Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

» Hello everyone
Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeToday at 12:22 am by M0TEC

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:08 pm by John H

» Call sign request
Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:42 pm by nmasterson

» CAll Sign for division 26 (Issued)
Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 pm by Rizzer100

» Replacement K-PO DX5000 Microphone
Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:42 pm by Lynton

» I moved to new city (Actioned)
Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:34 pm by GaryWilson

» RE:TC call sign
Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:04 pm by Nick100

» Crossing the pond
Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:52 am by Dutchie19

Keywords
meter power yaesu frequency Sirio Mckinley ALINCO lincoln list Baofeng president 9900 chart callsign call 2022 display ss9900 2023 antenna software 6900 supply anytone sign Mobile
QRZ Database

Spectacular QRM?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Spectacular QRM? Empty
PostSubject: Spectacular QRM?   Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 2:41 pm

Hi All,

Bit of a 'lift' on earlier in the day on CB radio or 11m, (as well as 10m).

It always seems that CB users grab a chance at a lift in conditions way before Amateur Radio users ever do with 10m, which is often why I listen to those bands first. Wink

Today however there was a bit of QRM around the old 'Triple', (27.555MHz for those that don't know), causing all sorts of squeaks and squawks on the band and unless you had access to a band 'waterfall' you'd have missed this :-

Spectacular QRM? Waterf10

(Excuse the resizing.)

Some might think it's cool, others maybe not as much, it is after all still QRM!

I think they obviously have the skills to become a Ham radio operator if they aren't already, but probably best not to splurge this stuff all over the Ham bands. It's bad enough with all the "Hola! Hola!" QRM, let alone the whistle blowing, dead CW keying or the damn idiot that plonks doorbell sounds all over the Digital mode frequencies!!!

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and get to grab some good radio time especially for those of us that have a bank holiday.

Me? Got the grandkids staying with us......so not so much radio time.
(But I love them dearly and it's all well worth it!)

All the best,
Victor

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

Spectacular QRM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectacular QRM?   Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 3:00 pm

Hello Victor,hope you and the family are well.That QRM you described I’ve been listening to it on and off for the past few weeks and it seems a little bit more then the usual cheap charger and pops,crackles and whizzes we’ve all become accustom too.Someone told me it’s over the Horizon radar and they get it 20db at times,I’ve also been getting a tick tick tick tick tick sound which I didn’t hear before.It’s not Static and my grounding to the antenna is perfectly fine.
Have a great bank holiday weekend as it sounds you have your hands full,We’re all off to Bognor Regis for Fish and chips,Ice cream and to many sticks of rock.And I might just have a quick listen on the radio as it would be rude not too..sshhhhhh
Cheers Tom.
26CT4029
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Spectacular QRM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectacular QRM?   Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2022 5:44 am

Hiya Tom,

Same to you mate, my very best wishes to you and yours and have a great time at Bognor. (Can't beat fish & chips and all the rest at a good old British beach! Smile )

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
Ivy Mike
Major contributor
Major contributor
Ivy Mike

Call Sign : 26CT4113/G1HWY
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : IO90uv
Equipment Used : ICOM radios/antenna farm

Spectacular QRM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectacular QRM?   Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2022 9:16 am

I listened to some of the QRM on 10metres last weekend.
It sounds like a shaver buzzing and on the waterfall is straight lines
every few hertz then it halves the few hertz and keeps repeating.
It lasted a few minutes then disappeared.

BTW it appears not to block FT8 signals
Back to top Go down
chazwozza
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : England
Equipment Used : Radios

Spectacular QRM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectacular QRM?   Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 7:49 am

Maybe your twig is deaf on 10 cbers only have 11 to work with so its no real suprise they see any lifts 1st
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Spectacular QRM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectacular QRM?   Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 9:02 am

Exactly, CB'ers only have 11m to work with so utilise it more often rather than sitting around waiting for propagation tools predictions to say there's an opening on 10m.

My 'twig' is a 44 foot doublet, ladder-line fed, 40m to 10m band spread becoming an Extended Double Zepp at higher frequencies, so if anything has slightly more gain on 10m than it does on 11m.

Still, an interesting QRM signal (to which no one has mentioned spread spectrum transmission) that I thought would be worth a mention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spectacular QRM? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectacular QRM?   Spectacular QRM? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spectacular QRM?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: The DX Lounge :: 11m / 27mhz SSB DX Discussion-
Jump to: