Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
Keywords
president power SS6900 bazooka ss6900n midland Sirio frequency 6900 ALINCO antenna yaesu lincoln list radio 9900 callsign anytone call coax display Calling Mckinley sign ss9900 Mobile
QRZ Database

PSR 282 GRE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnbolt61

Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Middlesbrough
Equipment Used : Cobra148, cobra 19x, radio shack handheld

PSR 282 GRE Empty
PostSubject: PSR 282 GRE   PSR 282 GRE Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 1:59 pm

I own a GRE PSR 282 200 channel hand held scanner with a small rubber areal. Havnt used it for years until a couple of weeks ago. All I can find on it is a couple of local breakers and now and again whilst scanning I find something on the air band. Seems like nothing happening on it. I have a realistic home base. I used to be able to get all sorts on it, even mobile phones. That seems dead now. Are Baofeng good. I can get one for just over £20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wireless
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Wireless

Call Sign : 26-CT-4345 / M5WJF
Times Thanked : 10
QTH or Location : Shrewsbury IO82OQ
Equipment Used : Albrecht AE-5890EU / Yaesu FT-847 + SGC-235/Dipole + V2000 + 4m Folded Dipole, Yaesu FT-100D + ATAS-120A, HF Transceiver? + Butternut HF-9V, Yaesu FT-8800R + 2/70 Whip, then Yaesu FT-90 / FT-727 and other stuff

PSR 282 GRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSR 282 GRE   PSR 282 GRE Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 3:35 pm

The bigger the antenna/aerial you attach to any radio the more it will hear/pick up.

Get a ground mounted 5/8 CB Base Antenna, and use coax to connect to your 282, you'll hear vastly more signals than those heard on the rubber aerial.

Once you can hear what's about you can decide on the next plan.

Not sure whether the 282 can receive SSB.

If you have an old PC or laptop you could pick up an old Icom PCR-100 or PCR-1000 and string out a long wire and see what's about.

Best see what's about before investing any real money.

glenn dog and Johnbolt61 like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PSR 282 GRE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Scanner Discussion-
Jump to: