Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antenna Required.
An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023 Icon_minitimeToday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» First dx in 40 plus years
An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023 Icon_minitimeToday at 3:36 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

Keywords
9900 Sirio supply software president display antenna list chart Mckinley sign lincoln meter call anytone frequency 2022 callsign ss9900 2023 power Mobile ALINCO 6900 yaesu Baofeng
QRZ Database

An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023 Empty
PostSubject: An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023   An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2023 10:55 am

I went out with the idea of spending a couple of hours on the radio, incorporating the South East Sunday morning net and doing some DXing and lost a day!!

From my location of Radio Corner in Ashdown Forest I set and joined the net, see my report here

South East Sunday Net 27.285 USB 11.00 to 12.00 (forumotion.com)

I then flicked round the CB band and heard "those people" who have 1 channel radio's stuck on the 19, a couple of locals having a rag chew about everything and faint noises on the pirate (freeband) frequencies.

I got to thinking that after the previous days FM lift

Commercial FM tropo or pirate radio? (forumotion.com)

I might get some PMR tropo, so set up the PMR radio. I scanned the 16 analogue channels and found that the first 8 was mainly children from the festival across the valley. 
What a noise of parents giving orders and children just press the PTT to activate the many roger beeps available, and yelling into the mic causing over modulation and distortion.  
Could these be the future 19 dwellers? 

On the 2nd or top 8 channels, all was pretty much clear, just the odd faint voice fading in and out (maybe a convoy on the road or green laneng?)
I called out on channel 14 hoping/knowing that it is sometimes monitored by some of those who come on to the Monday Night PMR net.

I was greeted by Peter in Tonbridge and we started to chat, then George (TK 08), also from Tonbridge, joined us and the conversation became a 3 way.
Then Tony (CT 4013), from Brighton called in and replaced George who had gone off for some Tiffin.
Peter then went off for some grub leaving Tony and I to continue chatting.

Then we had a QSK from Rich, who was walking up to Chanctonbury Ring to do some 2m/70cm DXing, that was a great contact from a pedestrian mobile and using a handy.

While in Qso with Rich, Chris (CT 4362) and Russell (Speed Bird) started a conversation on 14.
When Chris heard what was going on he quickly QSYed to another channel allowing the contact with Rich to continue. Thank you Chris & Russell.

George and Peter came back and Tony went of for a spot of Sunday roast. 

Tony came back and then another QSK called in, and this was Lee (CT 3829) who was on a handy calling from a festival at Wiston House, who said was going to put a short snippet on the CTDX Facebook page.

The chat continued and we were then joined by Russell & Steve T (CT 2072), both from Tonbridge

Chris (CT 4362) joined us with news of the SE biggest PMR net that was due to start at 19:00. 
After identifying where the group was based, it was decided that Ashdown Forest to Somerset was not going to happen, no matter how much I begged and pleaded to the Goddess of PMR.

So at 18:30ish I said my goodbye to all, with the intention of packing up and headed home.

At 18:40ish, I quickly checked T5 and heard South America calling. 

Did I stay out for some DXing? 

No

My belly was empty and batteries need to be charged for the upcoming nets.

7 hours of enjoyable radio, set up in a car park on Ashdown Forest getting funny looks form other people and a loooooooooong stay form a elderly gent, who I think, was making notes and the Ashdown Forest Ranger, who seemed happy with me being there.

Best 73

Ray 2290

Victor and Kenton like this post

Back to top Go down

An enjoyable day of radio 28-05-2023
Page 1 of 1