Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» I moved to new city (Actioned)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:39 pm by Dutchie19

» Hello everyone
South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:20 pm by John123

» Call sign request
South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:18 pm by John123

» RE:TC call sign
South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:12 pm by John123

» South Coast PMR net report
South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeToday at 9:23 am by Razz229

» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:08 pm by John H

» CAll Sign for division 26 (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 pm by Rizzer100

» Replacement K-PO DX5000 Microphone
South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:42 pm by Lynton

Keywords
meter 2022 antenna power ALINCO 6900 list yaesu chart Sirio lincoln frequency callsign Mckinley call 2023 display Mobile software 9900 anytone president Baofeng sign ss9900 supply
QRZ Database

South Coast PMR net report

Go down 
+22
Chris CT
DerekF
skyrider
Tonyvic
andyreigatehill43
John Patrick
TheReverend
Sharpshooter
Hooded Claw
Wireless
Nigel_AB
Paddy
Victor
A5H5ATAN1C
Alamo
stephen Gunrunner
morris
Tdmtaffy
Mau5matt
26CT1074
Pacman
Razz229
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a CRT Space U, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2022 7:13 pm

Nigel_AB wrote:
Razz229 wrote:
Nigel_AB wrote:
The following day I realised I had forgotten to put any cakes or biscuits out for the after-party.

Hi Nigel

I thought that was because the after party was only going to be 15 minutes!  lol!
I'll make sure I have biscuits ready in future, just in case!

If you say to much Nigel. We might have more people visiting Radio Corner and taking all the space! 🎂🍰🍪🍫🧁🍩
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a CRT Space U, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2022 10:54 pm

Hello all and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the the South Coast PMR net

or

"can I have a 6, 47, 105 and Happy New Year"

The net was on Monday 31st of January 2022 and started at about 8ish South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f557 , it can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875 MHz
My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex.
Equipment used was the TYT TH9000D and Mr 187's beam & mast.

The weather was cold & clear and at it's lowest and the temperature was below 3 degrees.

Starting from the bottom of my sheet of paper, here is the list of stations that called in.

CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--(with crayon 🖍️ and paper📄)
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--(2nd location for the night)
TE 032--Adam--Southend on Sea--Essex
KP 441--Steve--Henfield--West Sussex
CT 4392--Rufus--Bluebell Hill--Kent
PIP 57--Paul--Bracknell--Berkshire--heard calling out for the net
CT 1074--Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex
TM 3006--Michael--Devils Dyke--West Sussex--(working a handy)
TM 145--Steve--Devils Dyke--West Sussex--Minder to the 2 on the Dyke
CT 2236--Dan--Wrotham Hill--Kent
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham--Hill--Kent--(working a handy)
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate--Surrey
CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent
C V M--Nigel--Crowborough--East Sussex--(1st location of the night)
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--East Sussex
CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
TK 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent

That's it for the list of stations that called in.
Thank you to Mr 187 for the use of his mast and beam 👍🏻
Sorry if we missed you calling in or I have made a mistake in my review.
Let me know and I will be happy to correct it.

Topics of conversation, Michael TM 3006 walking around a dark Devils Dyke and finding the sweet spot so his handy worked, Chinses New Year🐯 , the green light on Dean CT 1829's beam and Mr 187, Ray C5 and myself being the 3 wise men of radio following a green star round and round (if you was there it was funny 😆), funny comment of the night was a unnamed station announcing to all "I'm fully up" 🤣

That's it for this episode
See you all next time and don't forget to to like 👍🏻 dislike 👎🏻 or leave a comment.

Ray
CT 2290

Last edited by Razz229 on Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left a station off the list ????????‍♂️)

Victor, Little lewie and Rufus1969 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 6:26 am

Wibble!

Obviously for experimental research and reception purposes only. South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f44d

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 9:43 am

Victor wrote:
Wibble!

Obviously for experimental research and reception purposes only. South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f44d

An interesting read and it's good to recycle.

Yes Yes I totally agree

Experimental research and reception purposes only  😉😉

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 9:07 pm

Hello all and welcome to another, Ray reviews the PMR net.
This review is sponsored by the Eeyore Comedy Club.

So on with the first joke 

2 birds sitting on a perch, 1 says to the other 1 "can you smell fish?"😀

The net was held on Monday the 7th of February 2022 and started at about 8ish  South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f557 
My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the County of East Sussex.
Radio used was the TYT TH9000D and the £1 mag mount.
The weather was wet, foggy with a chilly wind.

Before my list, here is another joke from our sponsors

Why do Lions eat raw meat?
Because they can't cook! 😀

Here is my list of stations that called in and was heard/worked by the net.

CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent
CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--green🟢light glowing in the fog
Paul M--Wrotham Hill--Kent
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--working under the watchful eye of the station commander!
C V M--Nigel--Crowborough--East Sussex
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex
TE 032--Adam--Southend--Essex
Steve R--Near Rochester--Kent
And me, CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex.

Did you hear about the pony with a cough?
It was a little horse! 😀

Thank you all who called in and spent time with us.
Sorry to those that tried and we didn't hear.

Topics of conversation were about Fishing (both freshwater and sea), the weather, how long is the £1 mag mount whip, the visits from both the Forest Rangers and police, the Sunday 8 at 8 PMR net and should you use a 11m SWR meter on PMR?

That's it for this episode, let me know, by giving this a like, if you want more from the Eeyore Comedy Club.

TTFN

Ray
Keeper of the log and the man with Crayons🖍️  and paper 🧻

Last edited by Razz229 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add something)
Back to top Go down
Wireless
Major contributor
Major contributor

Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Shrewsbury
Equipment Used : kit

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 9:24 pm

The Police turned up?

Just offer them a mug of tea and biscuits.
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 9:28 pm

Wireless wrote:
The Police turned up?

Just offer them a mug of tea and biscuits.

Tried that and they backed away  lol!
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 10:09 pm

💖
Hello all and welcome to another, Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net, aka South Coast PMR net

or

"How much car park does Mr 187 want?"
💖
So after the success of the last review and the avalanche of likes, there will be no more jokes from the Eeyore Comedy Club ☹

On with the review.
The net was held on February 14th 2022 or better know as Valentine's day💖 and did you know that St Valentine is also the saint of Beekeepers 🐝
My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex and the set up was the TYT TH9000D and the mast and beam combination of Mr 187.
The weather at the beginning of the night was chilly with some broken cloud showing the almost full  South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f314  moon. At the end of the night, the clouds had cleared, the temperature had dropped and the moon was casting shadows across the car park.
💖
Here is my list of stations that called in

C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
CT 1829--Dean--Edenbridge--Kent (🤒 feeling under the weather)
CT 4362--Chris--Redhill--Surrey (sneaking out of work to get on the radio)
CT 940--Richard--Leith Hill--Surrey
DS 01--Pru--Leith Hill--Surrey (out with 940 for a romantic 💞 night of radio!)
CT 3466--Ray C5--Crowhurst--Surrey
Paul M--Vigo Village--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex and mobile 🚗 in West Sussex
TE 500--Andy--Faversham--Kent
And me, CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
💖
Thanks to all who called in

Some of the topics of conversation on the night were, the very scientifically proof that blue socks are the best colour for keeping your feet warm, what position or were should the end stop be on a rotator, Nigel's photography, Paul M's self built ATU and the footprint of 187's 80 & 40 meter inverted V.
💖
That's it for this episode, like👍🏻, dislike👎🏻 or leave a comment

💖
TTFN, 73s, cheers n beers 10-10

Ray
CT 2290
💖

Victor, Little lewie and Nigel_AB like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 11:16 pm

Hello all and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR net

or

"it's going, it's going, ***k it's been blown over in the wind 😡"

The net was held on Monday 21st of February 2022 and started at about  South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f557  8ish (if you tune in early, you can catch some chatting and warming up for the net 😉😉)
My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex or JO-01-bb and after all the wind & rain, it was a cold, calm, clear night.
My set up was the TYT TH9000D and 187's mast topped with a beam.

Here is the list of stations that called in.
All stations are 26 division (no wait, that's for Thursdays net report!)

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--(wheeling & dealing)
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--(thank you for the beer 🍺 )
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--(after net refreshments 🫖 & 🍪's )
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate--Surrey--(in the warm)
TK 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent--( 🧦 )
Hadlow Hustler--Dick--Hadlow--Kent
Paul M--Wrotham Hill--Kent
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent (the listening 👂 station)
KP 441--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
Ricky on the ridge--Hasting--East Sussex--(working a handy, walking around and finding the sweet spot 😀 )
CT 2453--Chris--Bexhill--East Sussex
CM 01--Jason--Blackheath--Southeast London
CT 4092--Tom--Blackheath--Southeast London--(shouting out while on the Lima Tango Net)
593--Graham--Higham--Kent
CT 9484--Mark--Haslemere--Surrey
Kevin--Sittingbourne--Kent
Andy--Faversham--Kent
and me, CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--(the one with a pen 🖊️ & paper 🧻 )

What a surprise it was to have so many call in after the weekend of storms, it goes to show that you can't keep a keen radio operator off air!

Thank you all who called in

Now for the topics of conversation.
It was noted by many that everybody's audio seemed to be clearer and more crisp. 
Compliments made to Ricky, using a handy while pedestrian mobile.
Confirmation, after extensive research, that Blue  South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f535  socks do keep your feet warmer than Red  South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f534  socks. 
How radio got a camping stove to someone who was without electricity for 3 days. 
Dean starting a bidding frenzy for his mast.
And I had an idea. Could the Monday PMR net shout out, via Tom, on the Lima Tango Net and how would they log it?

That's it for this episode and don't forget to like 👍, dislike👎 or leave comment.

10-10 till we do it again

Ray
CT2290

Last edited by Razz229 on Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Victor, Little lewie and Nigel_AB like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 9:16 am

Hello Ray,Well I finally made the Log on your South Coast PMR even though it was via a third party..😄 pig 😀
Joking aside I’ve wondered for weeks who was sat in that car on my secret spot.It’s only when I saw CM 01 start swinging that beam around I knew he was one of us and not my 27 MHz stalker.I haven’t forgotten my loyalties as a new Dual band antenna has been purchased and I’ll see how well it performs next Monday night if not I’ll just follow that other broke swinging his do da…lol
Ray not sure about the cross net logging as once LT 727 discovers PMR it will be echos and radio checks galore.
Cheers Geezer.
Tom 26CT4029 🐊
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 10:29 am

Chickenfoot@1987 wrote:
Hello Ray,Well I finally made the Log on your South Coast PMR even though it was via a third party..😄 pig 😀
Joking aside I’ve wondered for weeks who was sat in that car on my secret spot.It’s only when I saw CM 01 start swinging that beam around I knew he was one of us and not my 27 MHz stalker.I haven’t forgotten my loyalties as a new Dual band antenna has been purchased and I’ll see how well it performs next Monday night if not I’ll just follow that other broke swinging his do da…lol
Ray not sure about the cross net logging as once LT 727 discovers PMR it will be echos and radio checks galore.
Cheers Geezer.
Tom 26CT4029 🐊

Hi Tom 🐊

Your brave talking to someone waving his do da about on Blackheath😲🤣
But you made it, even if it was by yelling over to Jason CM 01.😀

Dean has got a new dual band antenna and it seemed to be working well on Monday.

I know Jake LT 01/CT 2151 has tried PMR in the past, so he might just like a once only, never to be repeated cross net "HELLO".

Catch you on the air mate

Ray
26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 10:48 am

Razz229 wrote:
Chickenfoot@1987 wrote:
Cheers Geezer.
Tom 26CT4029 🐊

Hi Tom 🐊

Your brave talking to someone waving his do da about on Blackheath😲🤣
But you made it, even if it was by yelling over to Jason CM 01.😀

Dean has got a new dual band antenna and it seemed to be working well on Monday.

I know Jake LT 01/CT 2151 has tried PMR in the past, so he might just like a once only, never to be repeated cross net "HELLO".

Catch you on the air mate

Ray
26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Cheers Ray 📶
Looking forward to trying that new dual bander and finally losing my PMR cherry 🍒 
Tom 🐊
26CT4029
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 10:26 pm

Hello all and welcome to another Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"Wear your Mushroom 🍄 with pride"

The net was held on Monday 28th of February 2022 and started about  South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f557 8 o'clock.
If you are about earlier, give a call out on channel 14 as there is sometimes a pre-net chat going on.
My set up was the TYT TH9000D and the "famous" £1 mag mount and the location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex.
The weather was cloudy, windy and wet.

Here list of stations that called in.

KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Dodging paying rent to Graham.
CT 1829--Dean--Woldingham Ridge--Surrey--Trying somewhere new.
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Offering me hot water for a Coffee.
TK 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent--Blue socks 🧦 are the best
DK ??--Ricky on the Ridge--Hastings--East Sussex
Hadlow Hustler--Dick--Hadlow--Kent
Joker--Steve--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Glad to hear you again 😀
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate--Surrey--Working a handy & Sputnik antenna
CT 4029--Tom--Blackheath--Southeast London
GE 12--Tim--St Leonards--East Sussex
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex
CT 940--Richard--Reigate Hill--Surrey
DS 01--Pru--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Station commander to CT 940 Richard
  ??  --Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Working a handy and still trying to find the sweet spot
Steve R--Near Rochester--Kent
CT 4392--Rufus--Bluebell Hill--Kent--Showing off his new antenna 👍
RB 456--Nick--East Grinstead--West Sussex
  ??  --Robert--Blackheath--Southeast London
KP 441--Steve--Mobile--East Sussex
CT 1829--Dean--Mobile--Kent/Surrey border
And me, CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--With Crayon 🖍️ and 🧻 to record the night for history.

Contacts of the night was Ricky to Dean, a distance of about 38 miles or 62 kms and KP 441 to Robert, a distance of about 40 miles or 64 kms

Thank you all who called in.

Give a like 👍 , dislike 👎 or leave a comment

Cheers n Beers

Ray
CT 2290

PS 
If you have read this far down
Can you, without using the Interweb, say where "Wear your Mushroom with pride" comes from?

Victor, Little lewie and Rufus1969 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 6:57 am

I may not have had any luck with prop or a 'link-up' Ray but still love reading your reports and seeing how many are involved.
Glad that you still all enjoy yourself. South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f44d 

Very apt for current affairs there Ray and a sombre note for those of us old enough to have lived with the fear of the 'duck and cover', 'three minute warning' and the later animated film 'When The Wind Blows'.

Whoops Apocalypse. Wink

That'll definitely give cause for complaint about QRM levels!

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 10:08 pm

Victor wrote:
I may not have had any luck with prop or a 'link-up' Ray but still love reading your reports and seeing how many are involved.
Glad that you still all enjoy yourself. South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f44d 

Very apt for current affairs there Ray and a sombre note for those of us old enough to have lived with the fear of the 'duck and cover', 'three minute warning' and the later animated film 'When The Wind Blows'.

Whoops Apocalypse. Wink

That'll definitely give cause for complaint about QRM levels!

I have my fingers crossed that the planets will align and we will, one day, exchanged a word or hear an "end of transmission tone" from each other 🙏🤞

It is becoming more difficult to think up the sub title for the net. 
I nearly used "The Day After" (inspired by the 80's film of the same name) but went for a bit of humour instead.

Yes I remember the public service films, 'When the wind blows', the aforementioned 'The Day After' and 'Threads'

Full points on Whoops Apocalypse  South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f600 (tv series or film?)

The extra QRM would get lost amongst the Olga taxi controllers, 1kw Italians, 10kw American stations and the odd music/dead keyer 😀

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 10:37 pm

I think you do rather well with the titles Ray often cracking up and thinking what a clever bugger you are! Wink

I didn't realise there was a film but remember the short run sitcom and recollect the woman on the titles rattling a tin with her vending tray stating ' wear your mushroom with pride'. Cleverly apt.
(Vending tray......goes to show how old I am. Remember the girls in the 'flicks' selling cigarettes? Very Happy )

I refuse to look it up in case I actually find out I've lost me marbles and not recollecting properly. South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f44d 

Always enjoy the reports Ray and somehow makes me feel a part of it all.

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 2:52 pm

Victor wrote:
I think you do rather well with the titles Ray often cracking up and thinking what a clever bugger you are! Wink

I didn't realise there was a film but remember the short run sitcom and recollect the woman on the titles rattling a tin with her vending tray stating ' wear your mushroom with pride'. Cleverly apt.
(Vending tray......goes to show how old I am. Remember the girls in the 'flicks' selling cigarettes? Very Happy )

I refuse to look it up in case I actually find out I've lost me marbles and not recollecting properly. South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f44d 

Always enjoy the reports Ray and somehow makes me feel a part of it all.

I try and make the alternative titles fun clown and connect with the net, this one just  worked with the current times.

I prefer the TV series over the film.

Yes I remember being at the cinema 📽️ and the film stopping half way through or was it the break between the short and main film? So you could by sweets 🍬 , drinks, ice creams 🍧 and ciggies 🚬 for the parents.

A cinema filled with smoke. . . .(cough cough)

I look at the PMR reports on Charlie Tango as an extension of the net, people can post their review of the net as seen through there eyes, join in and follow up on some of the topics or just ask questions.
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2022 8:59 pm

Hello all and welcome, to another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR Net

or

" #Where's Callum?"

The net was held on Monday 7th of March 2022, on channel 14 PMR or 446.16875MHz and started at about 8ish  South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f557  PM
My set up was the TYT TH9000D and a 8 element beam atop a ex-military mast, curtesy of Mr 187.

My location was. . . . . .

The normal place of Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex

The weather was clear and mild at the beginning of the night, by the time we packed up it was a lot colder. There was also a crescent  South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f319  moon out, and as the evening went on, the moon disappeared over the horizon getting bigger and redder as it went. 
In fact it had got colder during the net and 3, yes 3!, gritter lorries  South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f68d  went past Radio Corner.

Now for the important bit, the list of stations that called in. 
So in no order

C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
  ??  --Barclay--Tonbridge--Kent--Welcome to the net 👋
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Ready to run if Graham comes for the rent 😆
CT1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 1829--Dean--Ide Hill--Kent
CT 1023--Andy Roughneck--Eastbourne--East Sussex--1 of the founders of this very net 🙇
MD 26--Dave--Bexhill--East Sussex
DDB 248--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Welcome to the net 👋
Joker (DDB 285)--Steve--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Bart Man--Andy--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate/Redhill--Surrey--Working a handy, under a tree 🌳 in the freezing c c cold!
TE 500--Andrew--Faversham--Kent
And me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Keeper of the log 🪵

A brief mention for CT 940 Richard who was doing a bit of SWL.

That concludes the list. 
Thank you all who called in and don't forget, the net is open to all

Like 👍 , dislike 👎 or leave a comment

Cheers n Beers 🍻

Ray 
CT 2290

Victor and Little lewie like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 9:41 pm

Hello all and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night South Coast PMR net

or

" The good , the bad and oops I did it again 😞 "

The net was held on Monday 14th of March and starts at about 8 o'clock. The net can be found and channel 14 PMR or 446.16875MHz.
My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex and equipment used was the  TYT TH9000D  Anytone handy (thanks to Nigel) with the beam and mast combination thanks to Mr 187.
The weather for the night was mild and cloudy but did get colder as the night went on.

So the GOOD. 😀
The French could be heard chatting and the net did call out for them but it seemed as if the Tropo ducting was only working one way.

The BAD. 😠
2 stations chatting about an electrician job, were wiring needed to be ripped out of the distribution board. They did QSY once they heard there name and callsign mention and that it was disappointing that members from another net would act in such a way!

Oops I did it again. 😒
I wired up another radio the wrong way, red to negative and black to positive and it went pop! Which gave the radio a range of the car park.
The thing that hurts, is the radio is special as it was a gift to me, many years ago, from Drew FB 131.

So on with the list of stations that called in and were heard and worked by the net.

CamperVan Man--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
CT 1829--Dean--Edenbridge--Kent
CT 2236--Dan--Wrotham Hill--Kent
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
CT 1023--Andy Roughneck--Eastbourne--East Sussex
MD 26--Dave--Bexhill--East Sussex
Mr 187--Toby--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
Joker (DDB 285)--Steve--Reigate Hill--Surrey
DDB 248--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Bart Man--Andy--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey (Welcome to the net and working a handy)
CT 941--Richard--Reigate Hill--Surrey
DS 01--Pru--Reigate Hill--Surrey (shotgun with Richard)
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate--Surrey (bottom of the hill)
AL 01--Alan--Redhill--Surrey (welcome to the net)
And myself, CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That concludes my list of the night. 
Thank you all who called in (the net is open to all) and sorry to those that we have missed.

Feel free to leave a like 👍, dislike 👎 or even a comment

Cheers n Beers 🍻

Ray
CT 2290

Victor and Little lewie like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 10:09 pm

All I had in my head Ray was Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef and Britney Spears!!! Very Happy

(Weird music video going on in my head now.)

Sorry to hear about your radio mishaps and hope you can get it sorted. About time you started using bigger diodes and smaller fuses!

Glad you all had a good net despite the odd issues. Well done again mate and my best to you all. South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f44d 

Victor

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2022 8:46 am

Victor wrote:
All I had in my head Ray was Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef and Britney Spears!!! Very Happy

(Weird music video going on in my head now.)

Sorry to hear about your radio mishaps and hope you can get it sorted. About time you started using bigger diodes and smaller fuses!

Glad you all had a good net despite the odd issues. Well done again mate and my best to you all. South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f44d 

Victor

Britney could play the part of the "ugly" when she had her head shaving moment.
I wondering now what a collaboration between Britney and Ennio Morricone would sound like? 

Whistle Wah Wah Wah, Whistle Wah Wah Wah, Whistle I did it again. . . .

😅 Ha Ha Ha Ha

Diodes & fuses!
Nigel (CVM) did question why radio manufactures don't put a Schottky Diode in the power lead and fuses I need to buy some more, again 😬

The people on the net, the after net coffee ☕ and biscuits 🍪 , the generosity of both Mr 187 and Nigel who offered the use of spare handheld radios and George who has offered to look 👀 at the radio,  turned my night around.

Ray

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 9:03 pm

Hello all and welcome to another underwhelming Ray reviews the South Coast PMR net

or

"Does a bigger number mean a better radio?"

The net was on Monday 21st of March 2022 and is on channel 14.

My location was a dark and empty Radio Corner, with only the stars✨ , the deer's 🦌 and the mist or low cloud☁ , on the horizon.

My set up for the night, was not the dead, fried, knackered, blown to bits TYT TH-9000D, but a TYT TH-9800 Quad band radio pushing it's mighty watts into the now famous £1 mag mount.

But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. 

🎆Thank you to Nigel and Neil CT 2027 (I think it is) for the new (to me) radio🎆

Now for the list of who's who and who called in.
So in no order, it goes something like this. . . . .

??  --Paul M--Wrotham Hill--Kent
TG 25--Keith--Canvey Island--Essex
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 1829--Dean--Edenbridge--Kent
DK--Ricky on the ridge--Hastings--East Sussex
The Hadlow Hustler--Dick--Hadlow--Kent
C V M--Nigel--Reigate Hill--Surrey
All the faint, in amongst the noise stations that could just be heard
And me, CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

So that concludes my list
Thank you all who called 👏 and sorry to those who we didn't hear, but please do try again.

Feel free to leave a like 👍 , dislike👎 or a comment.

Topics of conversation for the night.
How to make a radio Ray proof, which ranged from "don't give me one" to talking to Nigel (the diode & resistor king 👑)  about adding a one way diode into the power leads to stop such things from happening.
The Bexhill group on PMR channel 12
If an UHF/VHF antenna leans in a direction, could it become slightly directional in the direction it is leaning?
And the 8 at 8 PMR net on a Sunday evening in and around north Kent and Essex area.

Cheers n Beers 🍻

Ray
CT 2290

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 8:43 am

We all know that a bigger number means better Ray....."These go to eleven". Very Happy
(Classic Spinal Tap!)

As for your radio polarity woes you need to hand your radio to someone knowledgable like your Nigel - get him to fit a bridge rectifier to your radio so that it doesn't matter which way you connect it up and live with the slight voltage drop or better still get him to fit a MOSFET protection circuit. Wink

Either that or you need to practice your mantra of "Red goes to Red, Black goes to Black.....Red goes to Red, Black goes to Black....." South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f44d 

As for the leaning antenna question think 'sloper/sloping' antennas.

Pleasure reading your reports as always.

All the best,
Victor

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 9:34 pm

Victor wrote:
We all know that a bigger number means better Ray....."These go to eleven". Very Happy
(Classic Spinal Tap!)

As for your radio polarity woes you need to hand your radio to someone knowledgable like your Nigel - get him to fit a bridge rectifier to your radio so that it doesn't matter which way you connect it up and live with the slight voltage drop or better still get him to fit a MOSFET protection circuit. Wink

Either that or you need to practice your mantra of "Red goes to Red, Black goes to Black.....Red goes to Red, Black goes to Black....." South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f44d 

As for the leaning antenna question think 'sloper/sloping' antennas.

Pleasure reading your reports as always.

All the best,
Victor

With my 'current' form with radios, I would twist to 11 and the knob would come off in my hand! 🤣
Have you noticed that we seem to quote or bring films 🎞️ into our chats?

I think Nigel has already got to the radio and made it 'Ray' proof as the fuse looks very much like a diode.

Now the chanting of the mantra begins "Red is positive Black is negative, Red is positive Black is negative, Red is positive Black is negative"

Looked up sloping/Sloper antennas in my lunch break and I think I now know the answer 😉

Ray

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 10:16 pm

Quoting films?.......Ahh, you got me! Very Happy

Used to drive my missus nuts when we first met but she can quote the classics as much as me now. Wink

Glad to see Nigel has you sussed giving the radio full protection before placing it in your grubby hands. 
Keep on with that mantra just in case. South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 1f44d 

Looking forward to your next net report Ray and maybe a bit more banter as well.

All the very best to you,
Victor

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Coast PMR net report
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next