliberate act........

Probably not deliberate. The 11m band is not protected, it's licence free, so basically anything can create interference on it without consequence.

To transmit a signal on the amateur bands though, whether that be from a radio or from interference from a device, you need a licence and if you don't have one you're committing an offence under the Wireless Telegraphy Act in the UK and under others worldwide so you'll find manufacturers of devices put in filtering to notch out the amateur bands and other licenced bands.

Around here I've noise created by electrical devices in the neighbourhood that's S3 over all of 11m but as soon as you get very close to 28MHz 10m amateur band it drops off to nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
53 Prefect
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
53 Prefect

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 5:47 pm

What does it sound like? Are you all getting similar noise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bean
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 6:29 pm

No interferance here on 11m in IO81 , just checked and just hearing 3AT something thats just qsy'd to 27.600usb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilomike

Call Sign : 26CT360
QTH or Location : Hertfordshire
Equipment Used : Icom/ Kenwood/ Yaesu

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 6:42 pm

Very Happy No noise here as well Martin i have 1-2 Signal noise on 11m and nothing on 10M.

You must have some PLT noise going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
53 Prefect
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
53 Prefect

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 6:51 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
As far as I know yes , and not being rude mate please don't start all the testing stuff I've been around CB long enough to know its something not normal that's causing it so don't take offence on my comment.
Erm, well I was not going to start with that. I was just interested. But I won't bother. Like you I go back a bit. 41 years CB and 38 years licensed ham.
Good luck with it. was just showing some interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
53 Prefect
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
53 Prefect

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 7:58 pm

Yes Edmonton. Then moved to Bush hill park, then back to Edmonton, then NY USA, then back to UK in Herts. Now in Canada, last 11.5 years.  I got banned from the old site. I cracked a joke about stereo-typical ham radio operators. Even though I was one myself. Oh well, back now. Skyriders was owned by the guy that owned the used car lot, right? I bought my first CB from him. Was it top of green street? Then he got big didn't he? That was a mistake. Great times though. Still in touch with a few of the old gang via Facebook.

As for the interference, I have heard lots of theories. Just strange that it is covering so many areas at the same time. Deliberate large area interference? to be honest, I do not think that is an option. But strange if it is only on the 27Mhz part of the spectrum. I am pretty much out of the way here, only interference I hear is from my house! LOL!

Did you ever go to any of the local meets back in the AM days? I used to frequent the EBC at the Royalty Southgate, and the meet at Devonshire Hill Tottenham, and was on the committee at the Pymmes Park Inn in Edmonton. Do you remember the live TV slot, talking about the legislation of CB radio? They tried to hook up the Devonshire Hill meet with the TV studio. It failed, some say because of the distance. That maybe so, but the kilowatt linear transmitting from the van outside did not help! hahaha!

Oh man,  fun days!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
53 Prefect
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
53 Prefect

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 9:32 pm

Thats it South street, Where I got my first Midland 3001.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...    Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foundation done and 27 MHz pulse...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: