Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» NATO 2000 Restoration
radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:56 am by SangueG

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:39 am by chazwozza

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:33 pm by Vasilis

» New Member (Issued)
radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:30 pm by Mr T

» Help needed
radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

» New member introduction. (Issued)
radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:19 pm by stealth 57

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:11 pm by GaryWilson

» what was your first radio and antenna
radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 am by Razz229

Keywords
ALINCO call anytone software 9900 frequency yaesu list Sirio antenna power 2022 Baofeng supply display 6900 sign 2023 meter president callsign ss9900 Mobile lincoln Mckinley chart
QRZ Database

what was your first radio and antenna

Go down 
+24
silverghost
andy66
cbrmac
13CT30
AndyR
Steve234
53 Prefect
Cellar66
MM0IMC
John123
Rosssin
Jeffc8776
Mavic2Pro
43CT016
Telstar
chazwozza
Nightprowler
Alan Pilot
Northern Crusader
glenn dog
peewee norfolk
26CT1074
Victor
teapot
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andy66

Call Sign : 26-CT-5106
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Ipswich
Equipment Used : Ares II

radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what was your first radio and antenna   radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2024 7:32 pm

On my 15th birthday in December 1981 I got my first cb. It was a Commtron CB40F and I had a DV27 on a biscuit tin in the loft. Chatted up loads of girls with that setup

Mavic2Pro likes this post

Back to top Go down
silverghost

Call Sign : 26/ct/429
QTH or Location : nr guildford

PostSubject: Re: what was your first radio and antenna   radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 3:39 pm

my first radio was a midland 3001 am and dv27 mounted on the back of my mk3 cortina back in 1979

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
babis3g
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
babis3g

Call Sign : 18-CT-006
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Corfu Greece, jm99ug
Equipment Used : PNI 6500 & Sirio Boomerang 27A

PostSubject: Re: what was your first radio and antenna   radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 10:50 pm

Nice topic to read or remember some old stuff ...
Had pair of eurosonic es2000 just before 2000 when i was in UK & was in use when visiting weekend cottages because mobiles did not had such much free talk time, with that ones could speak enough when was at woods away from the other (was using the other handheld) ... still have one eurosonic, still works fine but the other is been lost ... now with pni 6500 & a sirio boomerang 27A (just installed today) at Corfu Greece ... regards
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLwycXZhdgesb28ovl5Umw
Lynton
Contributor
Contributor
Lynton

Call Sign : 26-CT-4805
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Peterborough, UK
Equipment Used : President McKinley EU or K-PO DX5000 plus + Sirio Signal Keeper, Horizontal Half Wave Dipole or Full Wave Delta Loop.

PostSubject: Re: what was your first radio and antenna   radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 6:55 pm

Now mine was a MaxCom 6E CB27/81 FM only and a WattPole antenna.
I think that's what the antenna was called anyway!
It was basically a loaded quarter wave mobile whip mounted on a ground-plane with a bracket making it suitable as a homebase antenna.

I remember there being all sorts of rumours floating around about that antenna one of which was if one mounted it upside down it would work better. As in mount it with the mobile whip pointing down and the groundplane pointing up to the sky!

I remember it working quite well for locals and stations a bit further away.
I have some lovely memories of me and my late father getting up early on a Sunday morning to join one of the several nets that used to run. The one in this area used to be chaired by "DogStar" if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Numenius

QTH or Location : Northumberland
Equipment Used : Anytone 5555

PostSubject: Re: what was your first radio and antenna   radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 am

A Ham Major that a mate taught me to add crystals to and a silver rod on a scaffold pole. Then my parents bought me a York 863 for my birthday when 27/81 came a couple of years later, with a DV27 they let me put on dads car.

Nightprowler likes this post

Back to top Go down
stealth 57

Call Sign : 26-CT-5153
QTH or Location : Harwich Essex.
Equipment Used : maycom em27 quansheng uv-k5/8/ uniden ubc355clt

PostSubject: colt   radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 am

hello all my first one was a colt 210 i think it was called i borrowed it and blew it up putting it on a battery the wrong way round with no fuse doh

Nightprowler likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what was your first radio and antenna   radio - what was your first radio and antenna - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what was your first radio and antenna
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2