Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» what radio do you wish you never sold
Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:04 pm by tspirawk@gmail.com

» First dx in 40 plus years
Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:01 pm by Nightprowler

» Antenna Required.
Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

Keywords
list 6900 2022 power frequency anytone yaesu Mckinley lincoln ALINCO ss9900 president antenna Mobile chart software 2023 supply Baofeng call Sirio display callsign sign 9900 meter
QRZ Database

Hull and the East riding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
English Badger

Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Kingston Upon Hull
Equipment Used : Thunder pole T800

Hull and the East riding Empty
PostSubject: Hull and the East riding   Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 11:54 pm

Hello, I'm new and to be fair if you count my limited use through the early 90's I'm new to C.B. radio too I was just wondering if any body on here has any experience with Hull and the East Riding, from what i can see on the topographic maps we're in a bowl with elevations barely getting over 30m above sea level that being said there are one or two spots just outside of the west of Hull that are 150m/170m that would only take me 15/20 mins to get to.... obviously i understand with my t800 and orbiter mag mount id be better off at the higher altitude but does anybody else have a mobile setup in Hull or East Yorkshire? and could anybody help with pointing out any good spots for reception that i could get out to?

Victor and Al21 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Hull and the East riding   Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 6:50 am

Hi Gareth,

Here's hoping that there's someone on the forum that is from, or knows your neck of the woods and can help you out.

Otherwise you could scout out the locations of interest you've found on topographic maps to see of there's any sweet parking spots. It's a lot easier nowadays too with the likes of Google Earth, online maps etc. to the point of checking locations out without moving a muscle.

Height will definitely help you with 'local' copies and it's a lot easier to drive up a big hill taking your antenna with you than trying to raise it to a similar height from your home QTH. (Can you imagine how many scaffold poles you'd need! Very Happy )

Don't forget we're coming up to the summer 'skip' or Sporadic E season where greater distances of transmissions and reception can be had, (DX). It doesn't have to be all Sideband radio stuff either and I had some great contacts into Germany and Austria a couple of summers ago on mid-block or Euro frequencies on FM. (Yes, FM!)

In which case you might find a better location by going lower to sea level. (What's he on about?!?!) You're not far from the North Sea coastline which surprisingly to some can help with radio transmissions and as you can imagine there's nothing but sea between you and continental Europe from up there. If on air activity is up you could get some great DX on a summers afternoon and right through to the 'greyline' activity as the sun sets. (This can be done at dawn too but not many fancy getting up that early. Wink )

Anyway, food for thought.

I wish you all the best with it.

Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Al21
Contributor
Contributor
Al21

Call Sign : 26CT4617, 26TD133 & M7FPX
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Malton, North Yorkshire
Equipment Used : PMR 446 handset, President McKinley

PostSubject: Re: Hull and the East riding   Hull and the East riding Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 6:32 pm

Now then fella. Did you ever manage to make any contacts? I'm on the border of North and East Yorkshire, so not so far from you. I'm new to all this too and am interested to hear how you've been getting on.

Al
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hull and the East riding   Hull and the East riding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hull and the East riding
Page 1 of 1