Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeToday at 9:45 pm by John H

» 11m conditions
Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeToday at 8:35 pm by SangueG

» Hello everyone
Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeToday at 8:17 pm by M0TEC

» Hello Everyone New Here & Looking for a Call Sign
Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeToday at 6:33 pm by stealth 57

» I moved to new city (Actioned)
Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeToday at 12:39 pm by Dutchie19

» Call sign request
Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeToday at 12:18 pm by John123

» RE:TC call sign
Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeToday at 12:12 pm by John123

» South Coast PMR net report
Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeToday at 9:23 am by Razz229

» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

Keywords
9900 president list frequency yaesu Baofeng Sirio 2023 Mobile antenna Mckinley supply 6900 anytone 2022 ALINCO power call chart callsign sign ss9900 lincoln software meter display
QRZ Database

Online remote invigilation expanding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Online remote invigilation expanding Empty
PostSubject: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 7:16 pm

The online remote invigilation of the UK Foundation amateur radio exam continues to be extremely popular, with over 800 successful candidates so far, and more than 650 already booked for future Foundation exams.

The RSGB is now contacting candidates and exam secretaries who had previously booked for Intermediate exams before social distancing caused their postponement.

Candidates will be offered online remote invigilation exam slots.

It is hoped that bookings can also be opened to new Intermediate candidates in the near future, once existing bookings are cleared.

Full exams will follow on in a similar manner in due course.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Contributor
Contributor
Mitch

Call Sign : M1TCH
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Leicester
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-857D, Diamond V2000, Major 3000, President Jackson Mk1, Lafayette AFS-1005, K40 mic, KL203, B550P and Sirio GPE 27 ⅝λ.

PostSubject: Re: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 8:26 pm

Full exam? That's good news if it goes ahead. I want to do mine but there's no courses locally, which I'd need to do first, 'cuz a lot of the questions go over my head, I need to learn that stuff. Before this panicdemic I could've done the exam locally, but they don't do any training courses unfortunately, and I believe the distance learning one is currently on hold.

But I live in hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 1:01 am

https://gm6dx.thinkific.com/
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Contributor
Contributor
Mitch

Call Sign : M1TCH
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Leicester
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-857D, Diamond V2000, Major 3000, President Jackson Mk1, Lafayette AFS-1005, K40 mic, KL203, B550P and Sirio GPE 27 ⅝λ.

PostSubject: Re: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:04 am

STARSHIP wrote:
https://gm6dx.thinkific.com/

Thanks, but I've got an intermediate licence already, just need the full now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 11:07 pm

Dave Wilson, M0OBW, RSGB President and Exams Quality Assurance Manager, has announced that the 1000th online invigilated exam took place on the 1st of July.

He anticipated that the 1000th successful candidate will pass the exam sometime this coming week. The RSGB would like to thank all involved in this remote invigilation exam process, including Ofcom, the RSGB exams department and all those invigilating. It’s a great example of amateur radio coming together.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 6:46 am

Yaaaay, a thousand people had access to a Microsoft or Apple PC with a camera and fast internet!
What do you mean you don't have the everyday luxury of such items?
Dyslexia? Problems with technology? You don't have a "spare" thirty quid?!??!
Now you're just placing barriers upon yourself aren't you.......

Honestly, congratulations to the candidates and the hard work of invigilators etc.

All steps in the right direction.......tiny, tiny, tiny, little steps Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

PostSubject: Re: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 4:09 pm

RSGB introduces remote invigilation for Intermediate exams

Following the success of remote invigilation Foundation exams, the RSGB is pleased to expand that to include Intermediate level exams.

From Monday 13 July the automated exam booking system will accept bookings for both Foundation and Intermediate level exams.

Please note that the earliest available bookings for exams at either level are during the second week in August.

The requirement for Intermediate practical assessments is waived until further notice but will be reviewed at a later stage.

https://rsgb.org/main/rsgb-examination-booking/

Last edited by STARSHIP on Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 5:29 pm

Well, that's a much bigger step.

That means the 'electronic construction' has gone for the Intermediate?
(Built tonnes of electronic projects myself but helpful for others to know)

Appreciate the updates Mark.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
26ct762
26ct762

Call Sign : 26ct762
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Altofts,wakefield
Equipment Used : lots

PostSubject: Re: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 12:35 pm

Just done my FL and I think that's the cert just arrived on the mat. Is there a time limit B4 you can start on intermediate? Did electronics in my yoof and had quite a technical job in my 20's. This lockdown training has given me quite a taste for getting back into it as I spent most of my working life in largely unrelated fields.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 8:15 am

26ct762 wrote:
Just done my FL and I think that's the cert just arrived on the mat. Is there a time limit B4 you can start on intermediate? Did electronics in my yoof and had quite a technical job in my 20's. This lockdown training has given me quite a taste for getting back into it as I spent most of my working life in largely unrelated fields.

You can start right away their is no time limit so get stuck in while the mind is in the learning mode.
Well done and good luck on the next step.
Mark.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 6:40 pm

The Examination Standards Committee is pleased to announce the latest syllabus revision for the amateur radio licence examinations. Following the valuable feedback from the tutor community, certain points have been clarified. There are no new learning points with this revision—version 1.4—but one very significant change is that the Intermediate practical assessment is to be discontinued with immediate effect. Some of the feedback has in...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online remote invigilation expanding   Online remote invigilation expanding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1