Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» South Coast PMR net report
Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeToday at 9:23 am by Razz229

» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

» Hello everyone
Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeToday at 12:22 am by M0TEC

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:08 pm by John H

» Call sign request
Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:42 pm by nmasterson

» CAll Sign for division 26 (Issued)
Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 pm by Rizzer100

» Replacement K-PO DX5000 Microphone
Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:42 pm by Lynton

» I moved to new city (Actioned)
Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:34 pm by GaryWilson

» RE:TC call sign
Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:04 pm by Nick100

Keywords
9900 ALINCO ss9900 president 2022 yaesu display 6900 anytone Mckinley 2023 Sirio frequency antenna meter power software callsign Baofeng call lincoln sign list Mobile chart supply
QRZ Database

Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Empty
PostSubject: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 7:00 pm

Just got this neat little Tuner from the Big "A" the usual next day delivery gets me every time. Works really well, great portable as its got a rechargeable Mobile phone battery inside. Very fast tune up on all 3 bands 10,11,12 with my "7.6m Magitenna". I think I may have to put an earth on the UnUn as there's lots of noise coming in with signals?

Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Img_0914
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi Bearfoot,I’m waiting for an ATU 100 auto tuner too,But the 100w one with the green tune button on the front.Are they as good as they seem and what power did you use to get your SWR tune.Then I gather once that’s done you can increase the wattage.The reason like most for getting one is my 5/8 wave Sirio is bang on 1:1 on the Mid block but rises slightly to 1.5:1 on S low 26mhz.Which sounds acceptable but you know what we’re like needed as low as SWR as possible..lol
I don’t know how long you used it for but any hints or tips your found useful while using your ATU would be greatly appreciated.Looking forward to staring at that display and pressing that button..🤣
Thanks Tom.
26 CT 4029
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 7:29 pm

Hi Tom, Yes I seen those with large green button, this one has bypass and auto buttons which is why I went with it. Below is a pic of the display while Txing on 27.555, I like it shows average efficiency. It might not be as accurate as this but it puts my mind at rest. 

Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Img_0915
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 7:30 pm

Oh and sorry this will display at 1 watt but will take 150 watt?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 7:40 pm

Yeah that’s a nice piece of kit BEARFOOT,I didn’t bother with the one with the bypass or auto buttons (Damn..lol)
Seriously I’ll only be using it on 11 metres so it’s no hardship to press that button when needed.Yeah I saw that but read on different remarks to tune on Fm with between 10-30 watts max.Is that what you did,I think I need to read the manual mate.I mean was that 38w power in the pic what you actually used for the initial tune.
Thanks Tom.
26 CT 4029
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 8:26 pm

Tony
Does that one tune on tx or do you need to press a button.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 8:59 pm

Chickenfoot@1987 wrote:
Yeah I saw that but read on different remarks to tune on Fm with between 10-30 watts max.Is that what you did,I think I need to read the manual mate.I mean was that 38w power in the pic what you actually used for the initial tune.
Thanks Tom.
26 CT 4029
Yes, just put the power to mid on the control knob and whistled on SSB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 9:00 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
Tony
Does that one tune on tx or do you need to press a button.
if you leave the Auto button in, it tunes on FM keying up or Whistle on SSB, definitely recommend it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 9:30 pm

Thanks BEARFOOT..👍🏻
26 CT 4029
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 6:53 am

Might just get one to put on the Lincoln as the only vertical antenna i have is a HF multi-band.
Should help with the rare local'ish contact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 5:31 pm

Hi BEARFOOT,My ATU 100 finally arrived this morning and i
Just giving it a charge,What I wanted to ask was when you key up the mic and your given the Pwr= Watts,efficiency and SWR when you release the mic button do those reading all reset back to zero as mine just did or do they stay on the display,I’m thinking they return to zero like a normal SWR/PWR metre are dekeyed.
Let’s hope my unfounded worry is for nothing.Hurry up charger..lol
Cheers Tom
26 CT 4029
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 7:21 pm

Chickenfoot@1987 wrote:
Hi BEARFOOT,My ATU 100 finally arrived this morning and i
Just giving it a charge,What I wanted to ask was when you key up the mic and your given the Pwr= Watts,efficiency and SWR when you release the mic button do those reading all reset back to zero as mine just did or do they stay on the display,I’m thinking they return to zero like a normal SWR/PWR metre are dekeyed.
Let’s hope my unfounded worry is for nothing.Hurry up charger..lol
Cheers Tom
26 CT 4029
Hi Tom, yes mine returns to 0.0 readings when mic unkeys just like a you say an ordinary swr/power meter does. well done, I am more than impressed with mine

cheers Tony
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 8:26 pm

Thanks BEARFOOT,Can’t wait to try it tomorrow once everything is set up in its new position.
Cheers Tom.👍🏻
26 CT 4029
Back to top Go down
Deiarrid
Deiarrid

Call Sign : 26-CT-4193
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Hoddesdon, Herts
Equipment Used : None (yet)

PostSubject: BOT?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 12:53 pm

Hi Barefoot. Pretty neat little tuner. What is the "BOT" button for though?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 2:49 pm

Deiarrid wrote:
Hi Barefoot. Pretty neat little tuner. What is the "BOT" button for though?
Hi Derek, according to the weird instruction, its for Manual tuning? I've not pressed it to try as I prefer Auto tuning, getting lazy in my old age??  Wink
Back to top Go down
sbilson
sbilson

Call Sign : 2-CT-172 noahtoo
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Meeker, Colorado, USA
Equipment Used : Royce 23 channel CB radio

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 11:49 pm

OK, I'm sure this is going to sound dumb to those of you have a vast amount of experience with cb radios...........but.......will a tuner such as you are discussing work on a simple 23 channel radio?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 12:06 am

Hi sbilson,Yes is will tune an antenna to work on your 23 channel radio.These tuners will tune an antenna to work on frequencies 1.8 -55 MHz so I’m thinking your rig is either AM or FM which is 27 MHz so your well covered.A thing to remember is that they require a minimum of 10 watts of power to be able to start the auto tune sequence.Which isn’t a problem unless your rig is a 4 watt max QRP radio.The one I use now and the one BEARFOOT does too goes all the way up to 100 watt.But they also make a 40 watt version with allows you to turn on a rig that runs say 4 watts max.(For QRP rigs)
So you have the best of both worlds.
Hope that helps.I see your in the United States as I’m sat here on AM channel 6 waiting for those super bowl breakers to start appearing,The last couple of days the signals have been so strong and I’ve called out but sadly to know reply.
Let’s hope tonight will be better.
Cheers Tom
26 CT 4029
Back to top Go down
sbilson
sbilson

Call Sign : 2-CT-172 noahtoo
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Meeker, Colorado, USA
Equipment Used : Royce 23 channel CB radio

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 6:52 pm

Thank you, Tom. The info is much appreciated, especially the  part about the power requirements. I believe I'll look into a tuner.
Back to top Go down
Des Collier

Call Sign : 26-CT-4194
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Scunthorpe,North Lincolnsire UK
Equipment Used : President Grant 2,Stalker XX Homebase

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 10:30 pm

Have just bought one of those ATU units to work with my new 6900 which i bought recently,works really well and is so compact which is good for me as i don't have much shelf space in my brick shed! Des 26CT4194
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?   Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen as it's to tune a Antenna, this forums looks good?
Page 1 of 1