Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
please give me some info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:33 pm by Vasilis

» NATO 2000 Restoration
please give me some info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:30 pm by micscave

» New Member (Issued)
please give me some info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:30 pm by Mr T

» Help needed
please give me some info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

» New member introduction. (Issued)
please give me some info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:19 pm by stealth 57

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
please give me some info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:11 pm by GaryWilson

» what was your first radio and antenna
please give me some info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
please give me some info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 am by Razz229

» CB Radio Featured in Film and Tv
please give me some info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:41 am by Razz229

Keywords
Mckinley 2023 frequency call ss9900 callsign power supply 6900 9900 2022 yaesu list antenna ALINCO Sirio chart sign anytone meter president Baofeng display software lincoln Mobile
QRZ Database

please give me some info

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

please give me some info Empty
PostSubject: please give me some info   please give me some info Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 10:52 am

Hi im Steve I have been of air for a while well many years and would like to join the cb community in the Coventry area at the moment using the Midland Alan 42 DS but cannot find anyone please help if anyone can I use the call sighn Charlie Victor 6 for now if this is wrong please tell me hope you can help out there would love to speak to people soon many thanks yo you all.
Back to top Go down
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: please give me some info   please give me some info Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Hi Steve, welcome to the CTDX group, yes you can use CV6 or why not request a Charlie Tango one
73s
Steve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: steve needs help   please give me some info Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 2:11 pm

sorry not sure how you use this post im new to this so sorry if I get it wrong I was a cb user about 30 years ago but left due to many reasons I would love to come back now and meet people in the Coventry area but cannot find anyone my call sign is Charlie victor six , im not sure if you still use  handls but please let me know I have loved using cb and really wish to keep using it for many years, please help me get back into this excellent world of radio many many thanks cv6 steve

Email me on steveskally211@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: please give me some info   please give me some info Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Hello Steve, welcome to the forum and back to the hobby.

Firstly yes you can use any call sign or handle that you want to or we can allocate you a C.T. call sign if you would like that.

Handles like in the old days are no longer commonly used. For local chats most people use their personal names. For DX (distance) contacts call signs are the norm and operating practice is more like Amateur radio.

I'm sure there will be stations in your area but C.B. is a bit of a niche hobby now and stations are generally spread farther apart.

Your hand held will have a fairly limited range I'm afraid, in built up areas as little as one or two miles. You should try to get up to some high ground and see if that's any better or if possible get it connected to at least a half wave silver rod or similar antenna.

As you browse the forum you will see specific sections of the forum relating to different topics and you can post questions about antennas or any other subject in the appropriate section, there will always be someone who is able to help. Good luck!

Best 73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: please give me some info   please give me some info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

please give me some info
Page 1 of 1