Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Holiday in Anglesey
Just Memories  Icon_minitimeToday at 12:07 pm by Kaosss

» An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming
Just Memories  Icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by Victor

» Newbie but Oldie & Call Sign Request (Issued)
Just Memories  Icon_minitimeToday at 7:48 am by StevieG

» New member applying for call sign (Issued)
Just Memories  Icon_minitimeToday at 12:45 am by M7BFZ

»  PMR evolution? What do you all think?
Just Memories  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:14 pm by Wittgenstein

» CRT SS6900
Just Memories  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:09 pm by SangueG

» How many ham radio operators in each country?
Just Memories  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:14 pm by STARSHIP

» Activations
Just Memories  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:36 pm by BAREFOOT

» South Coast PMR net report
Just Memories  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:44 pm by Razz229

Keywords
list ss9900 bazooka lincoln ss6900n antenna sign Mckinley power supply SS6900 Calling display coax president Sirio callsign 6900 call 9900 ALINCO chart Mobile frequency radio midland
QRZ Database

Just Memories

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Model Maker
Model Maker

Call Sign : 26-CT-4242
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Southampton U.K.
Equipment Used : Nill at the moment.

Just Memories  Empty
PostSubject: Just Memories    Just Memories  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 8:50 am

While i am sat here having a quiet pint, i thought i would just say I took a long walk yesterday and found myself looking for antennas instead of just walking and enjoying the scenery.

I know every body says "Back in the Day blah-blah-blah" well i keep'd remembering when the sky was littered with antennas.
Well I only saw one. Two if you count seeing the same Antenna on the way back LOL!!
No wonder it is quiet in my area.

I suppose Skype, Zoom, and mobile phones have now taken over.

Maybe if there were not so many idiots on CB's back then it would be going strong today.

Well i suppose now i have finished my pint and my pension will not allow another i had better go.

Before i do.
Do you guys have any short stories to share ?

MM.   26-CT04242.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / M7TDV
Times Thanked : 16
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : SS6900N, Xiegu G90, DX-300 for SWL, all antennas home-made

Just Memories  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Memories    Just Memories  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2021 8:04 pm

Hey Martin, I do look around from time to time when out for walk for antennas. I don't see many locally. Two that I have done have been there for a very long time. One is a 1/2 wave silver rod on top of a small block of flats, I knew the owner back in the day, don't know if they are still around. That one's been up there 30 years and still looks pretty straight.

The other one is at an educational facility, it's a 5/8 with mini ground planes, but used for a radio paging service that uses 27MHz, not for CB. I know as I helped set it up almost as long ago as the 1/2 wave above. It didn't have that support half way up back in the day, so looks like someone has been trying to keep it going.

But anyways, short stories to share. I probably have loads, as will many others from back in the day. A short one which is just as funny now as it was back then, for me anyways, was to do with a friend's experience... We were both about 16 I would say, as none of were able to drive just yet. He spoke quite a bit with a lady in a village about 6 miles away. She came across like she was about 20ish years old, though none of us ever asked, and her saucy sounding handle kind of affirmed that image in our heads she was. She invited my friend over, and all excitedly he said yes, so we cycled there together.

In short when she opened the door she definitely wasn't 20 years old, and hadn't been for many many years.

Chickenfoot@1987 and Model Maker like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Model Maker
Model Maker

Call Sign : 26-CT-4242
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Southampton U.K.
Equipment Used : Nill at the moment.

Just Memories  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Memories    Just Memories  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2021 8:30 pm

Hi SangueG,

I can just picture your faces LOL!!

MM.   26-CT-4242.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Just Memories  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Memories    Just Memories  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Memories
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: The Black Pearl Inn-
Jump to: