Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeToday at 9:33 pm by Vasilis

» NATO 2000 Restoration
Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeToday at 7:30 pm by micscave

» New Member (Issued)
Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeToday at 4:30 pm by Mr T

» Help needed
Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeToday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

» New member introduction. (Issued)
Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeToday at 3:19 pm by stealth 57

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeToday at 3:11 pm by GaryWilson

» what was your first radio and antenna
Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeToday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 am by Razz229

» CB Radio Featured in Film and Tv
Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeToday at 9:41 am by Razz229

Keywords
Mckinley Mobile lincoln anytone yaesu frequency meter antenna supply 6900 software 2022 callsign sign 2023 chart president ss9900 list 9900 call display power Sirio Baofeng ALINCO
QRZ Database

Getting the coax inside.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hawk657
hawk657

Call Sign : CT/X 6657
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Nuneaton - Warwickshire
Equipment Used : AT5555, CRT2000H, Midland PORTAPACK, SIRIO and FIRESTIK mobile antennas. Home built DIPOLE in the loft, T2LT and a Silver Rod going up this week (sep 23)

Getting the coax inside. Empty
PostSubject: Getting the coax inside.   Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 5:04 pm

Hi all,

Moved house again and can put up a Silver rod on T&K brackets on the side of the house.

My dilemma is how to get the COAX from the bottom of the antenna into the room.  It's a relatively short distance as the antenna will be on the outside of the actual wall to the room.  

I don't really want to run it through the window (plastic modern double glazed), but am worried if I drill through the brickwork, it'll crack all the plaster in the room.  

Are there any clever ways of getting the COAX from 'out' to 'in' ?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/@pilgrimoutdoors-uk6177/
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Getting the coax inside.   Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 5:40 pm

This is just an idea never used one myself.
through window
Back to top Go down
hawk657
hawk657

Call Sign : CT/X 6657
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Nuneaton - Warwickshire
Equipment Used : AT5555, CRT2000H, Midland PORTAPACK, SIRIO and FIRESTIK mobile antennas. Home built DIPOLE in the loft, T2LT and a Silver Rod going up this week (sep 23)

PostSubject: Re: Getting the coax inside.   Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 5:53 pm

........."I don't really want to run it through the window (plastic modern double glazed), but am worried if I drill through the brickwork, it'll crack all the plaster in the room."  

Thanks dude.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/@pilgrimoutdoors-uk6177/
peewee norfolk
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
peewee norfolk

Call Sign : 26-CT-4879 / M7PCA
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : North Walsham, JO02QU
Equipment Used : FT1000MP !!!!!!binatone 5*,alinco dx10 135,sirio4000,silver rod,G5RV,beofeng 17 pro max, X30 duel 2m/70cm,full size G5RV, TS120v,soon new toy

PostSubject: Re: Getting the coax inside.   Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 10:31 pm

use a 6mm drill bit first from both sides, (pilot hole) if modern house will be dry lined so no probs with smashing a big hole through, then a size of drill bit the same or just slightly bigger then silicone the outh side to seal, make sure you put a small u at the bottom so water can drip off and not in

hawk657 and TamGlasgow like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Getting the coax inside.   Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2023 6:13 am

The link i put was for a coax patch that goes through the opening no drilling.
It's thin and flat.

hawk657 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mitch
Contributor
Contributor
Mitch

Call Sign : M1TCH
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Leicester
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-857D, Diamond V2000, Major 3000, President Jackson Mk1, Lafayette AFS-1005, K40 mic, KL203, B550P and Sirio GPE 27 ⅝λ.

PostSubject: Re: Getting the coax inside.   Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2023 1:33 pm

I've drilled 3 holes in my wall for coax, with a hammer drill and a long 12mm masonry bit for RG213. I drilled from the inside to the outside at a downward angle so outside hole is lower than inside to keep the rain out. Silicone sealer around the holes and you're there. Drilling from the plaster side reduces the plaster damage Smile

hawk657 and Revo Mikey like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting the coax inside.   Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2023 12:13 pm

I blasted a 1 and a 1/4 inch masonry bit 24ins long through from the inside and patched up with a dash of filler and a dab of paint. "Simples"  
Took the Connector through as well.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting the coax inside.   Getting the coax inside. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting the coax inside.
Page 1 of 1