Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Hello from spain
Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeToday at 3:40 pm by Nuelma123

» Call sign request
Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeToday at 1:47 pm by nmasterson

» Call Sign Request
Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeToday at 12:56 pm by radar

» CT call sign request
Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeToday at 9:58 am by markymark

» New member - vintage rigs in use?
Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeToday at 9:39 am by Nightprowler

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:45 pm by John H

» 11m conditions
Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:35 pm by SangueG

» Hello everyone
Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:17 pm by M0TEC

» Hello Everyone New Here & Looking for a Call Sign
Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:33 pm by stealth 57

Keywords
2022 6900 chart anytone meter Mobile 2023 display antenna Mckinley Baofeng ALINCO callsign supply sign president software power 9900 yaesu call ss9900 Sirio list frequency lincoln
QRZ Database

Review on Amazon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

Review on Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Review on Amazon   Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2022 3:57 pm

This is a review i found on Amazon while looking for a longer hose for my pressure washer.

"5.0 out of 5 stars
 Wow. Mega. Wow. Ultimate yes please.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 March 2022
Size Name: 10M/33FTVerified Purchase
I purchased this product to use. And I did when I attached it to my pressure washer.

I opened business deep cleaning slippers for the elderly as a large amount of my neighbours are either old or have feet. Some meet both criteria. In my first week I made £16 so I knew I was onto a winner.

Unfortunately I was cleaning a lady’s slippers, and she complained to the council because I’d forgotten to take the slippers off her feet and jet washed the bottom half of her body clean off.
It was an honest mistake as she was very thin.

All in all it was great and then wasn’t but still is.

8 people found this helpful"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/STYDDI-Pressure-Replacement-Karcher-Connector/dp/B082LTTZ2R/ref=psdc_4370244031_t1_B08L7MFS7N?th=1
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Deeside, Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

Review on Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review on Amazon   Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2022 5:05 pm

I wouldn't touch Amazon with a barge pole and anyone who complains about local shops closing down or services on the decline need to look at their buying habits 🤔👍🤣

Rant over, 😁
I do like to read peoples reviews and the stuff some complain about .
It gives me a laugh.
Especially the ineptitude of some folk, which makes me wonder how they actually get on in life ?.

Most are probably in management I assume as they are quick to jump to conclusions, blame everyone but themselves and talk absolute crap. 👍🤣

There are some really good examples of humour like you posted though 👍
Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

Review on Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review on Amazon   Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2022 1:58 am

Sharpshooter wrote:
I wouldn't touch Amazon with a barge pole and anyone who complains about local shops closing down or services on the decline need to look at their buying habits 🤔👍🤣

Shops are closing because they don't stock what people want to buy. Last week I had to do a 60 mile round trip just to find a pair of trousers to wear for a christening. It wasn't that I was being fussy, it's that not one single shop in my town sold anything other than jeans, chinos and joggie bottoms. So that was £20 for the trousers, over a tenner in fuel and an hour and a half of my life to get just one thing that nowhere in my town sold.

rekibrepus and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

Review on Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review on Amazon   Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2022 8:06 am

Round here all the shops have closed down and just the big Tesco's morrisons and the like.
All the small shops are now charity shops and have been for years.
I blame the councils a lot of the time for charging so high rates on the small businesses.
Anglesey has no big wages so less spending = no small businesses.

Sharpshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Deeside, Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

Review on Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review on Amazon   Review on Amazon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2022 11:07 am

Northern Crusader wrote:
Sharpshooter wrote:

Shops are closing because they don't stock what people want to buy. Last week I had to do a 60 mile round trip just to find a pair of trousers to wear for a christening. It wasn't that I was being fussy, it's that not one single shop in my town sold anything other than jeans, chinos and joggie bottoms. So that was £20 for the trousers, over a tenner in fuel and an hour and a half of my life to get just one thing that nowhere in my town sold.

It started with  big company supermarkets stocking "other goods". 
Out of town retail parks followed, and big business online companies .

Then the pandemic put the boot in but Bezos earned even more Billions just like big pharma. One of which "moderna" were about to go bust 🤔

Bezos is about to become the first  Trillionaire  but I suppose people like a bargain. Mind, Amazon can be quite a con if looked at closely.

The NHS will probably be the next to fold.

Well at least by going out to buy your pants you got what you wanted by seeing the product and trying them on.
Better than getting a pair off Amazon and they turned up wrong size and poor quality unlike in the picture, otherwise you'd of had to go to the christening in your jogging bottoms 👍🤣

Mind you can still buy goods from normal shops online. Most of my radio gear came from Knights 😁
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Review on Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review on Amazon   Review on Amazon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review on Amazon
Page 1 of 1