Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeToday at 9:45 pm by John H

» 11m conditions
RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeToday at 8:35 pm by SangueG

» Hello everyone
RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeToday at 8:17 pm by M0TEC

» Hello Everyone New Here & Looking for a Call Sign
RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeToday at 6:33 pm by stealth 57

» I moved to new city (Actioned)
RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeToday at 12:39 pm by Dutchie19

» Call sign request
RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeToday at 12:18 pm by John123

» RE:TC call sign
RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeToday at 12:12 pm by John123

» South Coast PMR net report
RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeToday at 9:23 am by Razz229

» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

Keywords
chart supply president ss9900 meter Baofeng lincoln yaesu list 2023 anytone software 9900 display antenna callsign frequency Mckinley 2022 ALINCO Mobile call power Sirio 6900 sign
QRZ Database

RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bean
Major contributor
Major contributor

Times Thanked : 6

RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Empty
PostSubject: RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF   RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 2:53 pm

Now on their website to download . ( Not sure if theres any difference maybe more antennas and feed lines )
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF   RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 4:42 pm

Scroll down to " Technical Assistance" well just down the page a bit.

https://rsgb.org/main/technical/emc/emf-exposure/
Back to top Go down
G0RQQ
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 26CT866
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Lincoln
Equipment Used : CRT2000 on CB, FT-920 on amateur bands; end-fed wire 20m long

PostSubject: Re: RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF   RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 5:12 pm

The default number for percentage time transmitting in 6 minutes has gone up from 40% to 60% and some antenna gain numbers have increased. It’s had quite a dramatic change to my calculations - and not for the better!
Back to top Go down
Bean
Major contributor
Major contributor

PostSubject: Re: RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF   RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 5:34 pm

What do you mean " default number " , as far as I understand thats down to your operating habits , certainly on SSB my inputs are 17% for 350w ( s&p contest or DX chase ) and 67% for 90w ( ragchew) which by pure chance  RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF 1f60e result in the same separation distances. The dBi gain for a 3 elephant yagi has gone DOWN 0.1 .
Back to top Go down
G0RQQ
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 26CT866
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Lincoln
Equipment Used : CRT2000 on CB, FT-920 on amateur bands; end-fed wire 20m long

PostSubject: Re: RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF   RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 5:45 pm

I’m just pointing out the changes I have seen when comparing the previous version of the calculator to the new one in case someone doesn’t notice them. In my particular case, the gain numbers for a long wire antenna have been increased which has affected the end result of Tx power I can run in order to stay within the 10 watt EIRP max for compliance. I have to use that number for my particular installation as I cannot control general public access to my antenna.
Back to top Go down
Bean
Major contributor
Major contributor

PostSubject: Re: RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF   RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 5:58 pm

Ah ok,  RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF 1f44d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF   RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 12:39 am

RSGB EMF calculator updated.
Following the update from Ofcom to its guidance “What you need to know as an Amateur Radio user” we have updated the RSGB calculator to version rsgb10a. You can find this on the EMF pages of the website
Please treat this as a beta release and report any problems to m0jav@rsgb.org.uk
Changes

• The main changes are to implement band dependent antenna gain

• We have also changed the low power compliance condition to less than 10W EIRP average and less than 100W EIRP peak in line with Ofcom’s change to guidance. The other changes made by Ofcom to its calculator were already in the RSGB version

• Sundry formatting changes have been made to try to prevent text overflowing boxes reported by some users

The cable attenuation table and the antenna gain table have been left visible (not hidden) so you can help us check the values used.
Work continues on frequencies below 10MHz and using ICNIRP 2020 levels (instead of ICNIRP 1998 levels).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF   RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RSGB latest calculator ICNIRP/EMF
Page 1 of 1