Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» New member - vintage rigs in use?
What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:18 pm by andy pi

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitimeToday at 3:28 pm by John H

» New Callsign Request
What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitimeToday at 2:35 pm by Maxander

» MAAS DP-27 dipole antenna tuning
What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitimeToday at 2:31 pm by FreqFreak

»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitimeToday at 1:12 pm by 26CT1074

» Thunderpole Galaxy 5/8 antenna now operational
What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by Lynton

» South Coast PMR net report
What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 am by Razz229

» CT CALLSIGN APPLICATION (Issued)
What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 7:44 pm by GaryWilson

» New callsing request (Issued)
What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 7:38 pm by GaryWilson

Keywords
list meter display supply frequency lincoln ss9900 ALINCO anytone 2023 Mckinley president antenna call callsign 9900 Mobile Sirio chart Baofeng 6900 sign yaesu power software 2022
QRZ Database

What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SeanofNorthwich

Call Sign : 26-CT-3446
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Northwich Cheshire
Equipment Used : CRT6900 and a good old Sirio Tornado

What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Empty
PostSubject: What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL?   What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Think I am in the right forum to post this but please move or delete as appropriate while I find my feet back with the hobby and the forum.
As I mentioned in my intro to the club, I was drawn back into the hobby as i had a little extra time in the house due to CV. Around 7 years I was lucky enough to live in OZ and while using their CBs, I got the bug and bought a new Cobra 148 GTL from the States and shipped it over to OZ. After a week of trying to talk to someone it got boxed up and has sat in its box until last week when I brought it to life. Again not much happening on that radio so invested in a new set up and the antenna goes up on the roof next week.
So that leaves with me the Cobra 148 GTL. Not sure if it has any value if I flog it, not sure if anything can be modded to make it do something else,
So would welcome the thoughts of the forum.
Am happy to flog it as I do want a small rig for the car if i can find something that fits in the glove box and can go with my K40 or my Ozzie mobile antenna that is a hell of a bit of kit but mounts onto a bull bar. Plus I shelled out on a decent 30A power pack this morning and the wife has now closed the bank book for radio stuff
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
SeanofNorthwich

Call Sign : 26-CT-3446
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Northwich Cheshire
Equipment Used : CRT6900 and a good old Sirio Tornado

PostSubject: Re: What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL?   What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Thank you for the reply. It is a GTL and is AM/USB/LSB only. Might as well shove on eBay and see how it goes next week. Can then reallocate the funds to a mobile rig and a spare antenna for the house for when the rod bends in the wind. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL?   What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do with an almost new Cobra 148 GTL?
Page 1 of 1