Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» First dx in 40 plus years
Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeToday at 9:28 pm by John123

» Antenna Required.
Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeToday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

Keywords
antenna ss9900 6900 frequency meter Mobile power supply chart president list sign anytone display yaesu Baofeng lincoln 9900 2022 callsign Sirio software ALINCO call Mckinley 2023
QRZ Database

Travelling Europe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The gas man

Call Sign : 26-CT-4443
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Macclesfield
Equipment Used : Crt ss9900

Travelling Europe  Empty
PostSubject: Travelling Europe    Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2022 5:10 pm

Hi All.

I have just come back into the shack so to speak and have an adventure starting the end of the month with a drive through a few places in Europe ending up in Zante I thought I would get back into it  and see if  I can pick up some contacts on the way fingers crossed

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Travelling Europe  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travelling Europe    Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2022 5:38 am

Hi Wayne,

Sounds like a plan, if you're going on some travels why not take a radio along and make it a radio travel too. Travelling Europe  1f44d 

I wish you the very best with it and hope you get some great contacts along the way.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
The gas man

Travelling Europe  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travelling Europe    Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2022 7:04 am

Hi Victor.

Yes I can't wait to see how many contacts I make
Back to top Go down
The gas man

Travelling Europe  Empty
PostSubject: Travelling Europe    Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2022 10:11 pm

I'm on a road trip end of the month around Europe and ending up in Zante for a few weeks before return home. I can't wait to see who I'm able to contact. Hopefully chat with a good few on here

Last edited by Victor on Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Admin merged postings)
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Travelling Europe  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travelling Europe    Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2022 5:40 am

Hi Wayne,

I'd noticed that you had repeated your posting about your European trip on the forum and merged them together here. This is just to ensure the forum rules are complied with as regards 'cross-posting' but also to prevent any confusion with possible replies.

As I said before I hope you have a great trip with some radio fun but also be aware of any legalities in the countries you will be visiting. We forget that we're lucky here in having our old UK FM CB frequencies as well as the EU CB frequencies with their added AM/SSB privileges but this isn't a reciprocal agreement so technically they'd be illegal for use in Europe.

Yes, I know many 'illegal' frequencies such as 'free-banding' are in common usage around the world but always best to be in the know and you're bound to find many European operators will be on their main frequencies so better chances of contacts to be made. Travelling Europe  1f44d 

Might also be worth checking on local laws with regards hand-held microphone use as although we have a technical 'loophole' here in the UK that may not be so in European countries. Getting a ticket here is one thing but having to pay on the spot fines in Europe with a gun toting officer of the law is quite another! Wink

Again, have fun and enjoy your radio with all the best luck for your trip.

Might be worth keeping a log of contacts made as you travel if not just for your own pleasure but maybe also to share back here on the forum. Would be of great interest I'm sure to some of the CB operations around Europe and especially if you contact any of the Charlie Tango members on the continent. 

All the best,
Victor

The gas man likes this post

Back to top Go down
The gas man

Travelling Europe  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travelling Europe    Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2022 8:22 am

Hi Victor.

Thank you very much for your advice, the more knowledge I gain regarding what to do etc is certainly very helpful.
I am hoping to get on the radio tonight, home based to start my learning curve back into it.

Thank you
Wayne

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Travelling Europe  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travelling Europe    Travelling Europe  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2022 9:21 am

No worries there Wayne, just trying my best as always to offer help where I can. Travelling Europe  1f44d 

I wish you well with it all.

Regards,
Victor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Travelling Europe  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travelling Europe    Travelling Europe  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Travelling Europe
Page 1 of 1