Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

» Hello everyone
Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeToday at 12:22 am by M0TEC

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:08 pm by John H

» Call sign request
Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:42 pm by nmasterson

» CAll Sign for division 26 (Issued)
Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 pm by Rizzer100

» Replacement K-PO DX5000 Microphone
Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:42 pm by Lynton

» I moved to new city (Actioned)
Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:34 pm by GaryWilson

» RE:TC call sign
Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:04 pm by Nick100

» Crossing the pond
Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:52 am by Dutchie19

Keywords
display president software Mobile ss9900 frequency call list chart Sirio Baofeng anytone 2023 Mckinley 6900 supply 2022 power 9900 sign ALINCO antenna callsign lincoln yaesu meter
QRZ Database

Things that can excite us....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Things that can excite us.... Empty
PostSubject: Things that can excite us....   Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2021 10:53 am

Hi All,

The following is just as applicable for Ham frequencies as CB/11m but I must admit it gives me a buzz regardless.

You know that you're a radio 'nut' when certain things leave you drooling in anticipation, quivering with excitement or giggling like a schoolgirl......even if you're a fat old man! Wink Very Happy

Take a look at the following link and see if it has you burbling as much as I did :-

Latest Sunspot imagery Dec 16th 2021

It may or may not amount to something but the possibility is exciting nonetheless. Things that can excite us.... 1f44d

Fingers crossed for some CB activity and a midwinter Sporadic 'E' lift with maybe more over the coming weeks.

All this and more can be found at :-

Spaceweather.com

All the very best,
Victor
(Fat old man...still giggling. Very Happy )

Alan Pilot and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Things that can excite us....   Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2021 10:59 am

Victor
"Fat oil man" you had me thinking but you have seen my pic on qrz i forgot about that lol.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Things that can excite us....   Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2021 11:05 am

Ha! Ha! Very Happy

I wouldn't lower myself to such derisive comments Alan. Wink

But lets just say that some of us certainly fit the expected look of a 'radio enthusiast'!!!

Alan Pilot likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things that can excite us....   Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 1:14 am

Victor wrote:
Hi All,

The following is just as applicable for Ham frequencies as CB/11m but I must admit it gives me a buzz regardless.

You know that you're a radio 'nut' when certain things leave you drooling in anticipation, quivering with excitement or giggling like a schoolgirl......even if you're a fat old man! Wink Very Happy

Take a look at the following link and see if it has you burbling as much as I did :-

Latest Sunspot imagery Dec 16th 2021

It may or may not amount to something but the possibility is exciting nonetheless. Things that can excite us.... 1f44d

Fingers crossed for some CB activity and a midwinter Sporadic 'E' lift with maybe more over the coming weeks.

All this and more can be found at :-

Spaceweather.com

All the very best,
Victor
(Fat old man...still giggling. Very Happy )
Hi Victor,I’ve been watching the charts and SFI,MUF’s,sunspots and A/K index’s with excitement.As their heading In the right direction for some Midwinter sporadic E.
Lately it’s been hit and miss with just distance voices and the added QRM of surrounding Xmas lights.But today they certainly Seemed to show signs of great improvement.Now the bragging part (only joking). 116 Turkey and 34 divisions over breakfast,2 division at lunch in the car to utter amazement from colleagues which sadly didn’t result in a reply but was a good sign of the conditions certainly improving and a nice bit of inter G to 163 division Cardiff and at 9pm too which rounded off a great day of QSO’.That will most probably be all I get now until 2022..lol
Just checked the RSGB website and it looks like things will be getting much better.
Cheers Tom.
26CT4029
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Things that can excite us....   Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 8:27 am

Well done with the DX there Tom. Things that can excite us.... 1f44d 

Here's hoping conditions bring you a bit more over the festive period.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things that can excite us....   Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 10:35 am

Italy at S9+ on 27.465 AM currently
Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: Things that can excite us....   Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 3:41 pm

I'm still struggling to understand all the space weather data and it all means in reality. But that imagery is pretty clear Smile

Hoping we get a bit of activity in to the evenings, my days are pretty busy at the moment.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Things that can excite us....   Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 5:23 pm

I'm with you there on the Sunspot imagery Neal. Things that can excite us.... 1f44d 

I remember building a Sunspot viewer as a lad and had great fun showing my grandchildren how to do it. Seeing Sun spots for yourself is great and watching Mercury transit the Sun is always awesome! Smile

The Solar Index is easy enough once you wrap your head around it. There's a pretty good explanation here :-

https://3fs.net.au/making-sense-of-solar-indices/

SangueG likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things that can excite us....   Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 10:14 pm

Only 2 QSO’s today 50 and 34 divisions which I’m very happy with as those blinking lights and crackle of a relay switching on and off is settling to sat the least..☹
Let’s see what the weekend brings.
Cheers Tom.
26CT4029
Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: Things that can excite us....   Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 2:05 pm

Thanks for the link Victor. Been a long time since I last made a viewer. Last night and today have been suffering with festive decoration QRM just like Tom, kind of given up trying to listen to anything today. Now would be a good time to get the scissors and make a viewer, but it's thick dark cloud around me right now so I think the scissors would be put to better use trimming the new strings of lights my better half has strung up everywhere Twisted Evil

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that can excite us....   Things that can excite us.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things that can excite us....
Page 1 of 1