Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Request callsign....
Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeToday at 6:42 pm by 53 Prefect

» Yes, I am still breathing.
Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeToday at 6:36 pm by 53 Prefect

» 1/2 wav or 5/8 wav
Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeToday at 6:35 pm by Des Collier

» My New CB Radio YouTube channel.
Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeToday at 6:31 pm by 53 Prefect

» Call Sign Application
Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeToday at 4:10 pm by Robert Martin

» Which handheld
Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeToday at 12:58 pm by GhostRider

» Activity around Portsmouth UK
Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeToday at 10:48 am by GhostRider

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:49 pm by SangueG

» CW sidesweeper, new project
Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:13 pm by karelgol

Keywords
2023 ALINCO antenna 6900 chart list frequency callsign yaesu power sign software meter supply lincoln Mckinley 9900 Baofeng president display anytone Sirio 2022 ss9900 call Mobile
QRZ Database

Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Canobeer
Canobeer

Call Sign : 26-CT-4836
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Epsom, Surrey
Equipment Used : FT-840

Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Empty
PostSubject: Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep   Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2023 11:43 am

I have one of these old funny-mode rigs and I really like it, however, there's one thing drives me to distraction - the beep when changing channels.

Does anybody know how to shut it up?

I'm perfectly happy to perform 'surgery' if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep   Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2023 2:49 pm

Hi Richard,

As far as I'm aware much like most CB's of old it shares a chassis with another radio being the Midland 98 Plus.

The manual can be found here :-

https://manual.cbmonitor.cz/cbradio/manualy/Midland/index.php

(Just select Midland 98 at the bottom of the list to download a PDF)

It doesn't look like there's an option to turn off the 'beep' but there is a pin marked as such on the circuit diagram at the end of the manual being pin 7 of the microprocessor.

Maybe this is what you're looking for as regards a 'surgical' fix and might be worth trying to ground it bringing it low or otherwise tie it high via a resistor to the processors power line. (There must be a reason to mark the line 'beep'?)

Getcha best spectacles out. Wink

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Victor

Canobeer likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Canobeer
Canobeer

Call Sign : 26-CT-4836
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Epsom, Surrey
Equipment Used : FT-840

PostSubject: Re: Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep   Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2023 2:59 pm

Victor wrote:
(There must be a reason to mark the line 'beep'?)

In anticipation of the invective?  scratch Very Happy

Thanks for the link, I'll investigate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep   Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kernow Beta 3100 channel-select beep
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Standard Multistandard CB Radio UK/EU/Multinorm-
Jump to: