Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 11m conditions
More ALiens Icon_minitimeToday at 6:08 am by SangueG

» EU conditions have started
More ALiens Icon_minitimeToday at 6:04 am by SangueG

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
More ALiens Icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by SangueG

» CT callsign please (Issued)
More ALiens Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
More ALiens Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
More ALiens Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
More ALiens Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

» Ten on 10m FM - event 20th April
More ALiens Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 12:04 pm by SangueG

» END FED QUESTIONS ..
More ALiens Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:00 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
display 2023 meter software lincoln Sirio anytone Mobile frequency yaesu Baofeng list Mckinley ss9900 president antenna chart supply 6900 9900 2022 sign power callsign call ALINCO
QRZ Database

More ALiens

Go down 
+3
SangueG
Victor
NoMad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NoMad
Contributor
Contributor
NoMad

Call Sign : 26-CT-4253
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Equipment Used : CRT SS6900N, RTL-SDR Blog V3, Baofeng UV5R-3.

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 11:51 am

Well, you might recall I posted some rather strange humming noises from the ALiens probing Earth , sorry  I mean un-identified QRM,  well It returned earlier this week, but this time it wasn't just me who heard it.   It seemed to sweep across Cambridge and surrounds and wiped out the mids on many channels giving all of us 7-30+ !. Now, Im central Cambs, and others I talk with are in outer villages at least 10 mils and more away, and they heard it too.   The same ranging low tones, like you'd expect when you stand in front of a microwave beam with that low deep hum.

No one knows what caused it.

I wondered if Marshalls Aerospace was testing their newly located Radar, or is there something more sinister going on ? But really?  The bird scarer got stuck on full power, but must be some gigawatts!

Todays news shows a Square in the clouds in Linconshire yesterday, and Starlings suddenly dropping out of the sky Dead after what was described as an Electrical Bang [not lightening] in Pembrookshire. 

Sure its not any solar flares , or a secret satellite weapon [ Remember that carpark in Liverpool with a hole burned right through the middle of it, as if it was burned by a lazer from above  [well the media did quickly cover that up]] causing this, and I wouldn't want to sound like a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist either.

I enjoy the 'magic' of radio, but this one seems to have no answer.

73's.
Back to top Go down
NoMad
Contributor
Contributor
NoMad

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 9:54 pm

Wow, all these Radio Buffs here, and no-one knows !  !
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 7:55 am

Hi Andy,

I'm not quite sure what it is you are asking members of the forum?

If it's a 'radio buff' question to the noises you received on your CB then there are several possibilities especially when you consider how busy the electromagnetic spectrum is nowadays including unwanted or spurious RF signals. You only have to take into consideration the method of RF mixing for intermediate frequency, (IF), processing that the signals/interference you received could be on a completely different frequency from that indicated on your display. There's also the possibility of mains-borne interference which would affect everyone on the same power grid so doesn't necessarily have to be RF based. Possible further investigation may provide better answers but is usually difficult with random events.

The 'square cloud' would be easily explained usually by meteorologists as a broken con-trail.

An ornithologist could also easily explain bird strike examples the commonest we experience is when they hit a window usually taking us by surprise. Most other examples are usually heard about from third parties rather than first hand.

I really can't help you with 'burned holes' in car parks but sure there's a reasonable explanation there too.

Maybe that's not what you wanted to hear, but it's the most practical answers I can supply especially on a forum that centres around radio interests. (Although on many occasions subject material may stray. Wink )

All the best,
Victor

NoMad likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 8:16 am

I listened to the sound you posted previously. I don't know what it is. I did try searching HF sounds on the net and various data mode sounds that I have never done anything with, and didn't find anything that sounded like it.

Maybe the sound is aliens Laughing I'm not an alien and UFU kook, but there's a bit of me that hopes there is something out there and that we're not alone in the universe. Am also a realist and like facts. Whilst I like to sometimes watch alien theorist TV programs, like those on Blaze TV on a Thurs night, the BS that is spouted, even by "ex-government officials" who are supposedly in the know (e.g. Nick Pope) does make me just laugh or turn them off. Living not a million miles from a facility labelled as a "secret UFO research centre" by one of their programs, and having explored said underground passages extensively, all I can report is that some people like named person above have vivid imaginations.

Victor has presented some good possible answers for you. If there are further or more regular occurrences of the sound let us know, I'll have a tune in here to see if it is a bit more widespread than your locality.

NoMad likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
NoMad
Contributor
Contributor
NoMad

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 12:06 pm

I just thought as there are members here who have been using radios for many years, that someone might have come across the same , or similar sounds before. 

The first time I heard it, I thought it must be local to my 20, but to cover the who Cambridgeshire County and even into the Hertforshire boarder as reported by others at the same time was bizarre and unexplainable by any in my group, and elliminates most suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Contributor
Contributor
Mitch

Call Sign : M1TCH
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Leicester
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-857D, Diamond V2000, Major 3000, President Jackson Mk1, Lafayette AFS-1005, K40 mic, KL203, B550P and Sirio GPE 27 ⅝λ.

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 1:54 pm

Perhaps it was a test of a new space based secret super weapon, you never know what they're up to these days.

NoMad likes this post

Back to top Go down

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 3:25 pm

What I would do is to perform a TDOA analysis using a group of local KiwiSDR's see https://m0taz.co.uk/2021/10/using-tdoa-on-the-kiwi-sdr/ . There are quite a few around your area. This would give you a triangulated location. 

Also, if you could record or at least take a screenshot of the spectrum/waterfall from one of the KiwiSDR's and perhaps ask on https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php they may have a better idea. 

I have a signal local to me on  ~144Hz (yes, Hz, VLF) and it just annoys me because I can't figure out what it is - no other reason - it may be related to some form of vehicle tracking but I've never narrowed it down.

For answers to your questions on conspiracy theories, aliens, geometric holes in clouds and plagues falling from the sky then you should visit https://forum.davidicke.com/ where you will get all manner of explanations from the kooks that inhabit that realm.
Back to top Go down
NoMad
Contributor
Contributor
NoMad

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 10:37 am

TrunkY wrote:
What I would do is to perform a TDOA analysis using a group of local KiwiSDR's see https://m0taz.co.uk/2021/10/using-tdoa-on-the-kiwi-sdr/ . There are quite a few around your area. This would give you a triangulated location. 

Also, if you could record or at least take a screenshot of the spectrum/waterfall from one of the KiwiSDR's and perhaps ask on https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php they may have a better idea. 

I have a signal local to me on  ~144Hz (yes, Hz, VLF) and it just annoys me because I can't figure out what it is - no other reason - it may be related to some form of vehicle tracking but I've never narrowed it down.

For answers to your questions on conspiracy theories, aliens, geometric holes in clouds and plagues falling from the sky then you should visit https://forum.davidicke.com/ where you will get all manner of explanations from the kooks that inhabit that realm.
 Thanks for your reply Trunky. 
 I didn't know about Kiwi sdr.

Perhaps next time I hear the noise, I'll wip out the aerial and fire up my sdr and grap a waterfall capture.   I didnt that time as I was actually making my First Out of uk dx to Mike in South Carolina on ssb standard output power ! 

I used the wiki identified sounds and Ive spent a lot of time with that prior to ever hearing the sounds, when I got started with my own sdr.

As an 'independant' thinker, I shall keep some salt nearby whilst looking at David Icke's site, in case I need a pinch.

Power to the People and none for the sheeple.
Back to top Go down
Adrian587

Call Sign : 26-CT-4318
QTH or Location : Daventry Northampton
Equipment Used : Galaxy Pluto, Anytone 878

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 11:46 pm

https://youtu.be/XjQcEP_Y72o

NoMad likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2022 6:47 am

They are amongst us lol.
Back to top Go down
NoMad
Contributor
Contributor
NoMad

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2022 2:39 pm

This is weird.      
A bit like the recent Havana Syndrome. 
 Strange things Are happening on planet Earth, but who is responsible ?
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2022 2:42 pm

Donald Trump.
He has nothing better to do and could afford his ow spaceship lol.
Back to top Go down
NoMad
Contributor
Contributor
NoMad

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 11:06 am

and Todays [28 Feb] news we have the Holmfield Hum.  Ok, these are physically heard not broadcast over airwaves, that we know of, Or is there actually a link with the two.   more 5g anyone ?
Back to top Go down
Wireless
Major contributor
Major contributor

Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Shrewsbury
Equipment Used : kit

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 1:06 pm

Last edited by Wireless on Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoMad
Contributor
Contributor
NoMad

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 1:13 pm

Wireless wrote:
If it's on radio you should make a recording, then we'd know exactly what it is you heard.

Is it regular, say every 15 minutes or infrequent?
What like this  ::::   https://app.box.com/s/yrnw3m4c844elqneq8c2r0j9xy870dil
Back to top Go down
Wireless
Major contributor
Major contributor

Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Shrewsbury
Equipment Used : kit

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 2:52 pm

Last edited by Wireless on Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoMad
Contributor
Contributor
NoMad

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 3:59 pm

Wireless wrote:
NoMad wrote:
Wireless wrote:
If it's on radio you should make a recording, then we'd know exactly what it is you heard.

Is it regular, say every 15 minutes or infrequent?
What like this  ::::   https://app.box.com/s/yrnw3m4c844elqneq8c2r0j9xy870dil

Sorry mate I don't have an account with box.
You dont need one, just click the download button.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More ALiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: More ALiens   More ALiens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More ALiens
Page 1 of 1