Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

» Hello everyone
sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 12:22 am by M0TEC

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:08 pm by John H

» Call sign request
sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:42 pm by nmasterson

» CAll Sign for division 26 (Issued)
sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 pm by Rizzer100

» Replacement K-PO DX5000 Microphone
sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:42 pm by Lynton

» I moved to new city (Actioned)
sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:34 pm by GaryWilson

» RE:TC call sign
sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:04 pm by Nick100

» Crossing the pond
sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:52 am by Dutchie19

Keywords
yaesu list callsign software 2022 supply Mobile ss9900 antenna display meter frequency 9900 Baofeng chart sign 6900 lincoln Mckinley president call anytone power 2023 Sirio ALINCO
QRZ Database

Application for Call Sign (Issued)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kenton
Kenton

Call Sign : 26-CT-4816
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Leatherhead
Equipment Used : UK 40 FM : Midland 77-104uk (from new) / Midland 77-095 / Kernow Beta 1100 / RM KL 203 P /// PMR 446: Baofeng UV5R III

sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 9:48 pm

Good evening to you all.
      My name is Chris, and my 20 is Leatherhead in Surrey. I have had an avid interest in UK 40 CB since I bought my first CB in the mid 90's. That very CB is one of the rigs I still use now, the baby Midland 77-104uk. I had quite a break form CB in the mid 2000's, but during lockdown I dug all my gear out of the loft, and had it serviced. I am so happy to be back on the air that I have invested money in buying a Sirio Power 3000, and some other bits and bobs including a very nice SWR meter to replace the two cheap ones I had previously. The setup is now working very well, and I have had some really good contacts recently. I didn't want to go back to using my previous "handle" because it now just sounds a tad naff Rolling Eyes
So here I am. I would be honoured to finally have a proper call sign, especially as summer is approaching fast, and I am looking forward to getting out and about even more to make some more contacts, and hopefully, some decent DX's?? 

I have seen the Call Sign numbers have gone quite high now, so I'm hoping it wont be too much of a mouthful lol. I love you

Many thanks indeed, and sorry for waffling.

Chris.

Mavic2Pro and Red Rooster LN-4614 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 10:16 pm

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Charlie Tango.

I just so happened to be about so thought I'd quickly sort a call sign out for you.

I am delighted to allocate you 26-CT-4816 may you have good luck with it.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.

Some call sign 'waffling' that may come in use......

When using call signs on a local level i.e. within England for a 26 division number most people drop the '26' part of the call sign so you could just use CT4816 or Charlie Tango 4816 (or pronounce forty-eight, sixteen for ease). 

When answering a DX call you can simply return with just the prefix calling '26 Charlie Tango' which instantly identifies you as being from England and a member of the Charlie Tango DX group. If the DX station calls you back you can then add the rest of your numbers (your membership number from the England members) for call identification. 

It's never really the mouthful that people assume even with DX conditions. If calling CQ it's helpful to transmit your call sign several times over so that any QSB or fading will be overcome with the DX station catching at least part of your call sign on more than one occasion.

The Charlie Tango DX group has worldwide membership and recognised as such with the website being easily found so that DX stations can confirm your call sign or even contact you further with any details you have here, or even indeed on the forum if they wish to QSL or confirm contact with you.

None too bad for a free site, with a free call sign and no membership fees.

Charlie Tango - Ran by volunteer radio enthusiasts for the benefit of other radio enthusiasts.

Razz229, Les-1, DerekF and Kenton like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Kenton
Kenton

Equipment Used : UK 40 FM : Midland 77-104uk (from new) / Midland 77-095 / Kernow Beta 1100 / RM KL 203 P /// PMR 446: Baofeng UV5R III

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 10:23 pm

Good Evening Victor, thank you ever so much for doing that, it is very much appreciated. Also, may I thank you for the extra information regarding the call sign waffle. Made interesting reading.
Looking forward to putting my new call sign into action tomorrow!
All the very best, and thanks again for sorting, at this late hour.

Chris.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 10:26 pm

No worries at all Chris, you're more than welcome. sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) 1f44d 

I was on the radio in my shack anyway.....the radio hobby can get to you like that! Very Happy

Have fun & 73's to you.

Kenton likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kenton
Kenton

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 10:41 pm

Thanks again Victor, I used to have a home base setup many years ago at my parents house, and would spend many long hours during the evening and later, speaking to my local net. I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately, I am purely mobile these day's, as I cannot put up an antenna where I live now. Sad, but true.

Likewise, 73's to you.  Cool

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 6:39 am

Don't worry about not having a home base setup with a large antenna Chris as many members here run strictly mobile operations and make some truly awesome DX contacts. sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) 1f44d 

(Check out our 11m section for great examples : https://charlietangodxgroup.forumotion.com/t3690-11m-conditions )

With a mobile setup you can find high ground more easily than adding scaffold poles to increase a home base antenna height. Much more easy to get away from QRM or local interference too!

SSB or sideband radios are the way to go for longer distance contacts and the preferred mode nowadays.(Always was really.) With the fun of 'summer skip' coming up and increased solar cycle activity the DX opportunities should be more than enough to wet any radio enthusiasts whistle. 

I wish you well with it all and also hope that you catch some local activity whether near home or whilst out and about.

Kenton likes this post

Back to top Go down
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 9:18 am

Hi Chris, welcome to the CTDX Group, I'm sure I'll be speaking to you at some point as I'm just up the road at Tolworth
73s 
Steve.

Victor and Kenton like this post

Back to top Go down
Kenton
Kenton

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 11:28 am

Victor wrote:
Don't worry about not having a home base setup with a large antenna Chris as many members here run strictly mobile operations and make some truly awesome DX contacts. sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) 1f44d 

(Check out our 11m section for great examples : https://charlietangodxgroup.forumotion.com/t3690-11m-conditions )

With a mobile setup you can find high ground more easily than adding scaffold poles to increase a home base antenna height. Much more easy to get away from QRM or local interference too!

SSB or sideband radios are the way to go for longer distance contacts and the preferred mode nowadays.(Always was really.) With the fun of 'summer skip' coming up and increased solar cycle activity the DX opportunities should be more than enough to wet any radio enthusiasts whistle. 

I wish you well with it all and also hope that you catch some local activity whether near home or whilst out and about.
Hello Victor,  thank you so much for that. Great information. I have only ever worked UK 40 so know very little about the various sidebands. I do try to keep up with things though lol. I have looked at the 11m section, and there is some great stuff there! I will also look at using the eQSL site too, that looks very useful. Bring on the summer skip, and loads more people venturing out!
All the best,
Chris.
Back to top Go down
Kenton
Kenton

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 11:31 am

StevieG wrote:
Hi Chris, welcome to the CTDX Group, I'm sure I'll be speaking to you at some point as I'm just up the road at Tolworth
73s 
Steve.
Hello Stevie, many thanks for the message. Thats great! You are not far from me at all, especially as I work in Epsom. I will give you a shout if you let me know when you are most likely to be on?
All the very best, and thanks so much again.

StevieG likes this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 6:45 pm

Hello and welcome, Chris.

73s John.

Kenton likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kenton
Kenton

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 6:57 pm

John123 wrote:
Hello and welcome, Chris.

73s John.
Hello there John, Thank you, pleased to be here finally! 👍

John123 likes this post

Back to top Go down
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 7:23 am

No worries Chris, I'm usually floating about on SSB chasing those Div no's not in the log yet, 112 logged on this cycle so far and conditions set to improve further. Will listen out for you on the bands 😁

Kenton likes this post

Back to top Go down
steve1uk
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4793
QTH or Location : DURHAM
Equipment Used : CRE 8900

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 10:59 am

hi and welcome

Kenton likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kenton
Kenton

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 4:03 pm

steve1uk wrote:
hi and welcome
Hello to you too Steve, many thanks. Glad to be here. Great site, and great bunch of people!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for Call Sign (Issued)   sign - Application for Call Sign (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application for Call Sign (Issued)
Page 1 of 1