Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antenna Required.
CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeToday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» First dx in 40 plus years
CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeToday at 3:36 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

Keywords
software ss9900 call 2023 Baofeng 9900 president frequency Mckinley yaesu list anytone sign lincoln Sirio callsign power chart ALINCO display 6900 2022 Mobile meter supply antenna
QRZ Database

CB shops in Middlesbrough

Go down 
+3
Alan Pilot
Victor
Johnbolt61
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnbolt61

Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Middlesbrough
Equipment Used : Cobra148, cobra 19x, radio shack handheld

CB shops in Middlesbrough  Empty
PostSubject: CB shops in Middlesbrough    CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2022 7:21 pm

CB shops these days are so hard to find these days. I am looking for a mag mount and have searched everywhere where I live. There used to be loads of cb shops and loads of breakers but now there’s nothing

glenn dog and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: CB shops in Middlesbrough    CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2022 6:27 am

Hi Berni,

I've got the sounds of Bob Dylan's "The times, they are a changing" rattling around my head. Wink

Joking aside, back in the CB heyday there were certainly more 'breakers' and obviously shops could make an income from such interests. But just like how the corner shop, local cafe, butcher, baker, etc. have all disappeared so did the CB shops we used to love, visit and hang out at.

There's certainly shops around that deal with radio equipment and you're more likely to find outlets that cover all aspects of radio including Ham radio, PMR, CB etc. Just like in my own area they're bound to be the next county over and require a bit of a drive to get to them. Otherwise you'll have to do the old 'mail order' which can be a pain buying blindly from famous auction sites but most radio outlets have online ordering facilities and more importantly you can contact many for basic advice.

A mag mount should be an easy thing to order but contacting someone on air may be a bit more harder depending on the number of radio users in your area. (You might have to drive atop a big hill and see how far you get out. Smile )

All the best,
Victor

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: CB shops in Middlesbrough    CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2022 7:39 am

As Victor said it's not the same now as it was.
I used to spend 3 or 4 nights a week at our local dealer he opened till 10pm i think it was.
Used to do the repairs but even if there was nothing to collect from him i still hung out there.
Online it is for me and many others but the likes of Knights you can phone for advice and many do quick delivery.
Lay Lady Lay is one that brings back some fond memories for me Victor.
Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: CB shops in Middlesbrough    CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2022 8:48 am

Used to visit a ham and CB store in Carterton many years ago, but they are long gone. Was bit of a posh place that though.. the owner told me off once for bringing mud in on to his carpet (yes the shop was carpeted). My fav store back then was in Stonehouse, there it was just a side line to their main beer pump refurbishing business, but they crammed so many goodies in the CB section that would have you drooling for hours.. and I did spend many hours there. Long gone too.

I can second Knights as a great online place to buy from. They ship out quick too for those who are impatient.

Alan, remember buying Lay Lady Lay on 45 vinyl from Woolies for 25p, late '70s purchase for me. One of a few clearance purchases. Played that one a lot.
Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: CB shops in Middlesbrough    CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2022 10:13 am

71 or 72 when i got it.
August bank holiday weekend.
Remember it well never got out of bed and left the arm over so it kept playing over and over lol.
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

PostSubject: Re: CB shops in Middlesbrough    CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2022 11:04 am

There is a small guitar/music and CB shop fairly local to me.
Unfortunately he doesn't sell sideband rigs so I used knights mail order.
Otherwise I would of been happy to support a local.
I only spoke to him on the phone as he was closed when I called.
So I may call again and purchase some guitar strings and have a chat with him as he seemed a nice bloke .
It will be interesting to find out how many CB radios he sells and I also liked the look of the tiny midland in the window Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NimrodMR2
NimrodMR2

Call Sign : CT3062 Nimrod. M7ALQ
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Newcastle upon Tyne and on the surrounding big, big hills
Equipment Used : 6900n x2, NATO 2000, AE 2990 handheld Baofeng 446 SW radio & Scanner's and more with an Antron 99 @ 30+ft at home but on a 40 ft telescopic or a Thunderbolt + roach pole on the hills Kenwood TS570d Yaesu 450 JRC-NRD 345 Receiver Leixen 898s 40 metre end fed wire and vertical HF 360 @ 30ft Diamond X50 @ 30ft Ray Jeff 660 ADF

PostSubject: Re: CB shops in Middlesbrough    CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2022 11:24 pm

Johnbolt61 wrote:
CB shops these days are so hard to find these days. I am looking for a mag mount and have searched everywhere where I live. There used to be loads of cb shops and loads of breakers but now there’s nothing
https://www.facebook.com/Canny-Components-813600262173003 Davey and Amanda have a shop in Sunniside Gateshead. They also do mail orders. Give them a call to see what they can do. There's also http://www.gbcommunications.co.uk/ at Shildon

Sharpshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: CB shops in Middlesbrough    CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 11:33 am

I have only 1 CB and Ham store in Finland, do a good fast 24hr post for 8€ for most items, they are located in mid Finland, Tampere RXTX TUOTE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CB shops in Middlesbrough    CB shops in Middlesbrough  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CB shops in Middlesbrough
Page 1 of 1