Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» NATO 2000 Restoration
Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeToday at 8:56 am by SangueG

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeToday at 8:39 am by chazwozza

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:33 pm by Vasilis

» New Member (Issued)
Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:30 pm by Mr T

» Help needed
Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

» New member introduction. (Issued)
Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:19 pm by stealth 57

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:11 pm by GaryWilson

» what was your first radio and antenna
Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 am by Razz229

Keywords
Mckinley display ALINCO anytone Baofeng Sirio callsign 2023 2022 call supply yaesu meter lincoln antenna list 6900 chart Mobile 9900 software power sign frequency ss9900 president
QRZ Database

Thanking others on the Forum??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Thanking others on the Forum?? Empty
PostSubject: Thanking others on the Forum??   Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 7:45 am

Hi all,  I have tried to see how do I go about Thanking people on here? I have noticed on my profile that I have been thanked once, and seen others with similar but can't see how its done to another member by me?  Im thinking its obvious, but just can't see it?? Thanks Tony
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Thanking others on the Forum??   Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 8:06 am

Hiya Tony,

It's not as obvious as it first seems mate. Wink

Look to the top right of the box containing the posting and you will see a '+' and '-" symbol. Hit the plus and you'll send/vote a 'Thanks', but be careful of the minus as you'll put them in negative. (No idea why we'd have a 'minus' vote?)

Obviously you can't 'Thank' your own postings. 
(Some would be hitting it like mad! Very Happy)

You won't know who gave you a vote unless they tell you......BTW, you're welcome. Thanking others on the Forum?? 1f44d 
(I often pop a thanks to members who put the effort in to help others.)

HTH. 

Victor

Odin likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

PostSubject: Re: Thanking others on the Forum??   Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 8:55 am

Victor wrote:
Hiya Tony,

You won't know who gave you a vote unless they tell you......BTW, you're welcome. Thanking others on the Forum?? 1f44d 
(I often pop a thanks to members who put the effort in to help others.)

HTH. 

Victor
Cheers Victor, just reciprocated,

I try to help where I can but these days Ive forgotten more than I know Haha.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Thanking others on the Forum??   Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 9:08 am

No worries Tony. Thanking others on the Forum?? 1f44d

Ha! I know what you mean mate, I'm at that age that the more I learn the more I forget! Very Happy

Honestly, It's really good to see people like yourself spend a bit of time to help others out where and when you can here at Charlie Tango. Some come for the call sign, some occasionally visit and others embrace the community and stay for the course.

You've been an exemplary member and it's great hearing about your own passion for radio and input to it all.
Well done and hope to hear more from you. Smile

GaryWilson and Paddy like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanking others on the Forum??   Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 9:35 am

Wow, that's very kind of you mate, I must admit I have been a bit wary of popping back to the Old days, especially as I hold a Full call License and all the privileges it has , but I must admit have become quite stifled within Amateur Radio lately. I found being an RSGB Instructor/Invigilator a big privilege , although now sadly my medical condition has forced me to stop. 

I yearn for the "Old Days" of CB Ops, when you had to hide from the 3 non welcome visitors knocking on your door. I never had them visiting me, but have known lots of friends who did. I don't think we were so scared of Busby, but the "Revenue man" (who had the power to confiscate your gear!!) was a different story. 

In those days on T5 we had such comarardy and the level of Operator in a lot of cases what more professional than the Amateur Licensed Guys. It doesn't seem as much so these days, but then society as a whole is different now. Anyway as I was saying will help if I feel I can, and of course will always accept help from others !

best 73 Tony
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Thanking others on the Forum??   Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 10:33 am

Ah, I've probably embarrassed you a bit now Tony but it had to be said.
I happily give compliments when they are deserved.

Great to hear about your days as an RSGB Instructor/Invigilator and shows your gracious characteristics when it comes to radio of helping others. I couldn't thank my exam invigilator enough when I passed online last year and we had a right old chat for ages afterwards regarding the hobby.

We sometimes have a 'rose tinted' view on the old days but I must admit I really enjoyed CB way back when, as you say the 'illegality' of it all held a certain camaradarie amongst those operators involved. I do however feel that some aspects of the mutual respectability and professionalism are returning especially hearing operators utilising call signs and better operating practices. There will always be the odd fly in the ointment but that can be true regardless of CB, Ham or even indeed everyday life! Wink

It was a great friend and the members here at Charlie Tango that helped me grab the reins again with radio, firstly back to CB and then onto finally doing my Amateur Radio exam which I'd been put off from for too many years. Honestly can't thank them all enough for their warm welcomes, friendliness, radio kinship, help and enthusiasm.

I've seen from your images you posted up on CT that you were not afraid to climb a peak or two and walks to them that most people couldn't contemplate. I too have walked hills, dales and coasts on this fair Isle we reside on once upon a time but unfortunately without a radio. As like you mention a medical condition or rather disability prevents me from achieving such things nowadays, yet with my renewed interest in radio and involvement with Charlie Tango I have chatted to wonderful like minded people from literally around the world.

Probably 'travelled' and definitely explored more than I thought would otherwise be possible. Thanking others on the Forum?? 1f44d 

My very best wishes to you,
Victor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanking others on the Forum??   Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 9:49 pm

Ye definitely embarrassed now Victor, Just read it all out to "The Station Manager" and she is grateful to you for boosting up my confidence. (Thanked you on her behalf)

And yes most of Radio ops were Portable with Summits on the Air , really miss the Mountains, my best was Climbing Cadair Berwyn in Wales and get 33 contacts on 2m, 4m and 6m SSB. Along with Snowdon being my Highest Activation, now that's a walk up & down Cool
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Thanking others on the Forum??   Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 6:32 am

My very best to your 'Station Manager' too Tony. I'm sure she is as supportive as mine mate. Smile

Paddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Thanking others on the Forum??   Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 8:50 am

There are a lot on here in the same boat i think.
Started way back and then left the hobby only to return later in life lol.
I am disabled as well so going up the hill's and mountains is out for me and i can see Snowdon from my qth.
I to did the online exam with a lot of Victor's help as i ma also dyslexic and had no confidence at all in myself but Victor kept me going and i surprised myself by passing lol.
This forum is a fantastic place to be my first port of call when i get up well after i make a coffee that is.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Thanking others on the Forum??   Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 9:09 am

You did all the hard work for your Ham exam Alan, I just gave you a little nudge mate. Wink

We can all achieve a lot by giving each other a little friendly nudge.

You've also been a fantastic member here at CT Alan and your input to the forum has been wonderful. Thanking others on the Forum?? 1f44d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanking others on the Forum??   Thanking others on the Forum?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanking others on the Forum??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: