Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Winter 11m Challenge - from December 1st 2023 to 31st March 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» First homebase (Issued)
Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 4:24 am by Victor

» 10 Metre Summer Challenge 2024
Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 pm by John H

» Tank whip for homebase
Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:40 pm by Hendo

» Foundation licence passed!
Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:49 am by Al21

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:20 am by SangueG

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 am by SangueG

» Returning Member / Callsign Re-Issue (Returning Member)
Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 10:56 pm by John123

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 9:05 pm by Razz229

» Introduction to the group. (Issued)
Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 4:52 am by Victor

Keywords
antenna meter power callsign list 2022 president frequency software chart anytone call Baofeng lincoln 9900 sign Mckinley 6900 display Sirio yaesu Mobile supply 2023 ss9900 ALINCO
QRZ Database

Hello and Callsign request (Issued)

Go down 
+2
Victor
Ace
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace

Call Sign : 26-CT-4203 - G0ACE
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Reading, Berkshire
Equipment Used : Mustang CB81, Tristar747, Belcom LS102

Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: Hello and Callsign request (Issued)   Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2021 5:47 pm

Hi All,
Thanks for accepting me and good to be part of the famous Charlie Tango group, something I've been meant to join for yeas! I will be honoured to have a Charlie Tango callsign.  Hello and Callsign request (Issued) 1f600

My start in CB was in the pre legal days when the bug really bit, I even made USA my holiday destination so I could buy a CB, disassemble it and bring it back as electronics parts! A lovely Sharp 80 channel multimode.

My interest grew, taking the City & Guilds radio licence in 1983 but maintained my interest in CB and the many friends I had made through it. At that time, I became the staff photographer for the now defunct Amateur Radio magazine, which some older members may remember.

Career, business and family took over for the next 30 plus years and my ham licence lapsed, currently being re-applied for.

I know there have been a lot of "returners" to CB and amateur radio since Covid but that's coincidental for me. I always planned to return in semi retirement...and that's now.

I look forward to joining in the group and talking to some of you.

Best 73s,
Ace
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 349
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Callsign request (Issued)   Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2021 6:13 pm

Hi 'Ace',

Welcome to Charlie Tango.

Great introduction and sounds like you've got a lot of radio history there and yep, remember Amateur Radio magazine well. (Going back a few years but sure it stopped publication late 1990?)

Just a heads up for you :-

Your profile needs a first name as part of the requirements for callsign allocation.

The following is a link to the Charlie Tango forum rules as well :-

Charlie Tango forum rules

(You may want to change your profile picture. Wink)

Otherwise everything's great and good to have you aboard. Hello and Callsign request (Issued) 1f44d 

I've heard some of the 'Covid-Ham' and other sorts of statements made regarding people returning to the hobby......makes no sense whatsoever. Anything that boosts the hobby in my book is a good thing. (Finally did the Ham ticket myself during lockdown but only due to the fact it became available online and I'm disabled - they could of thought of those sort of solutions years ago!)

There's a lot of radio returners here and people that just didn't plain leave in the first place - all are more than welcoming to everyone wherever their radio interests lay.
A happy and helpful bunch to be found here at Charlie Tango. Hello and Callsign request (Issued) 1f44d 

All the best,
Victor

C.T. Admin.

Last edited by Victor on Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to remove some content at OP's request.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Paddy
CT Directors
CT Directors
Paddy

Call Sign : 26CT2727
Times Thanked : 54
QTH or Location : Stockport
Equipment Used : Icom 7300. Icom 705, Yaesu FTM400XD and a Yaesu FT70.

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Callsign request (Issued)   Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2021 10:40 am

Welcome to the Forum, Ace. I’ve only ever heard of one Ace before.

Ace likes this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 145
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Callsign request (Issued)   Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2021 11:44 am

Hello and welcome, Ace.

73s John.

Ace likes this post

Back to top Go down
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Callsign request (Issued)   Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 7:39 am

Hi Ace, welcome to the CTDX group 
73s
Steve.

Ace likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ace

Call Sign : 26-CT-4203 - G0ACE
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Reading, Berkshire
Equipment Used : Mustang CB81, Tristar747, Belcom LS102

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Callsign request (Issued)   Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 1:30 pm

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Very Happy
Unfortunately, the powers that be won't accept that Ace is my real name, despite my reassurances. So, no callsign for me.

Ironically, had I lied and said my name was John or Sue, that would have been fine...but this time my honesty hasn't paid off. Mad

StevieG likes this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 344
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Call sign request (Issued)   Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 9:46 pm

Hello Ace, welcome to the forum.

Firstly we really don't ask for a lot from our members to be allocated a call sign, at the top of this section of the forum in red it tells you the required information. Your name, QTH and country are mandatory. 

Let's be frank I very much doubt that "Ace" is the name that's on your legal documents so I wanted a little time to consider if this would be acceptable. 

You also had a PM exchange with Victor with regard to this issue and one of your photography business being included in your profile picture. We do not allow advertising or self promotion in any way on the forum and you focused very much on your name and brand association within your exchange again giving me reason to consider a little more carefully. We have in the past had people join the forum with the sole purpose of free advertising.

We run and operate the forum and DX group on the basis of honesty and trust our members to be just that. Yes I guess that if someone really wanted to lie about their name then they could but the name given is what will end up in our call sign directory a bit pointless as far as I'm concerned.

I hope that I've provided some clarity for you. 

I understand that "Ace" is your preferred name so I am delighted to allocate you 26-CT-4203 may you have the very best of luck with it.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.

John123, Paddy, StevieG and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Callsign request (Issued)   Hello and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello and Callsign request (Issued)
Page 1 of 1