Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» what radio do you wish you never sold
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:04 pm by tspirawk@gmail.com

» First dx in 40 plus years
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:01 pm by Nightprowler

» Antenna Required.
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

Keywords
Mckinley ALINCO chart president Sirio 2022 call software frequency display supply callsign yaesu list antenna 2023 Baofeng 9900 Mobile meter lincoln 6900 anytone power ss9900 sign
QRZ Database

They're still there!!!!!

Go down 
+3
Victor
NUBSTER
Vlaanderen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vlaanderen

Call Sign : 26-CT-3357
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : North West U.K.
Equipment Used : CRT SS6900

They're still there!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Fixed up the little Midland Alan in the truck today as I had to venture out.
Went on to Channel 19 (UK FM) and the idiots who were on abusing everything and anybody haven't gone away after over thirty five years.
Language certainly not needed, plus they were running Kenwoods and Yaesus with plenty of power.
I'm sure a lot of people around my locality packed up because of these idiots.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Hiya Norman,

Don't worry about it mate, think it's quite a universal thing Very Happy
Some people unfortunately will pack up just because of this sort of behaviour, which is a shame.

When I first came back to CB I had no luck on 19, (in hindsight, quite luckily!), and scanned around for days until I did find someone. Called QSK & "on the side" a few times with the eventual response being, "Whoever's calling on the side, just f*ck off!".....
Rather than anything negative I thought, "Great, my setup is working!", they obviously heard me to get back any response Very Happy

It can be the same anywhere, asshats on CB, asshats on Amateur Radio, heck asshats on forums Wink
It's just about seeing the lighter side to life and not letting the asshats ruin it for you, (which I know can be quite hard).

The old saying goes, "The world is not full of assh*les, it's just that you get to meet one every damn day!"

Some people elevate themselves by helping others up, some fool themselves to elevation by kicking others down.

Keep at it mate, you'll get the nice 'breakers' eventually Smile

73's
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
TJS 26CT3029
Contributor
Contributor
TJS 26CT3029

Call Sign : 26-CT-3029
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Dudley
Equipment Used : CTR SS6900 cobra 29 ltd st Fidelity CB 3000FM Ham international multimode 2 Imax 2000

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 10:08 pm

I never go on the muppets now all i did is ask for my first radio check after just setup got told to f**k off same guy put music on for a couple of hours  i know the guy who did it he will not do it again i have ad a nice chat with some good guys on 19 its ups and downs
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 12:31 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
And yes there is another thing believe it or not alot of them are licensed Amateurs too ,and before someone sayes no there not, you dont know what your talking about cos it true.

I shall await to be slagged off for my comment

I've got to agree with you Martin, but what is worse, some have radio forum & facebook group callsigns Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 6:25 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
Razz229 wrote:
NUBSTER wrote:
And yes there is another thing believe it or not alot of them are licensed Amateurs too ,and before someone sayes no there not, you dont know what your talking about cos it true.

I shall await to be slagged off for my comment

I've got to agree with you Martin, but what is worse, some have radio forum & facebook group callsigns Mad Sad

Please don't take this as a dig at all Amateur Radio operators because it's not  I know there is good and bad in all radio but it just seems strange that the main ars*holes happen to be licensed.

Have to agree with you Martin there are many good CB and Amateur radio users out there. It's a shame that the few spoil it for the majority.
Back to top Go down
Matt86
CT Directors
CT Directors
Matt86

Call Sign : 26ct2767
Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Swindon
Equipment Used : Yaesu ft818 , yaesu 8900r , yaesu ft950, stalker 9

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 10:08 pm

This is why I mainly on ssb and stay away from uk40 spart from sids net .

Dont give up, plenty good 11m operators and hams out there .

73 , Matt
Back to top Go down
PeteW
PeteW

Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : West Lancashire UK
Equipment Used : Thunderpole T800 / CRT 6900n / various Sirio moble antennas

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 11:16 am

personally rarely go on the Mensa channel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They're still there!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: