Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Request callsign....
Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:42 pm by 53 Prefect

» Yes, I am still breathing.
Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:36 pm by 53 Prefect

» 1/2 wav or 5/8 wav
Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:35 pm by Des Collier

» My New CB Radio YouTube channel.
Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:31 pm by 53 Prefect

» Call Sign Application
Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeToday at 4:10 pm by Robert Martin

» Which handheld
Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeToday at 12:58 pm by GhostRider

» Activity around Portsmouth UK
Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeToday at 10:48 am by GhostRider

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:49 pm by SangueG

» CW sidesweeper, new project
Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:13 pm by karelgol

Keywords
call Mobile chart 6900 frequency power meter yaesu ALINCO 2022 Baofeng lincoln callsign 2023 supply Mckinley software sign 9900 antenna display anytone list ss9900 Sirio president
QRZ Database

Old CB licence forms for sale, really?

Go down 
+5
NUBSTER
Alan Pilot
Victor
KP441
26uk81
9 posters
AuthorMessage
26uk81
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26UK81
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Oxford
Equipment Used : ss 6900N, AT5555N, President McKinley

Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Empty
PostSubject: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Rare Application form for citizens Band License 27/81 | eBay

Two sold... WHY?

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
KP441
KP441

Call Sign : KP441
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Near Horsham
Equipment Used : lincoln & 3 element yagi, antron 99.

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 12:16 am

Why indeed £16 and original? It says it's printed on his own printer! It's as crazy as the unique £5 notes "only one with this serial number".

It's total nonsense, it advertises it as new and original but is actually a copy made by the vendor. Nobody bought the licence in 1981 why on earth would you want to spend £16 for a copy of the application now?

glenn dog and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 6:03 am

I had to search fleabay for that one just so that I could have my daily laugh! Very Happy

Why limited to eight copies? Does his printer only have that much ink?
Will there suddenly be eight more should he procure more ink?
Is he using an intaglio process hence the limitation and prices?!?!?!

I wouldn't pay £16 for the exact original, let alone a copy of it! Very Happy

Ha! It does take all sorts.....

Edit: went searching for that instead of clicking the link so thoughtfully provided! Posted links on here are as clear as mud!

Last edited by Victor on Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I am a dumb f.........)
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 7:56 am

Prat's springs to mind when i see "2 sold".
Anybody want to buy some Anglesey snow very very rare but will come in liquid form bottled for transportation.

glenn dog, Victor, 26ct954 and Chefsdead like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 8:27 am

Ha! Ha! Very Happy

Do you want to send me some of that Welsh air too Alan mate. Don't worry about bottling it, I'll take the eco-green alternative.....just send some in a paper bag. Wink

26ct954 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 8:53 am

Got some jiffy bags made with it Victor will one of them do.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 am

You're not wrong there Martin Smile

------------------------------------------------

Alan mate - No, no, no, the Jiffy bags are made of plastic and might seal it too well. I tell you what, email me some over Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 11:09 am

I know what you mean Martin. Was discussing this all with an old friend of mine who was also a CB'er back in the day recently. The world does appear to have gone mad and not always due to what we first think!

We did seem to recall a 'mad' moment back around the early millennium with 'hipster'/'retro' types rediscovering, (I use that word loosely!), CB radio and believing that anything older than a few years was completely 'vintage' so worth money. I'm not surprised when we live in a world where everyone upgrades their phone every six months.....everything must be 'vintage' to them! Very Happy
Luckily that scene disappeared and CB prices came back down to normality for a while if just thin on the ground. Perhaps those original idiots have dug their sets back out and because they paid silly money back then it must have 'matured' and obviously be worth more now !?!?

Who knows Martin, I gave up trying to make sense of the world a very long time ago.

It's great that there are new sets available at sensible prices but such a shame that we lost easily serviceable/repairable radios to the madness. When CB's were two a penny, (OK not quite, but a mate down the pub would part with one for not many green one pound notes Wink), there were far more CB'ers on air because it was so cheap to get into.
You don't hear anyone on air anymore, suppose they don't want to connect up their "expensive/worth money/collectible" radio for fear of damaging it.

Perhaps we're getting a little too old mate?
I had cheap motorcycles that were a bag of cr*p back in the day that are now collectible 'classics' worth a fortune! Shocked

Anyway, back on topic I suppose.
Never had a licence back in the day - and never knew anyone else with one either! Perhaps that's why it's collectible? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX.
Times Thanked : 10
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 11:12 am

could this be in the eyes of the law fraud but there is no rules for been stupid and give your money away

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 11:21 am

Reading this has given me a throughly good laugh.🤣🤣🤣

NUBSTER, Victor and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 11:52 am

KP441 wrote:
Nobody bought the licence in 1981

Actually I did  Embarassed But then I am the sort of person that always seems to get caught for the most slightest misdemeanour and didn't want to take a risk initially.

That ebay listing is equally crazy and funny though Laughing Maybe people are looking at creative ways to pull in a little cash in these difficult times. Not related, but similarly stupid I think (or creative) are Moss Ball Pets  Rolling Eyes My daughter wants one, I've said No... there's a whole family she can have on the shed roof.
Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
26uk81
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26UK81
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Oxford
Equipment Used : ss 6900N, AT5555N, President McKinley

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 8:55 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
Prat's springs to mind when i see "2 sold".
Anybody want to buy some Anglesey snow very very rare but will come in liquid form bottled for transportation.

I've had Anglesey sea salt crisps before. However I've never seen Anglesey salt on it's own. This is rather unfortunate as it means I can't do a side by side comparison with my Cornish sea salt.
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 9:28 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
John123 wrote:
Reading this has given me a throughly good laugh.🤣🤣🤣
The best one for a laugh on ebay is the Irish Trader with his prices TBH I was surprised it wasn't him selling these licences
Lol, Martin. I know the trader you mean.👍

NUBSTER likes this post

Back to top Go down
Monty
Contributor
Contributor
Monty

Call Sign : 163-CT-265 2W1TER
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Aberystwyth, West Wales.
Equipment Used : SS6900 N YAESU FTDX 101MP

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 2:43 am

About 10 years ago I used to sell 'Welsh air in a Panda Pop bottle' for an extra quid I'd shout a Welsh word into the bottle. I sold loads. Mostly to America, as a joke gift thing. £5 each .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old CB licence forms for sale, really?   Old CB licence forms for sale, really? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old CB licence forms for sale, really?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: