Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:33 pm by Vasilis

» NATO 2000 Restoration
call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:30 pm by micscave

» New Member (Issued)
call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:30 pm by Mr T

» Help needed
call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

» New member introduction. (Issued)
call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:19 pm by stealth 57

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:11 pm by GaryWilson

» what was your first radio and antenna
call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 am by Razz229

» CB Radio Featured in Film and Tv
call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:41 am by Razz229

Keywords
lincoln Baofeng ss9900 chart meter supply display antenna 2022 2023 Mckinley ALINCO yaesu 6900 callsign 9900 Mobile frequency power call sign Sirio anytone list software president
QRZ Database

New member no call sign atm (Issued)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozzydave

Call Sign : 26-CT-5084
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Rugeley,Staffordshire
Equipment Used : Anytime 5555

call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 7:54 pm

Hi everyone just started to get into radio so may need some help. I’m disabled have renal failure  and thought this is way of breaking the boredom of dialysis , I’m based in Staffordshire. I look forward to chatting with you in near future my names Ozzy

Red Rooster LN-4614 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ozzydave

PostSubject: Could I get a callsign please    call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 10:44 pm

Hi all my names oz after a horrendous  motorcycle crash I have been left house bound and require dialysis so I’ve got a lot of time on my hands and would rather do something constructive  I look forward in hearing from some of you in near future
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 10:55 pm

Hello and welcome, Ozzy.

73s John.
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 11:08 pm

Victor or Gary will be along to issue you with a call-sign.👍
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 5:57 am

Hello Ozzy,
(Is it 'Ozzy' or is it 'Dave'?)

Welcome to Charlie Tango DX.

I'm sorry to hear of your difficult circumstances and hope that the radio interest can at least provide you a sense of relief with a worthwhile and positive preoccupation.

I'd like to clarify whether you are requesting a call sign or declaring that you don't need a call sign at the moment as unfortunately your post titling isn't all that clear.

If you are requesting a call sign then could you please add your 'QTH' being the town/city you live in or near to your profile so that I can get you allocated with one. (Click the 'Profile' button at the top of the site when you are logged in to edit your forum profile or else let me know as an answer in this posting.) 

It would also be handy if you could clarify your first name as well (Ozzy or Dave) as we usually just require a first name and don't like to allocate under nicknames. This is more of a help to yourself should you have any problems recollecting your call sign number at any time and we have to search for you in the future. (Amazingly people often forget their call sign numbers but also what 'nickname' they used.)

Just make sure to respond to this posting rather than making any new postings as I've had to fair old chase your postings around the forum and appears my colleague John (John123) has also. Forums can be a pain to navigate when you're new to them but we are here to help.

Also on a friendly concerned note it may be worth speaking with your clinician or medical personnel as regards RF or radio frequency emissions potentially affecting any medical equipment you may be utilising for your conditions. Dialysis is often carried out in a clinic/hospital setting but especially for those disabled and housebound you may be undertaking dialysis at home. Certain medical equipment can be seriously affected by RF emissions from even small output devices and items such as CB radios obviously emit a lot more RF energy potentially becoming dangerous under such circumstances. Worth checking first for your own safety.

(I had a blood glucose monitor run askew when making measurements as I'd keyed up a VHF walkie to answer someone on a repeater!)

Apologies for the long response but I'm just doing my very best to help.

I wish you well and look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Ozzydave

PostSubject: Re: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 7:53 pm

I have put Stafford. Plus the medical team says it’s ok. Prior I don’t use it tests been doing cb for a while just that I’m just studying for my foundation course for ham
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2024 5:46 am

Hello again Ozzy,

Your profile clearly states only Staffordshire hence why I asked but I shall correct this for you. I shall also allocate you a call sign based on your profile name of 'Ozzy'.

I am delighted to allocate you 26-CT-5084 may you have good luck with it.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.

I wish you the very best with your Foundation studies and good luck for your future exam. 
After being housebound disabled for nearly ten years myself now due to being a victim of a road rage attack whilst on my motorcycle and also suffering from a chronic illness the radio interest is an enjoyable distraction from the daily grind. My involvement with Charlie Tango, CB, PMR & the Amateur Radio interest certainly fulfills any enjoyment I gain from life and I hope the same will be true for you too.
Take care and 73's to you.
Back to top Go down
Ozzydave

PostSubject: Re: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2024 4:13 pm

Thank you look forward to hearing you on the air waves
Back to top Go down
Ozzydave

PostSubject: Re: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2024 7:59 pm

I’m in rugeley
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 6:22 am

Hello again Ozzy,

I did clearly ask for QTH details as your profile was originally filled in with 'Staffordshire' and being a county not a town/city needed clarification for a call sign which you then stated was Stafford. I then issued you with a call sign for that location.

Are you now stating your QTH is Rugeley and wanting me to change it for you?

You can if you wish edit it for yourself by clicking the 'Profile' button at the top of the site when logged in and then clicking the QTH section but unfortunately you won't be able to edit the call sign list.

Let me know in this posting if you wish for me to change this for you as I can edit both your forum profile for you as well as the call sign list details.

Please remember that the admin staff here are volunteers willingly given their free time to assist other radio enthusiasts to benefit their hobby pursuits. Clarity in the first instance would save everyone's time.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.

Back to top Go down
Ozzydave

PostSubject: Re: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 3:26 pm

Rugeley
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 5:21 pm

Done. call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) 1f44d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member no call sign atm (Issued)   call - New member  no call sign atm (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member no call sign atm (Issued)
Page 1 of 1