Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CT callsign please (Issued)
Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» EU conditions have started
Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 2:19 am by babis3g

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:58 pm by VanRougeT4

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

» 11m conditions
Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 10:33 pm by babis3g

» Ten on 10m FM - event 20th April
Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 12:04 pm by SangueG

» END FED QUESTIONS ..
Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:00 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
antenna Baofeng meter list anytone display lincoln ALINCO 2022 call chart yaesu president 2023 supply Sirio 9900 callsign software Mobile sign ss9900 6900 frequency power Mckinley
QRZ Database

Introduction and call sign request (Issued)

Go down 
+2
Victor
Lowi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lowi
Lowi

Call Sign : 26-CT-4164
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : CRT Superstar 6900n .. wilson 1000 mag mount

Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 11:00 am

Howdy all

My name is Mike and I've returned to CB after 30 years.
I've recently purchased a CRT Superstar 6900n with an Astatic road devil mic and a wilson 1000 mag mount.
Due to living low down in a valley I will only be operating mobile.
I'm in the Saddleworth area which is around 10 miles out of Manchester City centre.
I would like to request a Charlie Tango call sign please.

73s
MikeIntroduction and call sign request (Issued) 20210610

Last edited by Lowi on Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 11:17 am

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Charlie Tango.

I've completed your profile for you to make sure there are no problems with admin issuing you a callsign.

Callsigns are usually issued most days so just keep an eye on this posting for when you receive yours.

Always great to hear of someone returning to CB and I hope you enjoy it all. Introduction and call sign request (Issued) 1f44d

All the best,
Victor

Lowi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Lowi
Lowi

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 11:24 am

Thank you Victor

I will keep an eye on the post throughout the day.

73s
Mike

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 11:35 am

No worries Mike, you're welcome buddy. Introduction and call sign request (Issued) 1f44d 

Our fabulous Mr. Gary Wilson issues callsigns and usually allocates them within 48 hours. (He's usually quicker than that too and does a fantastic job as an unpaid volunteer.)

You should get an email notification, (to the one you would have registered when you joined Charlie Tango), so no need to keep an eye on the forum, just keep an eye on your emails for when you receive your callsign.

All great stuff for free! Smile

Hope that helps.

73's
Victor

Lowi likes this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 7:10 pm

Hello and welcome, Mike.

Nice set-up you have there.👍

73s John.

Lowi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lowi
Lowi

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 7:12 pm

Thanks John

I've been out today getting a few reports and all seems well, furthest copy I got today was 40 miles but had quite a few good conversations.
73s
Mike

John123 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 8:51 pm

Hello Mike, welcome to the forum and back to the hobby.

I am delighted to allocate you 26-CT-4164 may you have good luck with it.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.

Lowi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Lowi
Lowi

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 8:57 pm

Thank you Gary
Much appreciated.. 73s
Mike

GaryWilson and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 9:12 pm

Lowi wrote:
Thanks John

I've been out today getting a few reports and all seems well, furthest copy I got today was 40 miles but had quite a few good conversations.
73s
Mike

Good stuff, Mike. Glad you are getting some good contacts.👍

Victor and Lowi like this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 10:02 pm

Hi Mike. Welcome. I think I just watched a CB video of yours on youtube, if it was you you seem to have set up your mobile station well Smile

Victor and Lowi like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Lowi
Lowi

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 10:06 pm

Hi SangueG
Yes I have just posted a YouTube video .. crikey I wasn't expecting anybody to watch it that quickly 🤣
It seems to be set up pretty well fingers crossed, just need to try and get an overseas now.
73s
Mike

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 6:05 am

We do have a section of the forum for people with YouTube channels or videos that may be of interest to other members.

It can be found here :-

Charlie Tango - Media - YouTube

You're more than free to post in there if you want to Mike.

Might help 'numpties' like me too, because unlike our Neal, (SangueG), who came across it, I couldn't find it even after a search! Very Happy

Lowi likes this post

Back to top Go down
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 7:57 am

Hi Mike, welcome to the CTDX group 
73s
Steve.

Lowi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lowi
Lowi

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 8:31 pm

Well I did say I was only being mobile .. It didn't end up that way 🤣
Introduction and call sign request (Issued) 20210611

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 6:22 am

Loving the 'any which way you can' antenna setup Mike! Smile  Introduction and call sign request (Issued) 1f44d 

I'm always pleased whenever I see anyone use whatever methods or options available to get themselves on air. 

There are always so called 'better options', whether that is coax recommendations, a certain type of antenna to use, how to mount it, etc. but I've always maintained that any antenna is better than no antenna. (Mine are all lengths of wire, bent bits of old copper pipe and even welding rods in the attic space!)

When radio conditions are 'ripe' and the propagation is 'up' people have made amazing contacts from the simplest of setups. (DV27 or Firestik on a biscuit tin springs to mind. Wink)

Just a 'heads up' Mike, you can always post this sort of stuff in either the Media section of the forum or even indeed the Antenna section. It would make coming across your ingenious method of sticking the antenna through the roof window much easier. (I was going to say Velux but other brands are available as the BBC would say Very Happy) It's easy to forget that once we 'publish' something on the internet others can find it useful even way down the line at a later date.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your picture. Loving it! 

I think that deserves a thumbs up from me and your first 'Thanks' vote.

All the best,
Victor

Lowi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lowi
Lowi

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 10:29 am

Hi Victor

It's only been there a day, I borrowed it off a friend and as it seems to be working well I've now ordered my own antron 99.
SWR is 1.3 so happy with that, when my antenna arrives I will post some pictures into antenna section on how I've set it up.
The great thing is it takes me less than a minute to set up or take down and not annoying any of my neighbours. (Yes I have neighbours that like to complain).

73s
Mike

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and call sign request (Issued)   Introduction and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction and call sign request (Issued)
Page 1 of 1