Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
We need more radios Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:33 pm by Vasilis

» NATO 2000 Restoration
We need more radios Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:30 pm by micscave

» New Member (Issued)
We need more radios Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:30 pm by Mr T

» Help needed
We need more radios Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

» New member introduction. (Issued)
We need more radios Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:19 pm by stealth 57

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
We need more radios Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:11 pm by GaryWilson

» what was your first radio and antenna
We need more radios Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
We need more radios Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 am by Razz229

» CB Radio Featured in Film and Tv
We need more radios Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:41 am by Razz229

Keywords
meter antenna call lincoln sign display supply frequency ss9900 software yaesu Baofeng 9900 2023 ALINCO callsign president power Sirio Mckinley list 6900 chart 2022 Mobile anytone
QRZ Database

We need more radios

Go down 
+3
43CT016
13oots2
john10001
7 posters
AuthorMessage
john10001

Call Sign : 26-CT-4829
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Leeds
Equipment Used : President Bill II

We need more radios Empty
PostSubject: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2023 8:06 pm

You know what's a travesty in the world of ham radio? The shortage of 10 & 12-metre multimode radios. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack, with only the McKinley, 6900, and 9900 making appearances. And guess what? These elusive radios have decided to play hard to get by hiking up their prices! It's like they're taunting us.  Take for example the President McKinley, in the last three years its price has soared by around 50 percent.

Finding a 10 & 12-metre multimode radio feels like an impossible mission. Blame it on the chip shortage and the ongoing recession — many radios are discontinued or perpetually out of stock, fueling our frustration.

With limited options like the McKinley, 6900, and 9900, the prices have soared, leaving shelves empty and frustration mounting. 

We're counting on industry leaders like President, CRT, Alinco, Anytone, K-PO, Albrecht, and more to save the day. We yearn for their innovation, delivering small-sized radios, with big displays, packed with impressive features, and great audio quality.

It's not just the 10 and 12-metre multimode radios that are breaking the bank; it's an epidemic that's spreading across the entire radio spectrum. From the luxurious HF base stations to the agile mobile, handheld and QRP rigs, the prices are soaring to new heights. It's like they want to keep us all longing and empty-handed. 

Just like a rollercoaster ride, economic downturns eventually come to an end. When that happens, brace yourself for an avalanche of sales and discounts. Companies that survive the next 18 months will be itching to make up for lost time. So, be patient and keep your wallet ready. The day will come when you can snag your dream radio at a price that won't make you question your life choices.

Tristar, Miura and Mavic2Pro like this post

Back to top Go down
13oots2
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4694, M7EUS
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Dorchester UK
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT950, 66FT Endfed Antenna, Various Other Bits and Pieces

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2023 10:22 pm

The root of the problem is probably the market segment, not a great number of users to actually buy the product. Whilst not defending the prices, manufacturers have to develop the radios then source the components and build them. Add to that scarcity of some chips and transistors and inflation, it all adds up to an increasingly expensive hobby.

Even older radios are commanding good prices on the market, I have just bought a 12 year old ham radio, and that made my credit card sting and my eyes water.
Back to top Go down
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700/IC-705

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2023 8:22 am

Well, funny you should mention that....I'm about to sell both my 9900 (Known over here as the Anytone 6666) and my President Grant II.  Just don't use them....no clue what they would cost to send to the UK, but if you're struggling, happy to chat via PM and find out.
Back to top Go down
Miura
Contributor
Contributor
Miura

Call Sign : 26-CT-4388
QTH or Location : Cirencester
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTDX10 | Ranger RCI-2995 DX HP | Sirio 2008 Antenna

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 10:46 am

I feel your pain. I bought a MC Kinley a year and a half ago, good radio but very small display and annoying combination of keys to access simple functions. Also needed to purchase an amp in order to properly DX. Add to that the fact that I had to expand the radio myself. After that I decided to get a Ranger base station RCI 2995 DX cf but could only purchase it in the US with no warranty and at a very steep price…not easy these days. I should have got a ham radio open to 11 meters right from the start as not that much more expensive than multi standard radios and way more effective…
Back to top Go down
https://gc20.pagesperso-orange.fr/

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 3:14 pm

13oots2 wrote:
The root of the problem is probably the market segment, not a great number of users to actually buy the product. Whilst not defending the prices, manufacturers have to develop the radios then source the components and build them. Add to that scarcity of some chips and transistors and inflation, it all adds up to an increasingly expensive hobby.

Even older radios are commanding good prices on the market, I have just bought a 12 year old ham radio, and that made my credit card sting and my eyes water.
Well I have just got a new 10m radio from a secret suppler for a fantastic price Shocked that cant and will never beaten cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 4:10 pm

Wheel Nut wrote:
13oots2 wrote:

Well I have just got a new 10m radio from a secret suppler for a fantastic price Shocked  that cant and will never beaten cheers bounce
That's nice.
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 2-CT-216
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Palmdale California
Equipment Used : Base RCI 2950 Mirage, Mirage M75 Amatuer Bi-Linear Amplifier,with a Antron 99 base station antenna, Mobile radio Cobra 29 LTD Classic and Wilson 1000 Mag Mount Antenna, Marko F100 Amplifier.

PostSubject: Multi-band radios    We need more radios Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 7:15 pm

I know, i just bought a used RCI 2950 Mirage, i won't say how much i paid for it but it was quite a lot. 
Back to top Go down
Tonyvic
Major contributor
Major contributor
Tonyvic

Call Sign : 26-CT-4013/M7DVQ
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Brighton, East Sussex
Equipment Used : Yaesu 991a - Imax 2000 - CRT Electro - Sharman X50

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 8:21 pm

Wheel Nut wrote:
13oots2 wrote:

Well I have just got a new 10m radio from a secret suppler for a fantastic price Shocked  that cant and will never beaten cheers bounce
Is the radio make/model also a secret Bernie? tongue Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://allradio.co.uk
13oots2
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4694, M7EUS
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Dorchester UK
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT950, 66FT Endfed Antenna, Various Other Bits and Pieces

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 3:42 am

It was a CRT 9900, I won't and can't be beaten on price Wink

Alan Pilot and Tristar like this post

Back to top Go down
Miura
Contributor
Contributor
Miura

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 8:41 am

Why the secrecy?…🤔
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 8:45 am

Miura wrote:
Why the secrecy?…🤔
 We need more radios 1f60f  We need more radios 1f60f  We need more radios 1f60f  We need more radios 1f60f  We need more radios 1f60f  i might have an idea lol.

Miura likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 11:52 am

Alan Pilot wrote:
Miura wrote:
Why the secrecy?…🤔
 We need more radios 1f60f  We need more radios 1f60f  We need more radios 1f60f  We need more radios 1f60f  We need more radios 1f60f  i might have an idea lol.
Have a guess Laughing  hehehe
Back to top Go down
Miura
Contributor
Contributor
Miura

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 11:57 am

Stolen 🙈

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 12:04 pm

Miura wrote:
Stolen 🙈
WHAT !!!   Shocked   affraid    OK if you insist it was given to me  We need more radios 1f44d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 12:06 pm

13oots2 wrote:
It was a CRT 9900, I won't and can't be beaten on price Wink
I second that  We need more radios 1f44d
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 2-CT-216
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Palmdale California
Equipment Used : Base RCI 2950 Mirage, Mirage M75 Amatuer Bi-Linear Amplifier,with a Antron 99 base station antenna, Mobile radio Cobra 29 LTD Classic and Wilson 1000 Mag Mount Antenna, Marko F100 Amplifier.

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2023 11:53 pm

From 2CT216

My RCI 2950 Mirage is a multimode 10 & 12 meter radio which has been opened for 11 meters also, 10 watts FM AM and CW, 25 watts PEP on SSB, also had a compression board installed in it. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need more radios   We need more radios Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need more radios
Page 1 of 1