Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Request callsign....
members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 6:42 pm by 53 Prefect

» Yes, I am still breathing.
members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 6:36 pm by 53 Prefect

» 1/2 wav or 5/8 wav
members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 6:35 pm by Des Collier

» My New CB Radio YouTube channel.
members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 6:31 pm by 53 Prefect

» Call Sign Application
members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 4:10 pm by Robert Martin

» Which handheld
members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 12:58 pm by GhostRider

» Activity around Portsmouth UK
members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 10:48 am by GhostRider

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:49 pm by SangueG

» CW sidesweeper, new project
members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:13 pm by karelgol

Keywords
Sirio Mobile meter yaesu president lincoln ALINCO display sign Baofeng software ss9900 power 2023 supply 6900 Mckinley 9900 frequency chart anytone 2022 callsign call list antenna
QRZ Database

Introducoing myself to members (Issued)

Go down 
+2
Victor
silvermachine
6 posters
AuthorMessage
silvermachine

Call Sign : 26-CT-4775
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : dorking surrey
Equipment Used : president Mckinley, Thunderpole 1/2 wave, President Randy 3 in the car with a mag mount

members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2023 12:11 am

Hi, I am a 68yr old in semi-permanent retirement. My first radio was a receiver I built from a kit aged about 7. I built several later on from bits and pieces. By 17 I was working at Roberts radio and made a little battery-powered and portable FM transmitter - the sort that Radio Thames Valley would have used circa 1972, had I had anything to do with it, which I deny. Later in '81 I had friends who had CB but I was off to do higher studies and missed out. Recently getting into the hobby as it dovetails well with my greenlaning and offroad activities. I have been on the air now for about two weeks on and off and am just setting up my home base setup. I have forgotten most of what I used to know (which wasn't a lot in the first place) and am keen to learn and would expect I will find a course toward my licence once I get everything working with the car and house CB setup. I am a father of four a grandfather of two (so far) I have two cats, fly fpv drones play guitar and sing and write songs. I have a T800, a president randy 3 in the car with a kit and mag aerial and a president mckinley coming for home. So, effectively a newbie keen to learn the ropes and contribute what little I can, to the community.

Red Rooster LN-4614 likes this post

Back to top Go down
silvermachine

Equipment Used : president Mckinley, Thunderpole 1/2 wave, President Randy 3 in the car with a mag mount

PostSubject: Request for a Call Sign   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2023 12:15 am

Hi, I would like to request a unique callsign I can use to build a network of contacts on air. I am based in Dorking surrey.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2023 6:31 am

Hi 'silvermachine',

Welcome to Charlie Tango.

I've merged your introduction & call sign request together here to prevent any confusion for allocation.

Great introduction and good to read a little about you but you're missing one important detail for me to allocate you and that is your first name. (I cannot presume your email address name as many use pseudonyms.)

If you can either confirm your first name here or fill in your forum profile by clicking the 'Profile' button at the top of the screen when you next log in I can get you a call sign issued.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
silvermachine

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2023 11:33 am

Oops! Hi Victor, Sure, my given name is Christopher, although I answer to Chris, which I prefer. In my teens I went to a few Hawkwind concerts around the time of their hit "Silver Machine". These days, I drive a Silver car...Watching Fred in the shed videos online (and others) working on nets like the 305, and the way call signs helped distinguish one chris from another so you knew who you were talking to and talking back to you, is the reason for the request. Thanks for your warm welcome, Silver Machine (Chris)

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2023 12:23 pm

Hello and welcome, Chris.

73s John.
Back to top Go down
silvermachine

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2023 3:25 pm

Hello John, Much appreciated, thanks. My first forum and just finding my way around...Cheers

John123 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2023 4:02 pm

No worries at all there Chris and again a warm welcome to you.

(Hawkwind fan myself with my own 'silvermachine' but a motorcycle. Never expected to turn into a 'silver' machine myself one day! Wink )

I am delighted to allocate you 26-CT-4775 may you have good luck with it.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.

silvermachine likes this post

Back to top Go down
silvermachine

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2023 8:59 pm

Dear Victor, Thanks very much for the call sign! What sort of a bike do you have? I used to have bikes, last one a few years back buell xb12r thunderbolt. Still got the alpine stars all in one but not ridden last 10 years. Thanks again, Chris

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2023 9:23 pm

My pleasure Chris, I'm lucky to have the delight in allocating them.

Yamaha XVS650 (found the 1100 too big and long to handle!) but mothballed for some time now after becoming disabled in 2014. Nice bike the Buell! My days of hunched over a tank are well gone now but the memories stay longer. members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) 1f44d

Your a man after my own heart there, also got some guitars hanging from the wall for a good twang and loving being a Grandfather. (Six of them!)

I hope your call sign helps you enjoy the radio waves and puts a grin on your face as much as a bike or guitar does.

73's for now,

Victor
Back to top Go down
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 7:16 am

Hi Chris, welcome to the CTDX Group 
73s 
Steve.

silvermachine likes this post

Back to top Go down
silvermachine

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 9:41 am

Thanks Steve, much appreciated. Hope to catch you on the air sometime. All the best Chris

StevieG likes this post

Back to top Go down
skyrider
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4654
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Preston, Lancs.
Equipment Used : UNIDEN 100, midland alan 78 plus multi + mag mount , silver rod

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 9:59 am

you have a virago Victor nice yam i have had several bikes myself  members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) 1f44d

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 10:30 am

DragStar Lionel. Wink

Always good to meet other bikers, that same kindred spirit we often find with radio enthusiasts too! members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) 1f44d
Back to top Go down
skyrider
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4654
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Preston, Lancs.
Equipment Used : UNIDEN 100, midland alan 78 plus multi + mag mount , silver rod

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 11:03 am

yes i presently have a 225 yam serow trail bike grey import

Victor and silvermachine like this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2023 7:09 pm

Hello Chris, welcome to the forum.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducoing myself to members (Issued)   members - Introducoing myself to members (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducoing myself to members (Issued)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: New Member Introductions & Call Sign Applications-
Jump to: