Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign
 
HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board





Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» SS9900 V4 Frequency
Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeToday at 7:40 am by 13oots2

» CRT SS6900N V7 - Reprogramming software - Error
Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeToday at 5:39 am by 13oots2

» Newbie call sign Application (Issued)
Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:40 pm by Leigh Rogers

» 11m Challenge Scores Only
Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:57 pm by Sydthecat

» 11m winter challenge
Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:34 pm by Kaosss

» Sorry to be a pain!
Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:08 pm by Baldrik

» Foundation Exam - PASSED!!!
Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:44 pm by Mick Lake

» Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question
Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:57 am by Alan Pilot

» Sirio 2016
Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:52 am by Alan Pilot

Keywords
division chart radio 9900 anytone call frequency lincoln Calling sign SS6900 Baofeng list Mobile ss9900 ALINCO yaesu display president power antenna Sirio 6900 Mckinley 2022 callsign
QRZ Database

 

 Ham radios with roger beep

Go down 
+9
Razz229
markA66
SangueG
Victor
Northern Crusader
Sharpshooter
Alan Pilot
glenn dog
Mints
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mints
New Member
New Member



Call Sign : 26-CT-4316
Posts : 21
Times Thanked : 1
Join date : 2021-10-31
QTH or Location : Redcar
Equipment Used : Yeasu 450d

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2022 1:00 pm

Hi there I no some don’t like roger beeps but I looking for a ham radio with a roger to work 11m I no the 450d has one are there any others maybe 991a ?? 
Thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog


Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Posts : 332
Times Thanked : 11
Join date : 2019-08-23
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2022 2:38 pm

The President Lincoln from old to the new model has a roger beep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mints
New Member
New Member



Call Sign : 26-CT-4316
Posts : 21
Times Thanked : 1
Join date : 2021-10-31
QTH or Location : Redcar
Equipment Used : Yeasu 450d

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2022 2:46 pm

I was thinking something like the yeasu 991a or other 0 -30mhz radios 
I just reading about president Lincoln 2 plus looks a good radio anyone used one

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot


Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Posts : 1938
Times Thanked : 47
Join date : 2019-11-19
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.
Age : 149

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2022 3:20 pm

Not found it on my 991a and didn't see any on the 450d i had.
Think it's more a cb thing but could be wrong.
Got the Lincoln 2+ and the original Lincoln and the old one is the one i prefer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mints
New Member
New Member



Call Sign : 26-CT-4316
Posts : 21
Times Thanked : 1
Join date : 2021-10-31
QTH or Location : Redcar
Equipment Used : Yeasu 450d

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2022 3:31 pm

Thanks I had a Uniden 2830 did 26 to 30 I think great radio I guess the Lincoln mk1  did the same 
Just reading about the Lincoln 2 plus looks a good radio and having 12m band that’s a bonus

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter


Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Posts : 278
Times Thanked : 10
Join date : 2022-04-05
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : CRT SS 9900, Ranger 2950DX, Manor Kestrel, Sirio 4000 antenna, CRT space U, Sirio SU375-480 PL antenna, UV5R's x2,

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 2:48 pm

I imagine some hams don't like Roger beeps due to using headsets.
And some just like to complain. 😁
I don't mind beeps and would turn it off if requested in a polite manner.

Mind you, I'm not to keen on any of the 5 beeps on the SS 9900.

https://youtu.be/7lCe4hSmvC4


Just a single short low pitch beep would be better. It helps to distinguish the end of a transmission imo.  I also dislike the pause as it transmits the beep after un keying the mic, (if it is a long/multiple beep).

DAVE_UK likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot


Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Posts : 1938
Times Thanked : 47
Join date : 2019-11-19
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.
Age : 149

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 2:54 pm

Nothing like the old beep in them 5.
Don't like any of them but then again i am not a fan of them to start with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor



Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Posts : 481
Times Thanked : 32
Join date : 2019-11-13
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike
Age : 52

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 3:08 pm

Won't find a roger beep in any amateur radios. No need for it. Use "over" in voice, send "k" in morse/data.

Sydthecat and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter


Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Posts : 278
Times Thanked : 10
Join date : 2022-04-05
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : CRT SS 9900, Ranger 2950DX, Manor Kestrel, Sirio 4000 antenna, CRT space U, Sirio SU375-480 PL antenna, UV5R's x2,

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 4:15 pm

Northern Crusader wrote:
Won't find a roger beep in any amateur radios. No need for it. Use "over" in voice, send "k" in morse/data.


I've heard the odd ones when listening to ham bands. Which isn't often.

If i did my ticket I would probably turn it off for ham.

The problem with saying "over" all the time is it can creep into normal conversations, and then you get some funny looks 🤣

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor


Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC
Posts : 4030
Times Thanked : 253
Join date : 2019-11-10
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 4:27 pm

"Wait a minute....I have to say the word 'over' even if the sentence finishes with the word over?"

"Ends with the word what Brian? Over."

Classic Family Guy. Very Happy


Over.

SangueG and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG


Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / M7TDV
Posts : 733
Times Thanked : 40
Join date : 2021-01-30
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 4:34 pm




Sorry.. following on from Victor I had to post this classic too.

Can't be any help regarding radios with roger bleeps unfortunately. A couple of weeks back I did hear one of the WRTC mega stations on 12m and they had a roger bleep, and can't imagine they would of only been using a 10/12m radio with one in. Plenty of microphones or add on units that have bleeps around, maybe that would be the way to go?

Victor, welshee and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://station-master.online/M7TDV
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor


Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC
Posts : 4030
Times Thanked : 253
Join date : 2019-11-10
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 4:49 pm

Ha! Ha! Very Happy

My missus still says "What's our vector Victor" to me out of the blue!


I used to like a single bleep back in the old CB days that often identified the radio they were using and was handy on SSB/AM but soon became annoying with overuse on FM. Didn't take them b*ggers long to start adding all sorts of nonsense with over extended multiple roger bleeps!
(What was with bleeps at the start and end?!?!?)

Nowadays I can just about stand the confirmation beep on a Ham repeater but still get annoyed with the constant K tones on some especially with short overs.

Can't stand hearing it on the HF Ham bands and nothing to do with Ham vs CB nonsense either.

Bad enough that some insist on using 'echo' effects.


Anyway, microphone back to you....over. Wink

welshee and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Mints
New Member
New Member



Call Sign : 26-CT-4316
Posts : 21
Times Thanked : 1
Join date : 2021-10-31
QTH or Location : Redcar
Equipment Used : Yeasu 450d

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 5:34 pm

I wouldn’t use it on ham bands just be nice to have a radio which has one when on 27mhz 
 yessu450 does not sure what it’s like on 11m ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot


Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Posts : 1938
Times Thanked : 47
Join date : 2019-11-19
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.
Age : 149

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 5:36 pm

I never found it on the 450d i had ???.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter


Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Posts : 278
Times Thanked : 10
Join date : 2022-04-05
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : CRT SS 9900, Ranger 2950DX, Manor Kestrel, Sirio 4000 antenna, CRT space U, Sirio SU375-480 PL antenna, UV5R's x2,

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 6:22 pm

Victor wrote:
Ha! Ha! Very Happy

My missus still says "What's our vector Victor" to me out of the blue!


I used to like a single bleep back in the old CB days that often identified the radio they were using and was handy on SSB/AM but soon became annoying with overuse on FM. Didn't take them b*ggers long to start adding all sorts of nonsense with over extended multiple roger bleeps!
(What was with bleeps at the start and end?!?!?)

Nowadays I can just about stand the confirmation beep on a Ham repeater but still get annoyed with the constant K tones on some especially with short overs.

Can't stand hearing it on the HF Ham bands and nothing to do with Ham vs CB nonsense either.

Bad enough that some insist on using 'echo' effects.


Anyway, microphone back to you....over. Wink


It's "age syndrome" or lack of tolerance getting older Victor 👍🤣
Just keep your mic or phone away from the iron 🤣
https://youtu.be/e0tiNwOpZ68

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter


Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Posts : 278
Times Thanked : 10
Join date : 2022-04-05
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : CRT SS 9900, Ranger 2950DX, Manor Kestrel, Sirio 4000 antenna, CRT space U, Sirio SU375-480 PL antenna, UV5R's x2,

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 6:27 pm

Mints wrote:
I wouldn’t use it on ham bands just be nice to have a radio which has one when on 27mhz 
 yessu450 does not sure what it’s like on 11m ??


Unless there is one of those "holier than thou hams" that frown upon others.
Then switch it on 😉😁
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor


Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC
Posts : 4030
Times Thanked : 253
Join date : 2019-11-10
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 10:05 pm

To be honest Nige I couldn't stand the damn things on FM back in the 80's and I was a darn sight younger then. Wink Very Happy

(Victor Meldrew eh? Do you ever get "Making plans for Nigel"? Very Happy )


Your tolerance to such things does wear thin over the years seeing the same old chestnut being roasted. Someone using a roger bleep on the Ham bands would soon see a warm welcome, a steaming pile of welcome but you get what I mean.


The 'K' tone thing on Ham repeaters wears thin after a while as mentioned too, especially when people drop the call sign......

"Alright Dave" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Hiya Roger" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Thought you was on holiday" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Yeah, just got back mate" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Where did you go" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Went to the Med mate" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Oh nice one" DAH-DIT-DAH!

That'd drive anyone nuts regardless of age.

Roger bleeps/beeps, whatever, soon run out of steam as in super-toys-last-all-summer-long. Just like summer they keep coming round too.



Anyway, sidetracking....to the OP Kevin :-

I'm pretty sure the 450 doesn't have a 'roger beep', the manual doesn't mention one and no one I know who had or has one ever made mention. I'm not sure if the Japanese version had the Yaesu's "WIRES" system which would emit a tone to open an internet connected repeater but can't think of anything else producing a 'beep' except maybe the user feedback button/menu 'beep' which can be turned on and off and doesn't appear on the transmission.

If you have irrefutable evidence of a built in 'roger beep' or otherwise I'd be glad to hear it.
(A lot of such items are external mics/boxes or an after market fitted board.)

I think you'll find pretty much every marketed 'big-four' official Amateur Radio transceiver is unlikely to have such a 'feature' provided as standard either.

(Can you imagine being in Martin Lynch's or otherwise with the 'sales' guy saying, "Yes mate, this HF Transceiver has got a Roger Bleep!" Wink )


None of this is 'snobby' either, I've only been a Ham all of five minutes and spent much longer as a CB'er.

Spent a lot of years hearing all sorts of 'roger beeps', often accompanied with that "F'nar! F'nar!" kind of laugh. Gets to be a drag, like music playing, keying over, tuning up on someone's transmission, shouts of "Hola! Hola! or other nauseating behaviour.

They should make them so the operator can hear them too, might put a few off...

"One-Nine for a copy - Beep, Dah-Dit-Dah, pee-wit, boop-boop-de-doop"
"One-Nine for a copy - Beep, Dah-Dit-Dah, pee-wit, boop-boop-de-doop"
"One-Nine for a copy - Beep, Dah-Dit-Dah, pee-wit, boop-boop-de-doop"
"One-Nine for a copy - Beep, Dah-Dit-Dah, pee-wit, boop-boop-de-doop"

Wonder how long that'd take before they switched it off. Smile


I shall kick back, open the pop-corn, maybe a tinnie and await any retorts. Being a 'mod' on a forum means it's all water off a ducks back anyway.


All the very best,
Victor

Alan Pilot, Tonyvic, welshee and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter


Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Posts : 278
Times Thanked : 10
Join date : 2022-04-05
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : CRT SS 9900, Ranger 2950DX, Manor Kestrel, Sirio 4000 antenna, CRT space U, Sirio SU375-480 PL antenna, UV5R's x2,

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 10:27 pm

Victor wrote:
To be honest Nige I couldn't stand the damn things on FM back in the 80's and I was a darn sight younger then. Wink Very Happy

(Victor Meldrew eh? Do you ever get "Making plans for Nigel"? Very Happy )


Your tolerance to such things does wear thin over the years seeing the same old chestnut being roasted. Someone using a roger bleep on the Ham bands would soon see a warm welcome, a steaming pile of welcome but you get what I mean.


The 'K' tone thing on Ham repeaters wears thin after a while as mentioned too, especially when people drop the call sign......

"Alright Dave" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Hiya Roger" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Thought you was on holiday" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Yeah, just got back mate" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Where did you go" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Went to the Med mate" DAH-DIT-DAH!
"Oh nice one" DAH-DIT-DAH!

That'd drive anyone nuts regardless of age.

Roger bleeps/beeps, whatever, soon run out of steam as in super-toys-last-all-summer-long. Just like summer they keep coming round too.



Anyway, sidetracking....to the OP Kevin :-

I'm pretty sure the 450 doesn't have a 'roger beep', the manual doesn't mention one and no one I know who had or has one ever made mention. I'm not sure if the Japanese version had the Yaesu's "WIRES" system which would emit a tone to open an internet connected repeater but can't think of anything else producing a 'beep' except maybe the user feedback button/menu 'beep' which can be turned on and off and doesn't appear on the transmission.

If you have irrefutable evidence of a built in 'roger beep' or otherwise I'd be glad to hear it.
(A lot of such items are external mics/boxes or an after market fitted board.)

I think you'll find pretty much every marketed 'big-four' official Amateur Radio transceiver is unlikely to have such a 'feature' provided as standard either.

(Can you imagine being in Martin Lynch's or otherwise with the 'sales' guy saying, "Yes mate, this HF Transceiver has got a Roger Bleep!" Wink )


None of this is 'snobby' either, I've only been a Ham all of five minutes and spent much longer as a CB'er.

Spent a lot of years hearing all sorts of 'roger beeps', often accompanied with that "F'nar! F'nar!" kind of laugh. Gets to be a drag, like music playing, keying over, tuning up on someone's transmission, shouts of "Hola! Hola! or other nauseating behaviour.

They should make them so the operator can hear them too, might put a few off...

"One-Nine for a copy - Beep, Dah-Dit-Dah, pee-wit, boop-boop-de-doop"
"One-Nine for a copy - Beep, Dah-Dit-Dah, pee-wit, boop-boop-de-doop"
"One-Nine for a copy - Beep, Dah-Dit-Dah, pee-wit, boop-boop-de-doop"
"One-Nine for a copy - Beep, Dah-Dit-Dah, pee-wit, boop-boop-de-doop"

Wonder how long that'd take before they switched it off. Smile


I shall kick back, open the pop-corn, maybe a tinnie and await any retorts. Being a 'mod' on a forum means it's all water off a ducks back anyway.


All the very best,
Victor

Yes I had the "only making plans for Nigel" regularly back in the day Wink 😁

Good shout about the transmitter hearing the beep too though.
Which you can on a Baofeng. 

I quite enjoyed the variety back in the day though. Beeps, echoes, DJs, mic key'ers. Etc. 
Yes they could spoil it, but the challenge was working around it on what was a popular pastime.
Now it's more of a challenge to actually make contact Wink

Victor and welshee like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot


Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Posts : 1938
Times Thanked : 47
Join date : 2019-11-19
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.
Age : 149

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2022 7:02 am

As i said i had the 450d and never found any bleep on it.
A m8 still has hid original 450 and i asked him last night if he had a bleep on it and he said never found it.
Can you tell us the menu number where you can select it please he is interested and will look.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot


Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Posts : 1938
Times Thanked : 47
Join date : 2019-11-19
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.
Age : 149

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2022 7:42 am

Victor
Will this fit in my FTdx10.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115447363747?hash=item1ae132f8a3:g:jA8AAOSwWLdivEr4

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mints
New Member
New Member



Call Sign : 26-CT-4316
Posts : 21
Times Thanked : 1
Join date : 2021-10-31
QTH or Location : Redcar
Equipment Used : Yeasu 450d

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2022 8:39 pm

Stand by beep F1 59 think this is it 450d

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG


Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / M7TDV
Posts : 733
Times Thanked : 40
Join date : 2021-01-30
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2022 9:32 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
Victor
Will this fit in my FTdx10.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115447363747?hash=item1ae132f8a3:g:jA8AAOSwWLdivEr4

You don't want that one, you want this..
https://www.angelfire.com/cbmodkits/rogerbeepmods.html

Victor and Alan Pilot like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://station-master.online/M7TDV
markA66
New Member
New Member



Call Sign : 26-CT-1424
Posts : 19
Times Thanked : 0
Join date : 2019-06-27
QTH or Location : Chester.
Equipment Used : ICOM 7610, YAESU 857D, ELECRAFT KX2

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2022 9:35 pm

I am not sure about having RB's on the amateur bands but going back to my CB days, there was all different types to be heard including the one I had on my cobra 148 GTL DX and Ham Multimode 3. 
I think they should probably be left there. 

73s 
mark

Victor and Alan Pilot like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mints
New Member
New Member



Call Sign : 26-CT-4316
Posts : 21
Times Thanked : 1
Join date : 2021-10-31
QTH or Location : Redcar
Equipment Used : Yeasu 450d

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2022 9:46 pm

It’s a cb think 
Not for ham
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor


Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC
Posts : 4030
Times Thanked : 253
Join date : 2019-11-10
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2022 9:53 pm

Well b*gger me sideways!!

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/381760/Yaesu-Ft-450.html?page=86#manual

It has got a s*dding roger beep!!!

Ha! Ha! Ha! Very Happy


Took a bit of digging through the manual for that one Kevin. Ham radios with roger beep  1f44d


....still don't like them. Wink


------------------------------------------------------------


Neal (SangueG) I've heard it all now, farting roger beeps????? Rolling Eyes

Alan Pilot and welshee like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content





Ham radios with roger beep  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ham radios with roger beep    Ham radios with roger beep  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Ham radios with roger beep
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Returning to radios.
» 19 a Roger
» Superstar3900 roger bleep
» CRT 7900 Beep voice prompt
» My pmr radios

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: