Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:33 pm by Vasilis

» NATO 2000 Restoration
request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:30 pm by micscave

» New Member (Issued)
request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:30 pm by Mr T

» Help needed
request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

» New member introduction. (Issued)
request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:19 pm by stealth 57

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:11 pm by GaryWilson

» what was your first radio and antenna
request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 am by Razz229

» CB Radio Featured in Film and Tv
request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:41 am by Razz229

Keywords
2022 Baofeng display anytone software list Sirio supply antenna yaesu president sign call Mckinley 9900 frequency callsign ss9900 6900 chart power 2023 ALINCO Mobile meter lincoln
QRZ Database

Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)

Go down 
+3
DerekF
John123
Alain
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alain

Call Sign : 14-CT-018
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Paris.
Equipment Used : Dynascan 10M66, Quansheng UV-K5, Tecsun & Xhdata receivers

request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)   request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2023 1:07 pm

Hello everyone, this is Alain from Paris, France.

I'm in my sixties now but I started CB at 14 yo with a small 6-channel, 3w Bevox transceiver that I used on my moped hooked to a modified 2m fiberglass car radio antenna and a small 12v battery attached to the back carrier.

I've been very active until my late twenties/early thirties, especially for SSB DX, after "upgrading" to a Sommerkamp TS-340DX, bought in Switzerland because no such gear was available in France at that time. My last transceiver was a President Grant 120-channel model, which unfortunately has been stolen from me since then  Crying or Very sad

I also got my "basic" amateur license in 1977 (edited) at 16 yo, which was only giving me access to the 2m VHF band then, but now gives me full access to all HF bands because the rules have changed. So I'm also a registered ham radio operator (although not active at this time), I hope it's not a red flag here  Smile

Then, radio pretty much disappeared from my life for various reasons, until a few years ago when I regained interest for this. For a couple of years, I have been very much in shortwave listening, using all sorts of hand-held receivers (Xhdata, Tecsun) and using up hundreds of meters of wire to build antennas.

Then the urge to hold a microphone came back, along with a strong nostalgia of the great CB years of the mid-80s. So I've just recently acquired new gear that I will mostly operate in mobile / portable (field antennas).

During these golden years, I belonged to two DX groups then, holding the 14E185 and ECA1670 callsigns if I remember well. Both seem gone now. I see that there are far more DX groups nowadays, but many looking dead or dying with ghost web sites.

This one seems well alive, and because I like international exchange I chose to join a foreign (to me) group instead of a French one.

So... here's my application to Charlie Tango. I hope that it will be accepted.

Sorry if this bio was too long.

Last edited by Alain on Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

John123, Les-1, glenn dog, Mavic2Pro, Al21, DerekF, Red Rooster LN-4614 and like this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)   request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2023 9:23 pm

Hello and welcome, Alain. 

That is a fantastic introduction.👍

Gary will be along to issue you with a call-sign.

Abientot et 73s John.

glenn dog and Alain like this post

Back to top Go down
DerekF
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4631....M7OGB
Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
Equipment Used : Icom F25SR, Intaride IR-803, Baofeng UV-5R, Anytone AT-778UV

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)   request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2023 10:32 pm

Great introduction Alain, made for an interesting read.

73 Derek

glenn dog and Alain like this post

Back to top Go down
Greasepump 386

Call Sign : 2-CT-249 / Greasepump 386
QTH or Location : Thomasville Georgia USA
Equipment Used : Base Station

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)   request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2023 3:24 am

Hey Alain I am new to this also

Alain likes this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)   request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2023 5:36 pm

Hello Alain, welcome to the CTDX group.

Thank you for a wonderful introduction. It definitely wasn't too long!

I am delighted to allocate you 14-CT-018 may you have good luck with it.

Best 73 Gary.

C.T. Admin.

Alain likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Alain

Call Sign : 14-CT-018
QTH or Location : Paris.
Equipment Used : Dynascan 10M66, Quansheng UV-K5, Tecsun & Xhdata receivers

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)   request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2023 12:27 pm

GaryWilson wrote:
Hello Alain, welcome to the CTDX group.

Thank you for a wonderful introduction. It definitely wasn't too long!

I am delighted to allocate you 14-CT-018 may you have good luck with it.

Best 73 Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Hello Gary and thanks for the warm welcome and the callsign.
I'm delighted to be known as 14CT018 from now on. I see that there are at least 17 other Frenchies in this group then  Very Happy
As I'm planning an outdoors DX session this afternoon, I'll make use of my new callsign.

John123, GaryWilson and Malfred like this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)   request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2023 2:15 pm

Hi Alain, you're very welcome.

There are 24 french members so by no means our largest division but all very welcome!

Let us know how you get on with the expedition. I can't play radio today but hope to work you another time!

Best 73 Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Alan moore
Alan moore

Call Sign : 26-CT-4888
QTH or Location : Whiston Merseyside
Equipment Used : Crt one Cb Radio Superstar 3900 radio unindent 125 scanner realistic home base scanner

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)   request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2023 4:49 pm

Welcome to the group hope to hear you on air soon 26-CT-4888
Alan

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)   request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2023 5:28 pm

Welcome, you have a good history with radios.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)   request - Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello folks, new member intro and call sign request (Issued)
Page 1 of 1