Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

» Hello everyone
skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeToday at 12:22 am by M0TEC

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:08 pm by John H

» Call sign request
skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:42 pm by nmasterson

» CAll Sign for division 26 (Issued)
skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 pm by Rizzer100

» Replacement K-PO DX5000 Microphone
skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:42 pm by Lynton

» I moved to new city (Actioned)
skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:34 pm by GaryWilson

» RE:TC call sign
skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:04 pm by Nick100

» Crossing the pond
skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:52 am by Dutchie19

Keywords
ss9900 2023 supply 9900 Mobile callsign meter 6900 sign frequency lincoln Baofeng list Mckinley chart power antenna 2022 display president anytone Sirio yaesu software ALINCO call
QRZ Database

skip distances Europe vs Pacific

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hex
Hex

Call Sign : 43-CT-024
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Wangaratta, Victoria
Equipment Used : Uniden PC 122, V-Quad

skip distances Europe vs Pacific Empty
PostSubject: skip distances Europe vs Pacific   skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2022 9:15 am

The skip conditions are great at the moment here Div 43 (reminiscent of the '80s) with the big boys in Hawaii on AM and the mainland U.S romping in on USB. Even locally, the Western Australlian (3500Kms) stations are easy contacts. I wanted to ask if the same distances (3000 - 13000 Kms) occur i Europe?
Cheers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: skip distances Europe vs Pacific   skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2022 5:27 pm

Good afternoon Hex,They do and more often then we realise.
Only two nights ago I spoke with Steve 43 WR 304 in Sydney and that’s well over 10.000 miles and in a thunder storm while p***ing it down..lol
Yesterday evening Steph 136 WI 005 Martinique 4188 miles,3 SKD 005 Flavio Brazil 5,762 miles,122 AT 149 Bassam Lebanon 4522 miles and 2/009 Ray in Florida 4306 miles.I’ll stop there before my hat doesn’t fit this fat head anymore and I don’t even claim to be the biggest or the best as all these QSO’s are on s 5/8 vertical Sirio antenna.When the propagation is running and the bands are open anything is possible.
You never know Hex we may even chat one day too.
All the best Tom.
26CT4029
Back to top Go down
Hex
Hex

Call Sign : 43-CT-024
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Wangaratta, Victoria
Equipment Used : Uniden PC 122, V-Quad

PostSubject: Re: skip distances Europe vs Pacific   skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 4:29 am

Thanks Tom, HF never ceases to amaze me, i'm really looking forward to my first European contact at some stage.
Cheers,
Phil.
Back to top Go down
Cozzmik
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
Cozzmik

Call Sign : 26-CT-465/OP-465/FB-012
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : Kenwood ts570dg/Yaesu ft450d/Rm-kl400/Sirio 4000

PostSubject: Re: skip distances Europe vs Pacific   skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 5:58 pm

I used to get great satisfaction working the world when we was at our last solar cycle peak and with my beam and a couple of hundred watts it was as easy as having a phone call.
Indonesia,Oz,New Zealand to name a few were all regular contacts and over the years since then i have again had great success but i now prefer to work groundwave instead and wait for conditions to drop off to see what can be worked.I expect as now we are heading to another peak great contacts will be made regularly.

And after all these years it still amazes me how HF can be..

John123 and Hex like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skip distances Europe vs Pacific   skip distances Europe vs Pacific Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

skip distances Europe vs Pacific
Page 1 of 1