Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» First dx in 40 plus years
PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:49 pm by pdes

» 10m dxcc ......
PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

» Back Again (Returning Member)
PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2024 8:34 pm by John123

Keywords
yaesu chart call display software ALINCO Sirio lincoln 9900 Mobile meter supply Baofeng sign frequency callsign Mckinley power president 2022 antenna list ss9900 anytone 6900 2023
QRZ Database

PMR 446 Earwigging

Go down 
+3
Victor
Wireless
SangueG
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMR 446 Earwigging   PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2022 9:24 pm

Hi Nige,

Such kits are a great idea for youngsters and good to see stuff like that still available.

I'm afraid my grandsons radio adventures have never returned since that fateful day unfortunately. I've got more than a workshop or two brimmed full with devices, mechanical, electrical, electronic, tools, lathes, etc. but it's difficult to get any of the grandchildren's faces out of phones, tablets, apple devices, roblox, minecraft, tik-tok or anything flipping else!

I'm sure their parents, (my daughters included), must love buying them gear that 'literally', (that word gets so misused!), lights up their faces.......yes, with a flipping screen!

Shouldn't complain, I'm currently sat here with several screens lighting up my own ugly mug which includes two laptops, second monitors on them both, phone on the side and the whale-song of FT8! Very Happy

Ha! Mumble, mumble, mumble, miserable old git I am. Wink

Cheers for the heads up though Nige and I hope you and your grandson get some pleasure from such bits of kit. PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 1f44d 

Anyway.......bit off topic.....sorry Neal.

Had a scan around PMR today with not a sausage heard except for the usual distribution centre chatter. "Back a bit, back a bit, back a bit....Woah! Woah! WOAH!", was about the most 'interesting'.

As Neal says in his posting, what have you heard?

Razz229, SangueG and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

PostSubject: Re: PMR 446 Earwigging   PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2022 12:32 am

Victor wrote:
Hi Nige,

Such kits are a great idea for youngsters and good to see stuff like that still available.

I'm afraid my grandsons radio adventures have never returned since that fateful day unfortunately. I've got more than a workshop or two brimmed full with devices, mechanical, electrical, electronic, tools, lathes, etc. but it's difficult to get any of the grandchildren's faces out of phones, tablets, apple devices, roblox, minecraft, tik-tok or anything flipping else!

I'm sure their parents, (my daughters included), must love buying them gear that 'literally', (that word gets so misused!), lights up their faces.......yes, with a flipping screen!

Shouldn't complain, I'm currently sat here with several screens lighting up my own ugly mug which includes two laptops, second monitors on them both, phone on the side and the whale-song of FT8! Very Happy

Ha! Mumble, mumble, mumble, miserable old git I am. Wink

Cheers for the heads up though Nige and I hope you and your grandson get some pleasure from such bits of kit. PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 1f44d 

Anyway.......bit off topic.....sorry Neal.

Had a scan around PMR today with not a sausage heard except for the usual distribution centre chatter. "Back a bit, back a bit, back a bit....Woah! Woah! WOAH!", was about the most 'interesting'.

As Neal says in his posting, what have you heard?

Haha Victor, it's the world we live in today.
My mrs is a nurse and eldest daughter a teacher. They both were making a fuss of how many bruises the grandson had. 14 I think was counted. 🙄

I interacted with "for god's sake you moan if he spends time on video games yet when he plays out, like he does, football, play group, martial arts etc. You complain about a few knocks." 

I followed up with "when I was a kid,  you were covered in bruises, mud, scabs from tarmac/concrete rash and ate all your dinner".

I got looked at like I had two heads.🤣

But, and i saw your post about caravans 🤣
When the grandson is up at our caravan it's easy to entice him from video games.
One night was spent watching the space station pass by. 
"There's another grandad". 😁

Low light pollution, you could see satellites, but he loved it. Maybe a spark for his future.

Then he raced another kid on site around the grass, and slipped finding a landing strip of tarmac 🙄😮
Lots of skin grazed.

At home, he rediscovered the bike we bought him, racing round the streets, the daughter became concerned for his safety. 
So she took him to the park.

Minutes later he was off to A+E with a split forehead. 
😮🙄

He's fine, he enjoyed himself, 
Maybe if he'd stayed on the bike something else would of happened.

I won't be discouraging him from playing out, but I wouldn't want some random Richard head swearing at him either.

Razz229, Victor and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: PMR 446 Earwigging   PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2022 1:15 pm

Got distracted looking up kids electronic kits for while there lol, thanks both Laughing Agreed, it's great kits like that are still around, though don't know how popular they are nowadays. Had many hours of fun when I was younger with kits like that. Made little antenna towers out of meccano too.

Heard a couple of "interesting" things whilst taking the dog out at lunch.. 

- PMR chan 5 had some sort of workmen. Couldn't work out what or where they were, but for a good 20mins or so "one end was blowing". One end of what, I really have no idea. But just as I got home "Gary fixed it". However by that time I had lost reception of "Gary", and so when the other bloke asked how he fixed it, I never learned the answer.

- Chan 11 had a lady announce that "there should plenty of madeira cake floating about as she ordered two". I looked around but couldn't see any floating about, only a pigeon fly by, so I went back in and had a cup of tea and a left over sausage from last night. Actually prefer sausages to cake anyways, so all good Smile

Anyone seen anything blowing, any cake floating around, or heard anything more interesting?

Razz229, Victor and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

PostSubject: Re: PMR 446 Earwigging   PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2022 2:10 pm

I noticed after posting, that they were in stock a week or so ago and haven't had chance to visit an Aldi. Fingers crossed there's one left when I do.
Still need to get another magmount for PMR save swapping out antennas and coax.
I might try PMR later as 11metres has been dead here the last two days.
But I don't seem to have much luck up here compared to home.

Victor and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: PMR 446 Earwigging   PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2022 3:58 pm

A new hear for me today, and yesterday. Ground crew winching up gliders and paragliders at South Cerney airfield. Has been on channels 6 and 7, if anyone passes through here are sees any are up flying and want a listen.

glenn dog and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: PMR 446 Earwigging   PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2022 5:04 pm

That's a great catch on PMR usage there Neal and I'd never thought if they use PMR or some aircraft frequency. Although you did say it was ground crew you were listening to so maybe that makes sense.

We have Cranfield Airport which is a smallish strip very near us but haven't thought of listening for anything from there. We also have the huge hangers at Cardington in sight which used to be awash with PMR chatter but seldom heard nowadays. (They used to have a motorcycle school near there as well and was always busy on PMR.)

Even getting out the home-made beams and dipole reflectors I haven't heard much apart from the usual shop talk, distribution centres and logisitics. Perhaps I ought to point one of the antennas at one of those interesting locations with a radio on scan and see what comes up. PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 1f44d

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PMR 446 Earwigging   PMR 446 Earwigging - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PMR 446 Earwigging
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: