Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» what radio do you wish you never sold
Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:04 pm by tspirawk@gmail.com

» First dx in 40 plus years
Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:01 pm by Nightprowler

» Antenna Required.
Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

Keywords
list ALINCO power callsign supply 2022 sign yaesu meter antenna frequency display software lincoln call Mobile 2023 president chart 9900 Sirio 6900 anytone Mckinley Baofeng ss9900
QRZ Database

Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smileymiley
smileymiley

Call Sign : 26-CT-4526
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Rayleigh. Essex
Equipment Used : President Mckinley Export Mod / Thunderpole 5

Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc????   Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 9:24 pm

Good Evening everyone.
A question about this American company.... Has anyone had good experiences (or bad🥴)???
I'm experiencing severe SRF noise on most channels. I'm talking 5+ even 6+ on a bad day. Now being me as a complete novice accepts fully that I'm not alone in the holy grail quest for low SRF,but Palomar's website seems to me a mere novice common sense and to the untrained eye namely mine could and I repeat could offer solutions to this pesky noise that plagues a lot of radio enthusiasts. I'm guessing,and it is a guess that my noise is coming from the coax as if I unplug the antenna lead from the radio, there is blissful quiet 
Your input (no pun intended) would as always be most welcome.
Thanks in advance ..
TBH...I don't know my ferrite ring from my common mode chokes, so go easy here please.... nothing too technical.
Regards
smileymiley.🙂
Back to top Go down
Ivy Mike
Major contributor
Major contributor
Ivy Mike

Call Sign : 26CT4113/G1HWY
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : IO90uv
Equipment Used : ICOM radios/antenna farm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc????   Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2022 2:58 pm

You do not need to go to Palomar to get ferrites as they are available here in the UK.

Qubits on Ebay has a good selection as a rule and RS normally do a good selection of
clip on 43 material Fairite.
Or if you want ready made, try Ham Goodies on the net, they do choke/line isolators.

You can easily make common mode chokes with Fairite 2.4inch 43 or 31 mix rings and
some coax like RG58, 8 to 12 turns should do it.

A good idea is to put ferrites on any mains psu's especially all those so called wall warts
that power most electronics these days.

Victor and smileymiley like this post

Back to top Go down
RadioWavez

Call Sign : 2-CT-210
Times Thanked : 7
QTH or Location : Lexington, Kentucky
Equipment Used : Alinco DX-SR8

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc????   Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 2:11 pm

Palomar is a well established company with good products and service. I've used the split beads on outdoor coax and the toroid rings for various inside equipment. Good at reducing stray noises.
Back to top Go down
smileymiley
smileymiley

Call Sign : 26-CT-4526
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Rayleigh. Essex
Equipment Used : President Mckinley Export Mod / Thunderpole 5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc????   Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 2:37 pm

RadioWavez wrote:
Palomar is a well established company with good products and service. I've used the split beads on outdoor coax and the toroid rings for various inside equipment. Good at reducing stray noises.
Yes... That's exactly what I'm trying to do. .I know it'll be a uphill struggle though . I liked the look of their products especially the jumper ferrite rings all together with a pl259 on either side....I'm so crap at soldering pl259's and they come pre made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc????   Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever used Palomar Engineers, Inc????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Multimode, Export and Sideband Radio-
Jump to: