Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CT callsign please (Issued)
QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» EU conditions have started
QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeToday at 2:19 am by babis3g

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:58 pm by VanRougeT4

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

» 11m conditions
QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 10:33 pm by babis3g

» Ten on 10m FM - event 20th April
QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 12:04 pm by SangueG

» END FED QUESTIONS ..
QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:00 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
6900 frequency Sirio sign 2022 display software chart power call anytone meter Baofeng ALINCO Mobile Mckinley antenna 2023 yaesu lincoln 9900 callsign president ss9900 supply list
QRZ Database

QSK…Hello…QSK?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

QSK…Hello…QSK? Empty
PostSubject: QSK…Hello…QSK?   QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 12:40 am

Hello everyone and hope your all well,Putting up the tree,stocking the cupboards with far too much chocolate and wondering why the lights are not working this year.
To say the conditions this week have been trying would be an understatement,As I’ve only had 3 QSO’s since last Saturday.A 1AT activation Saturday,13 division Monday and a 21 division yesterday.Apart from that nothing else whatsoever and not for trying either.
So how has everyone else faired on the DX front? and hopefully an improvement is on its way soon.Just in time as I stand slightly crossed eyed with glass of brandy in hand trying to explain what Single Side Band is to nearest and dearest.Take care everyone and let’s have a good Christmas this year before Ebeneezer changes his tune,So raise a glass and light a candle to those loved and lost and let’s make this one the best yet.
Oh yeah and the 25th is also my birthday so I have an excuse to sing on the T5…lol
Cheers Tom.
26CT4029
Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

QSK…Hello…QSK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: QSK…Hello…QSK?   QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 7:09 am

I guess a lot of people are prepping for Christmas or other celebrations they partake in this time of year, which will be part of the reason the airwaves are a bit quieter. But, into my location anyways, the general propagation has not seemed so strong just lately. Even Mr "calling D *pause* X" from Barcelona who frequents 20m has been lower in signal level this past week.

Hope you enjoy your special day Tom. You actually share the same name and b'day as my eldest son. How strange a coincidence is that Very Happy Do you get double sized presents... dropped any hints to those closest to you that a brand new unlocked IC-7300 would fill your stocking just nicely? Laughing

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

QSK…Hello…QSK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: QSK…Hello…QSK?   QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 7:31 am

Hi Tom,

Well done with your continued DX activities even whilst conditions are a little lacklustre. We should hopefully get a nice bit of midwinter Sporadic E anytime soon during the Christmas period so that'll be a Birthday treat for you!! Smile

I have a granddaughter celebrating her first Birthday during Christmas also and that little tyke has pulled through an emergency caesarian, a Covid infection and a pretty rough first year of her life. Even more reasons to be extra cheerful during the Christmas celebrations no matter what it brings us.

I'll raise a glass of brandy to you and your family also Tom. Here's to all, to friends, loved ones and those we've sorely lost.

Plus a prayer to the Radio Gods - "Please let me break through the extra S6 of noise my neighbours Christmas lights have brought me. My sacred offering to you of a Common Mode Choke has rewarded me a little respite but I just ask for a little more." Wink Very Happy

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

QSK…Hello…QSK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: QSK…Hello…QSK?   QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 8:01 am

Hi Tom, first off season's greetings to you and yours, hoping to speak to you before your birthday mate.
I know how active you are on the bands as I hear you everyday 😁, stick with I fella cycle 25 should start kicking in soon.
73 mate
Back to top Go down

QSK…Hello…QSK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: QSK…Hello…QSK?   QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 11:28 am

StevieG wrote:
Hi Tom, first off season's greetings to you and yours, hoping to speak to you before your birthday mate.
I know how active you are on the bands as I hear you everyday 😁, stick with I fella cycle 25 should start kicking in soon.
73 mate
Cheers Steve and there was me thinking I was talking to myself all the time.😆
Speak to you fella and the snow will only be falling on S.E London…
Back to top Go down

QSK…Hello…QSK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: QSK…Hello…QSK?   QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 11:38 am

Thank you Victor, It’s always a pleasure mate and thanks again for the advice that you offer everyone on the Charlie Tango forum as it’s worth it’s wait in gold.
I hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas and New Year and a special Granddaughter’s first birthday as that’s a celebration on it’s own .
I’m looking forward to the Christmas festivities QRM and touch wood I haven’t suffered much more so far,I’m used to the S7 noise on channels 12,13 and 14 on the mid block frequencies so no change really.lol
Thank again Victor and cheers.
Tom 26CT4029
Back to top Go down

QSK…Hello…QSK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: QSK…Hello…QSK?   QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:42 pm

SangueG wrote:
I guess a lot of people are prepping for Christmas or other celebrations they partake in this time of year, which will be part of the reason the airwaves are a bit quieter. But, into my location anyways, the general propagation has not seemed so strong just lately. Even Mr "calling D *pause* X" from Barcelona who frequents 20m has been lower in signal level this past week.

Hope you enjoy your special day Tom. You actually share the same name and b'day as my eldest son. How strange a coincidence is that Very Happy Do you get double sized presents... dropped any hints to those closest to you that a brand new unlocked IC-7300 would fill your stocking just nicely? Laughing
Thanks SangueG,wishing you a Merry Christmas and happy new year as well,Hasn’t the year flown by so fast.Propagation seems short and sweet and not a hint of inter G to be heard either,But as long as I speak to one other station almost daily I’m a happy bunny.
I’ve definitely dropped a few hints this year from about April onwards and that IC-7300 would be fantastic but I’m not holding my breath.But if not I’ll spoil myself,Between you and me SangueG I’m actually studying for my foundation..Sssshhhhh
All the best and don’t eat too many mince pies.
Tom 26CT4029
Back to top Go down
Cozzmik
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
Cozzmik

Call Sign : 26-CT-465/OP-465/FB-012
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : Kenwood ts570dg/Yaesu ft450d/Rm-kl400/Sirio 4000

QSK…Hello…QSK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: QSK…Hello…QSK?   QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 7:46 am

Very quiet for me but that is due to the fact I haven't been out into the shack for a couple of weeks....I often fall out of radio love at this time of year and as my HF radios are tucked indoors for the winter (I do still have a couple of export rigs to use) i can't be bothered to open up and heat the shack unless I am doing some work in there.
It usually passes in the new year and I will again be about shouting Cq Cq........Merry Xmas all 73....

kilomike and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

QSK…Hello…QSK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: QSK…Hello…QSK?   QSK…Hello…QSK? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QSK…Hello…QSK?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: The DX Lounge :: 11m / 27mhz SSB DX Discussion-
Jump to: