Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Hello from spain
New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeToday at 3:40 pm by Nuelma123

» Call sign request
New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeToday at 1:47 pm by nmasterson

» Call Sign Request
New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeToday at 12:56 pm by radar

» CT call sign request
New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeToday at 9:58 am by markymark

» New member - vintage rigs in use?
New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeToday at 9:39 am by Nightprowler

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:45 pm by John H

» 11m conditions
New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:35 pm by SangueG

» Hello everyone- New Call sign Request
New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:17 pm by M0TEC

» Hello Everyone New Here & Looking for a Call Sign
New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:33 pm by stealth 57

Keywords
sign list callsign chart power display Mobile yaesu ss9900 frequency 9900 2022 lincoln supply anytone Baofeng 2023 ALINCO 6900 software meter Sirio president call Mckinley antenna
QRZ Database

New RSGB practical videos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

New RSGB practical videos Empty
PostSubject: New RSGB practical videos   New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2020 8:47 pm

Hi all,

The RSGB have done a fantastic job of making the Radio Amateur exams available online and it is proving very successful.

Due to the current situation practical assessments were dropped, but to help fill that gap they have just released a set of videos covering it. This may be invaluable for the new Amateur and a welcome addition to their online training.

Videos can be found on the RSGB website or alternatively on YouTube using the following link :-

RSGB YouTube Channel

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

PostSubject: Re: New RSGB practical videos   New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2020 10:45 pm

To help the thousands of people who've taken their amateur radio Foundation exam in the past 6 months the RSGB have released a collection of videos about six practical skills

The six short videos describe:
• Setting up your station
• How to use an AMU or ATU
• Making your first SSB contact
• Adjusting antenna length to give lowest SWR
• Making your first FM contact
• Using modes other than voice

They are also combined in a single 30 minute video.

Further details at
http://rsgb.org/foundation-practicals/

RSGB YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRSGB/videos

Online Training Resources Page
https://rsgb.org/main/clubs-training/for-students/online-training-resources-for-students/
Back to top Go down
Gavala
Gavala

Call Sign : M7GRC
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Hampshire UK
Equipment Used : Yeasu FTM400XDR / Anytone 878+

PostSubject: Re: New RSGB practical videos   New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 9:27 am

Could I also add, for revision, Essex Ham Pete conducts online webinars to students who are on the Essex Ham foundation training course.

These are not modules of training material but webinars for students who have questions regarding the Essex Ham training modules and some regarding the final exam, booking it, when etc.

Although each webinar Pete hosts is with students are at a similar level you may still find some random nuggets in there which you had thought minor for the exam, as I did, but on watching the first one I picked up on something Pete demonstrated which would definitely have lost me 1 mark in the exam.

So if you're serious about revision this is another good source. There were over 100 people in the webinar I watched last night so you never know, even if you claw 1 point back from a question asked which you never thought of its a point which could make all the difference at the exam.

You need to search 'Ham Train' and Pete's webinars will be filtered for you: HERE

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Red Fox
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Red Fox

Call Sign : 108-CT-255
Times Thanked : 17
QTH or Location : Fife Scotland
Equipment Used : Squawk Boxes & Wires - Both Annoy the other half :)

PostSubject: Re: New RSGB practical videos   New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 7:00 pm

Victor, Mark,

Couldn't agree more, very helpful videos to assist those with little or no knowledge of how to setup their equipment.

Certainly worth viewing to fill in any gaps in what you believe, against what you should know.

Thanks for posting as always.

Gavala - Sorry, no personal shown.

I have to agree, I have attended quite a few of Pete's webinars, very helpful for anyone undertaking their foundation. A great guy who gives his time freely for the benefit of others. he should have a halo in his pocket  Razz

73's

Graeme.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New RSGB practical videos   New RSGB practical videos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New RSGB practical videos
Page 1 of 1