Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antenna Advice.....?
dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» First dx in 40 plus years
dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 pm by John123

» 10m dxcc ......
dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:40 am by peewee norfolk

» Multimode mobile antenna
dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

» Back Again (Returning Member)
dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2024 8:34 pm by John123

Keywords
6900 president 2022 ALINCO yaesu power chart lincoln ss9900 Sirio Baofeng antenna supply software frequency 2023 list call anytone display 9900 sign meter Mobile Mckinley callsign
QRZ Database

dawia psu ps 120m

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

dawia psu ps 120m  Empty
PostSubject: dawia psu ps 120m    dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2022 8:39 pm

hi ihave fitted 2 new 2n3055h voltage regulators and up and running psu i looked up youtube and there recomend fitting overvoltage a tvs diode but unsure of the type needed i am coughing a lot the covid but still doing radio 73s paul m0kbd/sarah m6pii  bounce

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

dawia psu ps 120m  Empty
PostSubject: Re: dawia psu ps 120m    dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 7:40 am

Hi Paul,

I see you're still plugging away with that power supply. Wink

A 'TVS' diode is a "Transient Voltage Suppression" diode and they come in a variety of current and voltage ratings. 

When used to protect a typical Ham radio setup a 15 Volt, 1500 Watt is usually utilised and a quick search turns up these :-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/20-Pieces-1-5KE15CA-DO-201AD-Bidirectional/dp/B079KHNJHZ

They're often assisted by a 'crowbar protection circuit', (thyristor/zener over voltage circuit), such as used here :-

https://www.radio-workshop.co.uk/g4nsj-power-supplies-13-8-volt/

A search on the old internet will provide a plethora of similar circuitry but it's helpful to know what to type in that old search box first.

The only problem I can envisage is that your power supply from what I've gathered from you is a variable voltage type. In which case adding this additional circuitry will mean that you won't be able to adjust above 15 volts. (That might be a good thing depending on what you wanted from the power supply.) You could always switch it out depending on your use.

As ever these type of circuits aren't 100% guaranteed to protect your expensive radio but certainly better than just using a simple fuse.

I wish you well with it Paul as I know you like tinkering with this sort of stuff.

Also I hope that both you and Sarah are recovering well from your Covid bout, there certainly seems to be a lot of it going around.

Take care and all the best,
Victor

rabbi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

dawia psu ps 120m  Empty
PostSubject: Re: dawia psu ps 120m    dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 5:45 pm

hi the daiwa 120m psu is now fixed with over voltage protection tws 15.3 volt i enjoy sorting out faults before my retirement  i was a technician at college thanks for looking paul m0kbd 73s

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dawia psu ps 120m  Empty
PostSubject: Re: dawia psu ps 120m    dawia psu ps 120m  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dawia psu ps 120m
Page 1 of 1