Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking google      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» New Member call sign request
HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 9:53 am by StevieG

» First Contact
HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:58 am by Alan - Mirror Man

» Waiting For Santa
HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:46 am by Cozzmik

» My first contact was a disaster (help)
HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:00 am by Alan - Mirror Man

» Forgot Log In Details
HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 am by Pagan

» SELLING UP after 3 days
HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:55 pm by STARSHIP

» Introduction and Call Sign request (Issued)
HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:34 pm by John123

» New Member Introduction (Issued)
HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:25 pm by John123

» New Member Introduction (Issued)
HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:39 pm by GaryWilson

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Vote_lcapHAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Voting_barHAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Vote_rcap 
Matt86
HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Vote_lcapHAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Voting_barHAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
Firetrap
26cz455
Andybron
rabbi
Sgt Bilko
mickyboy
GaryWilson
Keywords
Wales sign Buxton antenna members midland frequency request ALINCO Mckinley file alan yaesu lincoln Sirio 6900n president callsign power Baofeng ss9900 Calling Mobile list radio division
May 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 42 users online :: 9 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 2 Bots

Cozzmik, Joburgtaxi, joinercb, karelgol, Offplanet, Radio Pixie, Ricochet, StevieG, Sydthecat

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blue Boy

QTH or Location : North Manchester
Call Sign : 26-CT-3366
Equipment Used : tti 660 - binatone 5 star

HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Empty
PostSubject: HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2   HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 12:37 am

I have a Multi 2 as above and after a few minutes of tx or indeed rx it goes dead. Lights are on but no reception no transmission. I believe there is a common failure in older models of the C11 (560pf) capacitor. Can anybody give me a walk thru replacement guide or let me know where I can get reference material for me to replace it?
Back to top Go down
Blue Boy

PostSubject: Re: HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2   HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 2:19 am

Found the little rascal on the Q3 board just prior to the PLL with the aid of CiBi forum. They suggest freq. meter to test point to see if there is any problem with the PLL. I have a cheap meter but haven't got a clue how to hook it up to the test point wherever that is as well. Oh well - more delving tomorrow if I can make some time to get into it again.
Back to top Go down
top_traindriver

QTH or Location : New Brighton, Wallasey
Call Sign : 26-CT-3479
Equipment Used : ham internationl con and multimode2,superstar 6900n

PostSubject: Re: HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2   HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 9:28 pm

mine has the same problem old rigs are great but parts are harder to find i use my new superstar 6900 n now which is great for the price
Back to top Go down
Blue Boy

PostSubject: Re: HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2   HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 10:27 pm

Cash is a bit tight but it might be the road to go down. I'm really frustrated though that I can't buckle down and test/replace parts. I might give it a bit longer to see if I can get a rig doctor or somebody can talk me through the procedure then I'll have nothing to lose and I will get in there. You obviously rate the 6900 so I'll do a bit on them and see what I can find. Thank you for the reply - it is helping me see the way forward
Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader

QTH or Location : IO94SA
Call Sign : M0GVZ
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2   HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 6:35 pm

A 560pF capacitor will be pennies to buy, it'll cost more for the stamp to post it, and it'll take you little time to replace it so there's no harm in just swapping it out regardless of whether or not you can test it.
Back to top Go down
Blue Boy

PostSubject: Re: HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2   HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 12:28 am

I got Steve Arctic Fox to look at the rig today - replaced the board - one or two problems with it but mainly the C11 cap. Transmitted to me this evening on it and it's terrific ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2   HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODE 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Multimode, Export and Sideband Radio-
Jump to: