Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking google      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
They're still there!!!!! Vote_lcapThey're still there!!!!! Voting_barThey're still there!!!!! Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
They're still there!!!!! Vote_lcapThey're still there!!!!! Voting_barThey're still there!!!!! Vote_rcap 
Matt86
Firetrap
Andybron
rabbi
mickyboy
Sgt Bilko
Blue Boy
Master Virus
Keywords
alan Baofeng Mobile callsign 9900 Messages antenna yaesu division ss9900 call Wales frequency list file Mckinley radio request power president midland Zetagi Buxton base lincoln Sirio
April 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 9 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 2 Bots

26CT231ANDY, 26TC62, doug35, Markone, NUBSTER, Sgt Bilko, Shake71, Sydthecat, Wirecutter

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

They're still there!!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vlaanderen

QTH or Location : North West U.K.
Call Sign : 26-CT-3357
Equipment Used : CRT SS6900

They're still there!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Fixed up the little Midland Alan in the truck today as I had to venture out.
Went on to Channel 19 (UK FM) and the idiots who were on abusing everything and anybody haven't gone away after over thirty five years.
Language certainly not needed, plus they were running Kenwoods and Yaesus with plenty of power.
I'm sure a lot of people around my locality packed up because of these idiots.
Back to top Go down
NUBSTER

NUBSTER

QTH or Location : PALMERS GREEN NORTH LONDON
Call Sign : 26 CT050 26 FB080 26 WT105 26 TE171
Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 9:37 pm

And yes there is another thing believe it or not alot of them are licensed Amateurs too ,and before someone sayes no there not, you dont know what your talking about cos it true.

I shall await to be slagged off for my comment
Back to top Go down
Victor

Victor

QTH or Location : Bedford
Call Sign : 26-CT-3228
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Hiya Norman,

Don't worry about it mate, think it's quite a universal thing Very Happy
Some people unfortunately will pack up just because of this sort of behaviour, which is a shame.

When I first came back to CB I had no luck on 19, (in hindsight, quite luckily!), and scanned around for days until I did find someone. Called QSK & "on the side" a few times with the eventual response being, "Whoever's calling on the side, just f*ck off!".....
Rather than anything negative I thought, "Great, my setup is working!", they obviously heard me to get back any response Very Happy

It can be the same anywhere, asshats on CB, asshats on Amateur Radio, heck asshats on forums Wink
It's just about seeing the lighter side to life and not letting the asshats ruin it for you, (which I know can be quite hard).

The old saying goes, "The world is not full of assh*les, it's just that you get to meet one every damn day!"

Some people elevate themselves by helping others up, some fool themselves to elevation by kicking others down.

Keep at it mate, you'll get the nice 'breakers' eventually Smile

73's
Victor
Back to top Go down
TJS 26CT3029

TJS 26CT3029

QTH or Location : Dudley
Call Sign : 26-CT-3029
Equipment Used : CTR SS9900 SS6900N Fidelity CB 3000FM Ham international multimode 2 Imax 2000

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 10:08 pm

I never go on the muppets now all i did is ask for my first radio check after just setup got told to f**k off same guy put music on for a couple of hours  i know the guy who did it he will not do it again i have ad a nice chat with some good guys on 19 its ups and downs
Back to top Go down
Razz229

Razz229

QTH or Location : Brightlights, West Kent
Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Equipment Used : On 11m CRE 8900, K-PO NM-532 Power Mic, Turner JM+2\U Power Mic, Moonraker 1/2 wave GPA antenna, Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9000D, a 1/4 wave GPA & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 12:31 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
And yes there is another thing believe it or not alot of them are licensed Amateurs too ,and before someone sayes no there not, you dont know what your talking about cos it true.

I've got to agree with you Martin, but what is worse, some have radio forum & facebook group callsigns Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
NUBSTER

NUBSTER

Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 3:03 pm

Razz229 wrote:
NUBSTER wrote:

I've got to agree with you Martin, but what is worse, some have radio forum & facebook group callsigns Mad Sad
I know Ray ,didnt know about Facebook cos I dont do that not interested ,but there has been some well known ars*holes on the radio(CB) over the years and most have been proven to have licences some with full licence too and even been in the newspapers about there cr*p they do and also been reported to authorities and nothing got done about it ,will not metion names but there is bunch in East London  and South London that used to and still do just block the uk19 FM and now actionly the T5 and have done for years but as radio has been quite ATM so have they and the most famous one in Glasgow who back in the mid 2000's when we had brilliant conditions on radio getting copies all over the UK and Europe he use to insult the world on SSB and everyone on UKFM ,and these ones I have mentioned have been proven to be full licence Amateurs.

Please don't take this as a dig at all Amateur Radio operators because it's not  I know there is good and bad in all radio but it just seems strange that the main ars*holes happen to be licensed.
Back to top Go down
Razz229

Razz229

QTH or Location : Brightlights, West Kent
Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Equipment Used : On 11m CRE 8900, K-PO NM-532 Power Mic, Turner JM+2\U Power Mic, Moonraker 1/2 wave GPA antenna, Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9000D, a 1/4 wave GPA & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 6:25 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
Razz229 wrote:
NUBSTER wrote:

Please don't take this as a dig at all Amateur Radio operators because it's not  I know there is good and bad in all radio but it just seems strange that the main ars*holes happen to be licensed.

Have to agree with you Martin there are many good CB and Amateur radio users out there. It's a shame that the few spoil it for the majority.
Back to top Go down
Matt86

Matt86

QTH or Location : Swindon
Call Sign : 26ct2767
Equipment Used : Yaesu ft818 , yaesu ft891

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 10:08 pm

This is why I mainly on ssb and stay away from uk40 spart from sids net .

Dont give up, plenty good 11m operators and hams out there .

73 , Matt
Back to top Go down
NUBSTER

NUBSTER

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 9:06 am

Matt86 wrote:
This is why I mainly on ssb and stay away from uk40 spart from sids net .

Dont give up, plenty good 11m operators and hams out there .

73 , Matt
90% I'm normally on SSB myself Matt and the other 10% AM, I dont really like the FM mode TBH anyway and as for UKFM waste of time in my area as what I mentioned in one of post why ,but be careful Matt there getting on to SSB now too, so what with the donkey noises and Oscar Italy what we normally get on SSB from Europe which TBH I ignore cos it's not offensive but we're be getting some UK di*heads on SSB who are offensive.
Back to top Go down
PeteW

PeteW

QTH or Location : West Lancashire UK
Equipment Used : Thunderpole T800 / CRT 6900n / various Sirio moble antennas

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 11:16 am

personally rarely go on the Mensa channel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They're still there!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: